Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So.. just one episode left. What are you hoping to see?

United States

So.. just one episode left. What are you hoping to see?

There is a lot that has happened over the course of this season, fans of the trades and fans of the show both have been shocked and surprised and there are a number of threads that are still lose and unresolved. On top of that as fans there are things we WANT to see in our zombie movies/shows.

SO if you could have any one thing happen what would that be?

(If you are a reader of the comics please be mindful of spoilers)

For me personally I am just looking forward to that last stand type defense of the house, I would love to see something that was in a way like Night of the living dead where we had a siege scenario but with our survivors being more aggressive and more take the fight to them sorts.

The children and those who were night fighters in the house and the fighter types (male and female alike) working to defend the farm as best they can.

I also want a very high body count.

Fresh Meat

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    There is a lot that has happened over the course of this season, fans of the trades and fans of the show both have been shocked and surprised and there are a number of threads that are still lose and unresolved. On top of that as fans there are things we WANT to see in our zombie movies/shows.

SO if you could have any one thing happen what would that be?

(If you are a reader of the comics please be mindful of spoilers)

For me personally I am just looking forward to that last stand type defense of the house, I would love to see something that was in a way like Night of the living dead where we had a siege scenario but with our survivors being more aggressive and more take the fight to them sorts.

The children and those who were night fighters in the house and the fighter types (male and female alike) working to defend the farm as best they can.

I also want a very high body count.
    You might see a bit of a siege scenario. I wonder if there is a chance the main group leaves but Hershel a couple others stay behind and we follow the group on the road and the Hershel group in a siege situation at the house. If you will recall a couple of episodes ago Hershel said to the group that he was stocking up the basement of the house with supplies so they could hold up in there for days and still have food etc... if they had to.

I would find that interesting, in my scenario above probably eventually Hershel and company get overrun and feasted upon and that would close the book on the farmhouse in the show. Then we continue to carry on with Rick and the rest of the group on the road.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I knew from the start of Season Two that it was always going to be a cliffhanger ending, I just hoped it would be more of a "OH SH*T, I can't wait till next season!" rather than a "WTF kind of ending was that?!?". From what I hear, we'll be getting more of the "I can't wait!!!" ending that should make comic fans happy, but may leave tv-only viewers a bit in the "WTF?" category....
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Mar-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: .

England
    I want a 40 minute zombie war.

But I'll settle for 10 minutes becasue zombie attacks in TWD are pretty damn special (still think the camp attack in S1 was perfection).

I fully expect the farm (and several farm folks) to be a sad, bitter memory next season.

Wondering if any action will be initiated by Randalls group, maybe they pitch up at the farm, start shooting and that forest herd gets all riled and decides it's feedin' time!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I knew from the start of Season Two that it was always going to be a cliffhanger ending, I just hoped it would be more of a "OH SH*T, I can't wait till next season!" rather than a "WTF kind of ending was that?!?". From what I hear, we'll be getting more of the "I can't wait!!!" ending that should make comic fans happy, but may leave tv-only viewers a bit in the "WTF?" category....
    I like the idea Eat Flesh put forward, the best of both worlds with a nod towards Night.

Cliff Hanger ending REALLY??? I HATE Cliff Hanger endings at the close of the season it makes me CRAZY! This is confirmed?????

England
    I like the idea Eat Flesh put forward, the best of both worlds with a nod towards Night.

Cliff Hanger ending REALLY??? I HATE Cliff Hanger endings at the close of the season it makes me CRAZY! This is confirmed?????
    It would actually be better to see the remains of our group riding off all banged up and upset after losing several folks wouldn't it...like season 1, but after taking a far heavier beating/losses...maybe the farmhouse engulfed in flames and tons of bodies lying about while surviving walkers feed on what if there.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    It would actually be better to see the remains of our group riding off all banged up and upset after losing several folks wouldn't it...like season 1, but after taking a far heavier beating/losses...maybe the farmhouse engulfed in flames and tons of bodies lying about while surviving walkers feed on what if there.
    Agreed. I don't want a cliff hanger, I want a nice tidy ending to the season where we are left to ponder the implications of what we just saw, and anticipate what is to come. I don't want a guy hanging on for dear life and falling wondering if he is going ot b caught all summer long.

Undisclosed
    a) get off the farm after a long and bloody siege

b) suspense and dread please

c) what did Jenner tell Rick, at least a mention ...

d) whatever happened to the father and son (can't remember his name, too tired to look it up) Rick kept radio contact with up 'till episode 1 of this season?

e) why did we see a helicopter in season 1? Any significance?

At least two or three of the above would be nice to see mentioned

England
    I know whats coming seen as a mate of mine went and plastered the entire episode spoiler across Facebook for all to see (I posted it in the "Better angels" thread in spoiler tags), I wish i hadnt seen the spoiler in a way, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it all play out!

United States
    What am I hoping for?

Every single human to be eaten except for Daryl.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    What am I hoping for?

Every single human to be eaten except for Daryl.
    Season 3 will be all about Daryls quest to hunt and consume every walker on the planet.

"I am Redneck Legend"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Season 3 will be all about Daryls quest to hunt and consume every walker on the planet.

"I am Redneck Legend"
    Like a boss!

I really like that idea - in fact, that would drastically improve an already great show!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 15-Mar-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: bacon mf'er

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

More or less. It's not a cliffhanger ending like "Tune in next season to find out how Johnny survives the pack of rabid wildebeests!", but more of a cliffhanger as far as how the gang will continue on. Much like the finale for season one where they ride away from the CDC, it's a definite ending to the season but there is an obvious "to be continued" underneath the surface. The "to be continued" will mean more to comic fans than casual viewers, is what I was getting at....
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Mar-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    I am hoping at the end of the episode it features an outside shot of the house while everyone says a Waltons style "good night" to each other.
    Last edited by Sammich; 15-Mar-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: a

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I am hoping at the end of the episode it features an outside shot of the house while everyone says a Waltons style "good night" to each other.
    And I thought my idea was good...that is just quality.