Thread: Zombex (film)

Administrator

England

Zombex (film)

http://zombexmovie.com/

An Eleven:11 Films & Hardcharger Films Production; Written & Directed by Jesse Dayton; Starring Lew Temple, David Christopher, Malcolm McDowell, Sid Haig, Corey Feldman, Emily Kaye, Desiree McKinney, Pierre Kennel, and Tom Araya of Slayer

Zombex is a throw-back zombie horror film set in historic New Orleans, using a pharmaceutical company as the culprit for outbreak, a private military contracting firm as the clean up, and a caravan to Austin Texas as the only hope for a vaccine. With the feel of the old classic zombie films that established the genre (Zombie, Dellamorte Dellamore), mixed with the energy and intensity of the new wave zombie films, such as 28 Days Later, The Crazies, and the new Dawn of the Dead, Zombex pulls from a wide variety of inspiration to construct this unique and wholly original view of the post-apocalyptic zombie America. The story follows Charlie Thibideaux, a locally famous Zydeco player, as he slowly begins to discover why seemingly normal people are starting to turn into the undead, with all signs pointing to a new experimental drug given to post-Katrina survivors.

...but then we get to...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Tom Araya? WTF?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Just from the poster alone, it is easy to tell that the movie is going to be the typical House of the Dead crap with super-stereotypes.

Another big red flag for me that always signals it is a crap movie are actors with their fingers constantly wrapped around the triggers of the guns- just like in the poster. No demonstration of basic firearm safety means no basic firearms instruction = sideways gangsta style shooting, shooting from the hip, people getting thrown through the air by bullets and unlimited ammo that would make Herschel jealous.

Super Moderator

United States
    Neil, you forgot to add the quotation marks around the word impressive to imply you were being facetious. I mean, I get it has Malcolm McDowell in it, allegedly, but look at the rest of the cast.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Tom Araya? WTF?
    yeah. along with sid haig, malcolm mcdowell (wonder who he owed a favor too), david christopher and frikkin' corey haim.

it's like someone on acid cast this movie.

-- -------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    J, people getting thrown through the air by bullets
    that is easily my most hated "device" that's gotten popular in movies in recent years. the thing that just flabbergasts me is how many people believe such inane shit is possible. when you try to explain to someone why that is simply, utterly, and completely impossible, i'm surprised at the blank looks i get back sometimes.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Malcolm McDowell morphed into Michael Cane at some point: will make any ol' shitty movie in order to make the boat payment, whereas Cane morphed back & started doing quality work again. Screwy, huh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Malcolm McDowell morphed into Michael Cane at some point: will make any ol' shitty movie in order to make the boat payment, whereas Cane morphed back & started doing quality work again. Screwy, huh?
    i wonder if malcolm is on the donald pleasance plan. when don was asked why an actor of his caliber took so many roles in utterly shitty films, he simply replied, "Alimony and Child support. full stop." i guess 4 ex-wives could get kind of expensive.

on another note: that is one of the worst movie posters i've ever seen. looks like something i could put together using photoshop - nay, check that- harvard graphics on an old 486 computer.
    Last edited by Mike70; 27-Mar-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: d

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    and frikkin' corey haim.
    Feldman, not Haim. Haim would be cool, since he's already as dead as his careers been for decades. Cheaper on the make up FX, too.
    Feldman, though?
    That's worse than scraping the bottom of the barrel. That's like picking up the barrel, tossing it aside, digging about 100 feet down, using it as a toilet for a month, then you scrape for what's oozing around. More like that...

Undisclosed
    The thing with Corey Feldman is that the movie characters he is supposed to portray just end up being Corey Feldman.

Super Moderator

United States
    The thing with Corey Feldman is that the movie characters he is supposed to portray just end up being Corey Feldman.
    A graduate of the Kevin Costner school of acting, you say?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Being Attacked

England
    Christ this looks awful, I can't stand bad posters (unless I'm in the film then all my morals go out the door) how hard is it to put together a decent one?
    If in doubt just put the bloody title on a black background and some smoke and blood, job done

Also the black woman looks slightly bow legged? Or is that just an odd stance?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Feldman, not Haim.
    my bad. a slip of the keyboard. hard to separate the two. like fucked up 80s movie twins or something akin to it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    my bad. a slip of the keyboard. hard to separate the two. like fucked up 80s movie twins or something akin to it.
    I think the guy's last name, Haig, might have been the culprit, being next to Corey. Happens to me when I speed read superhigh. Or when I drink a butt ton of coffee. I get all hyper.
    Yeah, especially in Bordello of Blood. Because he definitely did SUCK.