Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L.A. Noire (video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What's the gameplay time for this games roughly? ie: How many hours to finish it roughly?
    I played it on Xbox360, and without a guide or anything, I think I put in something like around 20 hours into it - maybe more - but I can't recall off the top of my head. So considering you can pick it up for like £15 (on Xbox360) easily at the moment, getting more than 'a hour a pound' out of it is a good deal in my view ... the 'hour/pound' ratio is my scale of how much of a bargain a game has been. For example, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was £12.99, and I got 33 hours out of it, so that's a very good deal. L.A. Noire I paid just shy of £40 for, and got around 20 hours out of it (so £2 per hour), which is decent (but at £15 it's a very good deal) ... but the best I've had so far is GTA IV ... bought for £39.99 and I have had somewhere in the region of 200 hours out of it (yes, 200 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If you haven't already, you should play Red Dead Redemption next. Imo, the best game of 2010 and one of my all time favorites.
    I whole-heartedly agree, the original version of Red Dead Redemption is an absolute must have. If you're digging the atmosphere of L.A. Noire, you'll adore the atmosphere of RDR. Undead Nightmare is a different beast in a way, but if you're enjoying that, you should really enjoy the normal game - and it can be picked up quite cheap. I highly recommend you nab yourself a copy of RDR.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Shame not on PC
    Indeed, tis a shame, however L.A. Noire "The Complete Edition" is available on the PC (featuring all the DLC and alternative cases - on consoles there was a whole series of cases split across different retailers as exclusives, which was most annoying, however on PC the entire lot is there ... so it's even more of a deal. You can get it for less than £25 - perhaps you might want to get yourself in there, Neil?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Mar-2012 at 10:54 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i bought the undead nightmare almost a month ago, its pretty good so far.
    Undead Nightmare is okay for the zombie lover in all of us, but you definitely need to get your hands on the original RDR game. IF you enjoy the immersive experience of LA Noire, you're going to cream your pants over RDR. Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with Undead Nightmare. While I know it was an add-on for the game, I feel like it was actually a step down from what original made RDR great.

Besides....what boy doesn't want to be a cowboy? Get RDR. NOW!
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Mar-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    LOL i havent played the other revolver games yet, i'll check tomorrow for used copies