Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x12 "Better Angels" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    The pending zombie attack doesn't sit right with me though...what the hell where they doing there anyway? and how long where they in the woods, not bothering to head over to the big house and investigate all the din coming from their noisy neighbours? Rick and Shane's yap would have drawn them out long before the gunshot from Carl. It's a bit odd.
    Perhaps it's just a horde that wasn't there before and has just recently made their way through the forest?

United Kingdom
    I think Randall's group will be involved in the finale somehow.
    Kill 'em All

United States
    Agree with all it was an amazing episode I am not sure if the writers were giving a nod to the people who wanted more zombie killing with that opening montage or not but either way I enjoyed it and was thrilled with it's inclusion.

@Wyld as I said if I were Shane I would wait for the baby to be born, and then prove paternity or attempt to by whatever means were available to me at the time, there is no saying the kid is mine and therefore I am not going to fly off the handle and try to make it mine by force. It still could be Rick's you just don't know.

As to my cherry picking your posts or hurting you, I selectively respond to your posts because they are HUGE and I really can't take the time to address them line by line that would be a third job for me.

I stand by everything else I said and I am very comfortable with it, and at this point I am going to agree to disagree with you we will never see eye to eye on it and even discussing it has ceased to be enjoyable so let's just say you are on one side and I am on the other and stop cluttering the board with the back and forth that goes nowhere.
    Last edited by Thorn; 13-Mar-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: stuff

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Perhaps it's just a horde that wasn't there before and has just recently made their way through the forest?
    I've heard (seen as my mate posted the entire screenplay on facebook last night, dont know how true it is) DONT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS!!

that the horde of zombies that reach the farm are shown making their way from where Ricks horse was eaten in Atlanta, apparently a helicopter flying overhead startles them and the horde migrates over a period of weeks to end up near the farm, then a gun shot is heard and the horde heads towards it - leading them to the farm

Fresh Meat

United States
    Holy bleeping crap! just watched the episode finally, and skimmed the thread. Must go to work now, hope I can keep my mind on the job,lol. I'll have more than a few comments when I get home . WOW

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfast41 View Post
    Holy bleeping crap! just watched the episode finally, and skimmed the thread. Must go to work now, hope I can keep my mind on the job,lol. I'll have more than a few comments when I get home . WOW
    I am avoiding the spoilers Thank you for putting them in tags.

This show was really kind of amazing in my mind it was excellent story telling, good character development, great action, pacing, and plot... and the acting was above the normal high quality level I have come to expect.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I've heard (seen as my mate posted the entire screenplay on facebook last night, dont know how true it is) DONT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS!!

that the horde of zombies that reach the farm are shown making their way from where Ricks horse was eaten in Atlanta, apparently a helicopter flying overhead startles them and the horde migrates over a period of weeks to end up near the farm, then a gun shot is heard and the horde heads towards it - leading them to the farm
    I've heard that too. Seems to be legit. If they're sticking close to the comics....

That helicopter could be the news team from Atlanta that eventually crashes near Woodbury and is taken in by The Governor(now confirmed for season three).
    So if it works out that way, that's a nice bit of continuity to tie back into the entire television series thus far.

Ireland
    Aye, but I felt it was a bit too whizz-ping! Instant horde. I'll have to watch it again. After the unlikely safety of the farm up til now, it felt a bit off to have a load corpses just appear out of nowhere and it stuck me as odd that only Carls gunshot caught their attention, but not Rick going "Wahhhhh, I just killed me best mate...he was a bollox anyway! Wahhhh......!"
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    The pending zombie attack doesn't sit right with me though...what the hell where they doing there anyway? and how long where they in the woods, not bothering to head over to the big house and investigate all the din coming from their noisy neighbours? Rick and Shane's yap would have drawn them out long before the gunshot from Carl. It's a bit odd.
    I think it was a good way to show that they have literally been surrounded by zombies for a while now, but never knew it! The sound of the gunshot just gave the zombie crowd somewhere specific to home in on. What an scary sight, seeing that horde emerging from out of the forest! I hope Glenn and Daryl already made it out of the woods...

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post

That sounds awesome! Really ties it back in with the pilot. I hoped something would come of that, and it may even tie in with whatever Jenner told Rick...

