Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: TWD 2x13 "Beside The Dying Fire" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Arco View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I didn't see it mentioned in this thread. If everyone is already infected, why do they die from being bitten?
    I'm not sure if that has been specifically addressed by Mazzara or Kirkman, but my personal opinion would be it speeds up the infection, as well as the blood loss from bites.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm still wondering how Fat Tony pissed on the floor. We never saw him drink anything. You can't fire without the audience seeing you reload!

Lol I thought you were going to say something along the lines of how did he find his penis!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm not sure if that has been specifically addressed by Mazzara or Kirkman, but my personal opinion would be it speeds up the infection, as well as the blood loss from bites.
    I always figured it was a much more concentrated dose of whatever bacteria/virus/infection it is.. Rick says that we are all carriers but remember morgan describes the fever after you been bit in the first season..

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I always figured it was a much more concentrated dose of whatever bacteria/virus/infection it is.. Rick says that we are all carriers but remember morgan describes the fever after you been bit in the first season..
    Indeed - a straight, hard dose of the completely mutated bad stuff directly into your bloodstream and direct from the source (i.e. a walker), combined with the blood loss and shock, and boom - walker time.

United States
    It pains me to say this fellas, but I finished the season 2 finale, started reading the first page of this thread... and stopped.... the spoilers coming out of the comic book fans are just killing me.

I'm afraid I'm going into a self-imposed media blackout until after the series gets beyond where the comics fans can ruin it for me.
    Last edited by Trin; 20-May-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: yea
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

I'm afraid I'm going into a self-imposed media blackout until after the series gets beyond where the comics fans can ruin it for me.
    I haven't read the comics, but I have read up on where they're headed in them. I kind of like seeing how/where they veer off on the show.
    I don't mind the spoilers, but then again, at XMAS I used to find out what I was getting a few months beforehand by sneeking a peek.
    I'm admittedly not a very patient person.

Super Moderator

UK
    You'll be waiting a while then, if you're going to avoid the forum discussion until the show catches up with the comics (which will never happen). Next month the sixteenth volume of the trade paperbacks is released, and the first two seasons cover the first two trade paperbacks. From what I've read it could be suggested that the next two seasons will cover volumes 3 through 8, but who knows?

I've been reading the trade paperbacks (started in advance of the show beginning in 2010), and have read volumes one-through-fifteen, and I've found it really cool to have these two tellings of the same content running side-by-side. I know where certain things are heading, but it's more of a vague guide, as the path they take to get there is sometimes very different. It's kind of like having two universes running parallel, but telling the story in different ways with different events happening at different times. Indeed, numerous big moments of season two never happened in the books, or in that way at least.

I'd definitely recommend reading the trade paperbacks. The show still manages to shock and surprise me frequently and consistently, plus it's even more enjoyable to see how they're working with, and apart from, the source material.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You'll be waiting a while then, if you're going to avoid the forum discussion until the show catches up with the comics (which will never happen). Next month the sixteenth volume of the trade paperbacks is released, and the first two seasons cover the first two trade paperbacks. From what I've read it could be suggested that the next two seasons will cover volumes 3 through 8, but who knows?

I've been reading the trade paperbacks (started in advance of the show beginning in 2010), and have read volumes one-through-fifteen, and I've found it really cool to have these two tellings of the same content running side-by-side. I know where certain things are heading, but it's more of a vague guide, as the path they take to get there is sometimes very different. It's kind of like having two universes running parallel, but telling the story in different ways with different events happening at different times. Indeed, numerous big moments of season two never happened in the books, or in that way at least.

I'd definitely recommend reading the trade paperbacks. The show still manages to shock and surprise me frequently and consistently, plus it's even more enjoyable to see how they're working with, and apart from, the source material.
    This.

I love the comics, I am biased of course having worked in the industry as a colorist and having owned a comic book store.. .that said they are amazing. I also can second the fact that they in no way ruin the show for me as the show really does exist in an alternate universe were there are so many changes I have plenty of shock and surprise moments.

In face I can appreciate how they make it all work while paying proper homage to the source material while claiming the universe and direction as it's own in the tv show.

Not enough credit is given there I think.