Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best zombie video game (current) ?

Chasing Prey

Canada

Best zombie video game (current) ?

i think we can rule out dead island since it just sucks ass. anyone have any pointers? im looking for games on ps3

Undisclosed
    I think that left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2 are still the best zombie shooter games and both games have many regularly released player designed maps and campaigns.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    thanks a bunch, it doesnt play like dead island does it? that engine is terrible

Undisclosed
    I don't know I never played dead island. L4D and L4D2 are 4 player co-op type fps through steam if you have a pc. I am not sure how the PS3 version is because I don't have one of those either.

United States
    Dead island is an open world (kind of) zombie/infection game that is an RPG really. L4D and L4D2 are episodic shooters. They play completely differently. L4D and L4D2 are likely the most fun games I have played recently as for zombie games.

United States
    The Left 4 Dead games aren't on PS3. They are great games, though.

United States
    No idea about the Ps3 sadly it is the only platform I do not own.

Super Moderator

United States
    I just wish there was an expansive and slightly more improved version (maybe grown up is the correct wording) of Fort Zombie. Anyone aware of anything like that?

I think a game dedicated to stealth, searching, scavenging, stockpiling, crafting and building out a viable fort, bug out location or the like could be so cool if done correctly. Combat could be rudimentary or detailed, but I want these other options to be the highlight for a change in a well done zombie videogame.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I think a game dedicated to stealth, searching, scavenging, stockpiling, crafting and building out a viable fort, bug out location or the like could be so cool if done correctly.
    This come pretty close:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Undisclosed
    As far as games on PS3 go i would say Dead Rising 2 (if you can stomach the rinse and repeat arcadey mechanics and japanese weird sense of humour), Undead nightmare, ...
    Don't forget Resident Evil 2 is available on the PSN.

England
    Dead Island wasnt all that bad on first play, I was really enjoying it till you get to the jungle, then I lost interest. The zombie action was good and the zombies were as they should be, slow, shambling & can take some punishment before dropping. L4D2 is probably the best (not strictly zombies I know) but its really only enjoyable for around an hour at a time. The first Resident Evil game is up there too, although there is a lot of rose tinted nostalgia involved as the dialogue was terrible, but as a 15 year old kid it oozed atmosphere and what seem like restrictions in the game by todays standards seemed like freedom and cutting edge technology back in '97!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the best across the board is left 4 dead 2 on PC and Mac. lots of servers,constant new content and maps from custom campaigns so you are never going to have seen all you can have seen when the fans make new zombie scenarios to escape.

United States
    even though i really hate crapcom and all the shit they pull with "gold versions" and day-one dlc locked on discs and was totally against the concept at first, i'm quite enjoying dead rising 2: off the record. sandbox mode is awesome from the little i've played of it, and being able to run around in co-op mode with a friend is fun, too.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    This come pretty close:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
    Thanks for posting this, RC! I'd seen it some time ago, but forgotten all about it.

The graphical look isn't as gritty as I'd like, but if the gameplay ends up being there, that's
    the most important thing.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's funny how L4D is allowed the title "Zombie game" whereas when applying the same genre "to 28 Days Later" people clench their fists and their eyes turn red.

Whoops, it seems I knocked over some kind of can. All sorts of worms are crawling out!