England
    Possibly the herd from the highway, maybe a bunch of them went off into the forest for one reason or another and then went a bit dormant as TWD walkers seem to do.

It was a great closing shot anyway. This series is rocking my world the way a good series should.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Twitching

United States
    Ya know I just realized I was missing an effective means of "winning" an argument in a post-apocalyptic environment.
    Screw persuasion, shoot who screws you and then wash your hands of people mired in what their lives once were. I mean, after all, Shane died because even he was enough stuck in what was that he couldn't just draw and squeeze the trigger the moment Rick stepped in front of him. Rationally speaking, if you're going to MURDER an ex-cop who's survived dealing with gangbangers who vastly outnumbered him and a saloon-style Old West shootout you've got to be 100% committed or you're just gently placing your head on the chopping block.

You're right Thorn. We're NEVER going to agree. You think the modern moral code and principles of jurisprudence can be maintained in a world where life literally isn't worth a pack of unopened smokes. We beat around the bush in the details of the frame by frame, but if you think about it you and I would make quite effective stand-ins for Rick & Shane. The only difference being I wouldn't have telegraphed my darker intentions over petty crap early on, and you wouldn't be SO idealistic as to be unwilling to drop me the moment I hit your threat-radar (I'll grant you that, based on you seeming to have your head on straight about using lethal force without qualm to defend your family from visible threats.) We're oil and water so far as our moral codes go. I'll just finish with this:

I don't know what you've experienced in life, so I won't proceed to judge your perceptions of human nature beyond your expressed ideals. For my part, however, EVERYTHING I have seen...not a half-dozen times, not twenty times, not fifty times...more times than I can count, literally. Everything I've ever seen indicates that the majority of human beings will become something that makes Khardis's mouthing-off seem like choir-boy practice once you remove the choke-chain of effective law-enforcement and convenient, even easy, day-to-day access to life-necessities.

I like you. I truly do. So right here, I'll give you the best wishes I could frame for what I know of you. "God (whichever you believe in, or insert the term Universe if none) grant that Thorn, his loved ones and friends live full and happy lives and die at a ripe old age before the world ever falls apart. I know he (Thorn) is a better person than me, and I truly don't want to see him either dragged down to my level by seeing the things I've seen and worse, or losing everything important because he's just not cut out for a world where humanity's "Better Angels" are all the barrier holding at bay the savage killer lurking in every human soul. My prayer, Shawn M. Panzegraf, This Day March 13, 2012"
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 13-Mar-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Editing.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I too am a little disappointed that Shane is no longer part of the show. I thought he was the most powerful character in the series so far. I think that's a testament to the actor that played him. Not that the other actors suck, just that Jon Bernthal really did an outstanding job playing Shane! I think that should definitely boost his career. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything else. The only actors I have seen otherwise are Dr. Jenner, T-Dog(maybe), Dale, and Daryl. And Meryl of course.
    Which is why I commented in one of the spoiler threads relating to Shane's death that their gonna have to do some major upgrades to the characters or introduce some really great new ones. Because like him or hate him, Shane was pretty much the driving force behind both seasons so far. You take him out of the equation and you got a big hole to fill!
    Totally agree, but I am also glad they killed him off as well,you can't realistically have a multiple murderer who is a danger to the group there for several seasons, it would hurt the integrity of the show.

But yeah, gonna need somebody special to fill his boots.

As for Berthnal himself, can't have done his future prospects any harm at all with the performances he turned in, especially in this season...I was nervous every time he was on screen, he was a ticking time bomb of destruction and violence.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    All of this arguing over Rick and Shane, and yet I think Daryl is best equipped to survive all of this. He wouldn't make a good leader at all, but I best relate to Daryl because he could just say screw the group and take off, and survive on his own. I'm not exactly sure why he hasn't.

United States
    @ Wyld I wish you the same brother, life and luck to you and yours.

As to the horde/herd in the woods, perhaps they were brought to the area more and more over time, the sounds of barnageddon, and all the rest. Then the sounds died so they went dormant, but they got closer and closer with each sound or each outburst... in this episode they said the creek was drying up unless I misheard which would mean it was no longer acting as a barrier. That is my theory on that.
    Last edited by Thorn; 13-Mar-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: to add