Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x13 "Beside The Dying Fire" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Freaking awesome!

Hershel lives, T-Dogg lives, Daryl is still the man, Lori needs to die, Rick laid down the law, Michonne!, The Prison!, Jenner's secret, red shirts dead, fire, zombies, zombies, zombies, OMG ZOMBIES!

Good times and now the wait for season 3!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    I don't know what it is but this episode seems a bit off. Everything felt forced and weak. It felt like a different show for a few moments.
    They should've done a 90 minute segment. They put too much into a cramped timespace. Felt like I was being hurried out the door after a party.
    It was a good episode. The pacing was just too rushed.

I didn't like how Rick got a little babyish at the end. But I do like the direction he's headed in. His leadership skills remain in question apparently through season 3.
    Last edited by babomb; 19-Mar-2012 at 04:36 AM. Reason: ..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by netrais View Post
    It seems that they haven't cast Michonne yet, no one's hoodie is that dark inside. Can someone tell me who exactly is Chris Hardwick anyway? Did he have something to do with the comic or show?
    You're welcome:

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...s-michonne.php

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    he revealed the actress playing michonne, and those walkers with her serve as distraction to other walkers to make her blend in.
    Thnx for the info bro. It's wierd that they don't attack her though. They seemed very docile.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Aaland
    The actress playing Michonne is Danai Gurira..

Now onto what i thought of the episode.. It was pretty good, i loved the flash back in the beginning of the herd it was pretty creepy. What i don't understand is if they were following the helicopter why in the hell did they end up on the farm? The herd was in the middle of a major city i'm pretty damn sure they would of hit more than a few road blocks and came across more than a couple distractions (the living) on the way. I don't find it believable or realistic that the herd could of bee lined it straight to Hershel's farm.

Quote Originally Posted by erisi236 View Post
    I really can't wait until Lori is killed in the worst way possible, I'm really tired of her.

I don't know what it is, the writing or the way it's acted out or both, but every time she does or says anything it makes me hate her more and more.
    I agree with the sentiment about Lori, she seems like a manipulative whiny bitch.. I can't wait until she gets the axe in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and chris hardwick is not a good host on the talking dead at all. while it's cool to see the creators and actors sit down and field a few questions, most questions asked by the host and twitter twats are somewhat predictable and almost a waste of time. amc should just stick to creating original drama series's (sp?) and leave awkward talk shows and reality shows about pompous overweight fanboys to other networks.
    I really can't stand Chris Hardwick!! He comes off as a very fake person sort of like a used car salesman with an alligator smile. I don't watch "The Talking Dead" for that reason.

Does any one else watch Comic Book Men? could you say BORING? AMC could do a lot better than that crap shoot. I only DVR it and skip through it for sneak peaks of TWD.

Undisclosed
    I really liked the chaos and confusion of the farm scene. They got so complacent so no contingency plans were made and got that result.

Michonne with the 2 zombies in tow was epic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From the way lori reacted when rick told her he killed shane the first words out of my mouth was " wow, she loved him ". It was plain as day.

And let's not forget, before the shit hit the fan they were having problems in their marriage, perhaps they were drifting apart. Atleast that's what i deduced from rick's convo with shane in the patrol car and lori's convo with a friend in front of carl's school.

And another thing. I'd bet my balls that it was her that made the first move, not shane. Otherwise, I have a feeling he would have played the "uncle shane part" and protected them but it would have stopped there. In my eyes shane's blood is on her hands. Perhaps that's why she keeled over all naseous and stuff. To me it was a textbook "what have i done" moment.

Last edited by darth los; 19-Mar-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: /
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dead

United States
    Hershel seems to be turning into Rick's fanboy.

Undisclosed
    Friggin' phenomenal!! Thank you Lord, for allowing me to live long enough to see a zombie series (and a great one at that)!! That episode was as good as any George movie, imho. I'm still on a zombie high!! One thing I did notice, the farmhouse seemed to be untouched. If someone knew better, they could've hid under a bed for the night and escaped unscathed. It looked as though the herd moved on. It's going to be long wait until October.

England
    More than happy with the way they introduced Michonne. Was a bit worried how that would look on screen but they didn't go over the top with it. The armless walkers looked outstanding. Very much from the comics. Did anyone notice if their jaws had been removed as well? Im really looking forward to episodes with Andrea and Michonne together fighting their way to safety as long as they dont overuse Michonne slowmo slicing zombies to pieces.
    It was a good call to split the group up.
    The helicopter herd thing wasn't very well executed was it? Just didn't make any sense to me.
    Ricks character is on his way down that dark tunnel.
    I do have one worry with season 3 though. They have used a some of the moral issues /plotlines from the prison arc this season. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    At this stage, I'm more than happy to see T-Dog morph into Tyrese. We still don't know ANYTHING about him so they can create any backstory they want.

