Thread: Circling The Drain: The Story

ViP

Undisclosed

Circling The Drain: The Story

I figured that 3 years has somewhat surpassed the statute of limitations for the secrecy of the project known as Circling The Drain. For a long time, it was felt that non-disclosure of story / script was an important thing to maintain while in production, especially since all progress was being catalogued for the world to see. Scripts were, of course, distributed to cast and crew. However, outside of the production, very little was given away as to what was actually being filmed, storywise. I'm not entirely ready to give up the ghost on CTD, so I'll not reveal it all (i.e. the script).

What I'm going to share though, is the pre-screenplay draft of "Circling The Drain" written in June of 2003. It differs a bit from the script in numerous ways, as most adaptations do. Things such as structure, elaboration, exclusion, and addition were the filters that were brought to this draft. What can be downloaded now is the original and core vision for what "Circling The Drain" was supposed to be. It was matured conceptually at that point but a bit underdeveloped in a literature sense. Maybe this glimpse into project will serve as a small quelling of curiosity as part of the epitaph.

Dead

Undisclosed
    as much as I've wanted to read this, I'll put it aside for another week so I'll have something good for spring break.

United States
    much thanks!

United States
    what? no jive talkin', joke making black guy, what kind of zombie movie is this?

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    really good stuff man

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick
    really good stuff man
    You dug? I appreciate it ...

Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    as much as I've wanted to read this, I'll put it aside for another week so I'll have something good for spring break.
    Sweet ... I hope the wait is worth it.
    Last edited by Cereval; 03-Mar-2006 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost