Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabin In The Woods (film)

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    Stooges? I know I said above don't judge a film by its trailer but my god Stooges looked awful.
    From what I've seen, there's only two reasons to go and see The Three Stooges, and they're both owned by Kate Upton!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Looks muddled as hell--like Cabin Fever, Hostel, The Strangers, and Saw all in one.
    Thats kind of the point, go see it and you'll understand why
    I went to see it last night and I thought it was great, very clever take on any of the "teen horror" films you've ever seen before & they pulled it off really well. I dont want to spoil it but all I can say is go see it. Theres buckets of gore and zombies for good measure too

Administrator

England
    Seeing it Tue evening...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    So Neil, did you enjoy?

United States
    I saw it Sunday. Pretty good. Not QUITE as clever as I'd hoped but good. Interesting that that the "twist" is really revealed right up front, it's the WHYS of it all that keep you guessing & waiting for the reveal, although if you're paying attention, it's pretty easily figured out. It did have some clever examination of the "teen slasher" horror formula & used it in a new & interesting way.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Saw it tonight. Absolutely f*cking loved it! Haven't had that much fun with a movie in a very long time. Going into it with as little knowledge as possible was a great move.

I feel like the majority of horror buffs will love it. However, people that are kind of into horror or indifferent about the genre, generally won't enjoy it as much or "get" it.

Gotta go in expecting a [super] fun movie experience - not something that will be serious and scare the pants off of you.

Administrator

England
    I enjoyed it. Sort of felt like a more adult supercharged buffy episode
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I saw it last night. Pretty dang sweeet.
    It felt like it was over too fast.

Being Attacked

England
    I would recommend the Visual Guide to the film, complete story ideas and backstories to many of the things seen in the film

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, overall more favorable responses on this than I would have guessed. I'm looking forward to catching it eventually, now.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wow, overall more favorable responses on this than I would have guessed. I'm looking forward to catching it eventually, now.
    Well, it did have zombies in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    I would recommend the Visual Guide to the film, complete story ideas and backstories to many of the things seen in the film
    And where would this be found?

Being Attacked

England
    A shop that sells books or as we Brit's call them 'bookshops' or online . I believe Amazon have it.

Aaland
    I don't know. I'm skeptical about seeing this.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny how people cry and scream for no more remakes and more original shit, but then something original comes along and everyone says "I'm not seeing that."

I'm telling all of you skeptics - the movie is marketed as a teen Hostel/Cabin Fever movie. However, marketing teams get paid to skew trailers in order to attract specific audiences.

I'll leave you at that.

Ireland
    To quote the fella to the left "IS THIS THE SHIT THAT'S SUPPOSED TO KNOCK OUR SOCKS OFF?"

What a pile of overrated crap. Not half as smart as it thinks it is and it's just Whedon taking something that's been done already ('Scream') and dicking about. I can't stand this git, I really can't. But what's worse is how everything he does is feted as some sort of greatness.

This cabin is a woodworm infested shack that the estate agent has hyped as a nice "fixer-uper".

VERY disappointed. But then, it's Whedon...so I should have known better. I suppose I only have myself to blame.

It's the last chance he's getting out of me.

Simply cannot believe the good words being written about this from various quarters.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....