I wonder how long it will be before people start complaining that they've been stuck at the prison too long
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before people start complaining that they've been stuck at the prison too long
    God. I know. That timeframe in the comics was virtually all interpersonal drama once they got in. I can totally picture a dozen episodes before they meet the big bad. Hoping that's not the case.

The last four episodes or so have really picked up the pace. I'm hoping the momentum carries forward into next season.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by niiru View Post
    I can totally picture a dozen episodes before they meet the big bad. Hoping that's not the case.
    They announced the actor to play him a few weeks back, so i'm thinking he'll appear earlier in the tv series than he did in the comics...
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Mar-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    huh, not kept up with the show this season but i wondered if they were going to add michonne in the show. wonder if they will add more of her 'deal' in the tv show since she gets kind of forgotten in the comics in my opinion after the big

prison
    arc.

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Hershel seems to be turning into Rick's fanboy.
    I think both his attitude of Rick and Daryl's attitude of Rick change substantially over the last 3 minutes of the Episode. I'm not sure Herschel or Daryl completely condone what Rick did (of course, neither of them can be 100% sure Rick is telling the truth either).

Daryl was defending Rick to Carl, and them BOOM...Rick's speech.

It really seems to me that whole part was forced. That whole "I LED YOU OFF THE FARM"...um, what? Dude, you lit a fire in the barn, you got Herschel's son killed. You waited WAY to long to kill Shane. The only people you got off the farm were your boy and Herschel, and I think Herschel was pretty content to just die on the farm.

I really like Rick...but I think the writing and pacing of this change seems to be a bit off. That whole democracy speech at the end.

Super Moderator

UK
    OH.
    MY.
    GOD.
    THAT WAS SUPER SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    oh.....my.....god.... that was AWESOME!!!!!!!
    HELL. YES.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Ernest Dickerson has the directors chair tonight with the episode written by Mazzara and Kirkman.
    And they kicked effing arse with 2x13 - right out of the park, through the atmosphere, and into friggin' space.

1) Opening sequence showing the zombie herd growing was great - I loved that the genesis of the herd was the very same helicopter that Rick chased in the first episode - a nifty little twist of fate there. Loved seeing these zombies just plodding along, gathering weight behind them, until fate rang the dinner bell. Excellent kick off.

2) 15 minutes of incredible action ... it was like all the zombie dreams I've ever had while asleep were put onto the screen. Seriously kick arse, so much awesomeness all together - simply.friggin.wow.

3) Excellent character stuff - Lori getting bowled over that Rick killed Shane and that she was a part of it, her actions helped lead to that conclusion (as Mazzara said on Talking Dead) - and good on Rick for laying down a dose of reality to quell the panic at the campfire. Fair play I can understand the panic, but Rick has it right - his outburst was a much needed bit of venting.

4) Michonne - the reveal was even more awesome than I could have hoped for. SO.DAMN.COOL.

5) Andrea in the woods - a real trial by fire for her, well done Laurie Holden.

6) It'd be boring to see Hershel reload his shotgun, but it did make me chuckle how he never really ran out of shells for like two straight minutes. Also, Scott Wilson did a great job - he brought the brawn, but he also brought the brain as Hershel, utterly shellshocked, says goodbye to his farm.

7) The barn burning - incredible - a potent image, but also great. As they said on The Talking Dead, they saw the barn was about to collapse, had the zombies run back to their starting positions, and resume a fresh walk towards camera so they could get that shot - pure luck that they managed to catch that, and wow, it really kicked arse.

8) Glenn's gotta girlfriend, Glenn's gotta girlfriend... - nice to see their relationship taking another step forward. It feels like it's right out of the comics.

9) I figured Patricia would get it, and I loved that ... damn, forget the girl's name again ... but that the girl was clinging on to her. Really emotional scene there. Figured Jimmy would cark it too, there's wasn't much for him to do generally, but we do need a bit of cannon fodder from time-to-time, especially if it furthers the emotional core of the main characters.

10) You know what - the entire cast did an awesome job. Two thumbs fresh for the whole lot of them.

The "In Memoriam" bit on Talking Dead made me chuckle - a whole slew of farm invaders.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Even without her face, the introduction of Michonne was just simply amazing. Straight from the comics, yet it actually worked! It felt like it fit with the show. Bravo Mazarra, Kirkman, and company. Many people wondered if Michonne could have the comic introdcution in the show without it coming off as cheesy, but they pulled it off....