Thread: Happy Resurrection Day!

Undisclosed

Smile Happy Resurrection Day!

For fellow believers.

United States
    Is it just me or does the guard on the right wearing the turban not look like he's about to say:

"Oh, Jesus Christ!"

Happy Easter to you and to all your loved ones and to everyone else at HPotD as well. I hope everyone has a great day and remember it has more meaning than Jimmy Stewart's friend Harvey coming around bringing chocolates to everyone.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Throw it!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Same to you, Purge and JDPF!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Administrator

England
    I'm afraid I'm one of the people in the "think it's a load of old cobblers" camp....
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

United States
    Interesting. I'd heard that since Easter has come to be recognized as a Pagan holiday by some that several Christian groups were now referring to it as simply Resurrection Day, and I missed the thread title during the weekend.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany