Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More commercials I hate

United States

More commercials I hate

Sorry, but I have the need to vent so please accept my apologies for venting here, and it's been a while since we've had this discussion.

A few more new commercials have come up that really piss me off:

I truly despise the free credit report commercials with that new faux hipster band which I hate much more than the old faux hipster band (which I also did not like but now find more tolerable in comparison). Everytime I see these commericals I want to seriously punch something - preferrably the chubby lead singer wearing eyeglasses and stupid hair.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPDdx...eature=related

And those Heinniken Beer commericals with another faux hipster and his date dancing to a bollywood song from the '60s. My blood pressure rises and I get acid reflux everytime I see this on TV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bywh_...eature=related

I get that these commericals are probably meant for a different demographic, and I get that maybe I am watching too much TV, but I truly truly hate these commericals, which leads me to wonder if any of you also have commericals that you simply cannot tolerate?

Alternatively, I have seen some commericals that are appealing, though those are rare. Do any of you have examples of these?

Just curious - thanks folks!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 05-Feb-2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: yes minister!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Oh man I despise the entire hipster glasses crap. These are the same superficial dweebs that deemed eyeglasses as a fashion insult over 5 years ago. Now they are all running around with frames with plain glass or even more absurd no lenses at all.

It is just a huge insult to me as for more than the past 25 years I HAD to wear glasses. I almost ended up with an ulcerated cornea from using contacts and I am too damn poor to get laser done so I am stuck.

WTF is going to be the next idiotic hipster fashion trend, wearing a leg brace? Or how about a designer neck brace?

The most irritating commercial, and thank god it isn't being shown anymore, is that one with those 3 office knobheads "celebrating" end of work friday with their stupid cell phone guitar and moustache mouth apps.

Oh ya and talking baby etrade commercials make me want to put my head through a wall.

United States
    I smashed a TV with a sledge hamer once.....way back when Nancy Kerrigan was telling me how much of a "winner" I'd be if I ate Cambels soup

OH! and for you "old schoolers".......WHERE'S THE BEEF!? now I need a beer and it's way too early for that .....heh
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 05-Feb-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys know those remote devices? They have the ability to change channels. Just throwing that out there.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You guys know those remote devices? They have the ability to change channels. Just throwing that out there.
    Adverts - it's why I record damn-near everything and watch it the following day (unless it's The Walking Dead - that I have to see on the night it airs ) - I've been doing it so long that when I do watch something with adverts I can't believe how bored I suddenly become waiting for five minutes of brow-beating marketting to finish. Plus it does save a lot of time fast forwarding through the adverts - and even though I'm spinning through them at max speed, I can still recognise all the products being pimped - especially as so many adverts seem to be on an endless repeat.

You know what pisses me off though - you switch to another channel to avoid adverts (any old scrap of any old bit of TV is better than waving goodbye to five minutes of your life as you wait for the adverts to ruddy well finish yet again) but all the channels seem to sync their adverts up at the same damn time!

Administrator

England
    You know which particullar advert gets me at the moment, see that Geordie Shore advert!? if i have to see that again i will not be responsible for my actions.

United States
    i've not had cable or satellite in over a year now, so i'm kinda outta the loop on shitty commercials. the gf recently moved in though, and she wants to get directv, so i'm sure that before long i'll have a few to add to this list.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You know which particullar advert gets me at the moment, see that Geordie Shore advert!? if i have to see that again i will not be responsible for my actions.
    After watching one of the commercials for that show on youtube, I am damn glad I don't live in the UK.

I will never understand how voyeuristically following the interactions of excessively obnoxious and idiotic people crammed into a house is considered entertainment.

Undisclosed
    How about that Burger King or McDonald's ad where the guy goes out to get pickles for his pregnant wife, and he keeps whispering "Pickles, pickles, pickles" over and over again in his head? Makes me wanna staple my ears shut.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My most hated commercials are those fucking "GET CONNECTED FOR FREE WITH EDUCATION CONNECTION" ones with the girl singing about having to work and go to school. The TV always goes on mute when they come on.

England
    I generally hate the vast majority of commercials, its one of the best things about watching BBC channels in the UK because there are no commercials on there barring trailers for their own programmes. Sky plus is genius as well because you can just skip past them! Perfume/aftershave commercials annoy me, why advertise something that supposedly smells nice on TV when the people you're targeting cant actually smell it??

Twitching

Undisclosed
    My least favorite right now are those Charmin toilet paper commercials with the cartoon bears. Commercials for pretty much any products dealing with bodily functions are becoming increasingly repulsive these days, including "feminine hygiene" products, laxatives, erectile dysfunction medication, etc.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    As a matter of fact, I've not seen it ... so I'll count myself lucky. I kept seeing the 'Desperate Scousewives' one when that started (I wish all these shows would fuck off forever). DS, Made in Chelsea, TOWIE, and shitty bloody Geordie Shore ... and that's just the British ones. It's about the worst thing that peaceful humanity has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I generally hate the vast majority of commercials, its one of the best things about watching BBC channels in the UK because there are no commercials on there barring trailers for their own programmes. Sky plus is genius as well because you can just skip past them! Perfume/aftershave commercials annoy me, why advertise something that supposedly smells nice on TV when the people you're targeting cant actually smell it??
    Kind of like those Joop! adverts when The Walking Dead is on? Yeah, I hate those too ... it clashes so much with the show itself that it's just offensive. I'll never buy Joop anyway, but I'm specifically not going to buy it because of that crappy, intrusive advert ... fuck you Joop!

England
    Now I dont mind Joop, smelling of it got me laid once when I was around 20-ish, the girl (quite fit too!) said I "smelled of sex" and was all over me so that was a great night! however, the adverts definitely piss me off, you cant tell through an advert what something smells like and no amount of blokes with their shirts off writhing with some fit supermodel is going to tell me that, they should stick to the scratch & sniff sample pages in magazines where you can actually smell their product and stay the hell off my TV!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    After watching one of the commercials for that show on youtube, I am damn glad I don't live in the UK.

I will never understand how voyeuristically following the interactions of excessively obnoxious and idiotic people crammed into a house is considered entertainment.
    Stupid people will generally watch what they are told to watch.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....