Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite TV show intro sequences?

Super Moderator

UK

Question Your favourite TV show intro sequences?

I was thinking about this the other day and decided to compile a list of the TV show opening title sequences that I never once skip past.

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...sequences.html

But was also wondering what you guys would put on your own lists of all-time favourite, never-skip tv show intro sequences.

United States
    The first one off the top of my head would be The Simpsons since they change it almost every episode.

Administrator

England

...and Tangerine Dream for the win...

..and missing classics like The Rockford Files, Miami Vice, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Airwolf and Space 1999
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Who can forget this bad boy!

Really liking this one as well at the moment, gives a good idea about the world the stories are set in & boundaries between the kingdoms etc

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I wouldn't call it a fav, but it's a classic:

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Great Britain
    Miami Vice

Super Moderator

United States
    Always loved it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    ^^ Tis a classic!

And I'd forgotten all about "Get Shorty"

Time Tunnel was kind of cool too!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Buck Rodgers and Laverne and Shirley. Someone already mentioned the Duke boys.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im not a huge fan of the show, but i dug this one for showing the bridge between realty and fiction with this decades long franchise that has influenced what it was trying to emulate.

United States

Undisclosed
    The Kingdom; great cinematography and creepy atmosphere

and probably my all time favourite series was this.
    Last edited by krisvds; 06-Apr-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Lou - good point on The Simpson's ... although I do tend to skip the bits in-between the new bits, but aye, I always make sure I catch the weekly jokes they stick in. Indeed they've really been doing a lot of background quick sight gags (e.g. funny store signs, shelves of books etc) in recent episodes, so it's always worth pausing and rewinding every now and then.

Neil - ah yes, UFO, that was a show I used to watch when it was repeating in the 90s (during the resurrection of Gerry Anderson's kick arse shows). All the GA shows had great intros. Come to think of it, they used to use the themtune to UFO on the Hollywood Babble-On podcast.

The Rockford Files (never seen it), Miami Vice (know of it, but never watched it), Battlestar Galactica (don't watch it/never watched it), Buck Rogers (never watched it), Airwolf (kick arse theme song, but never watched it, I was all about The A-Team) and Space 1999 (watched it back in the 90s).

Twilight Zone is a classic intro, although I have to admit - I've never properly watched an episode of it. There's just so much stuff out there to watch, so inevitably you'll miss a classic ... I know prepare myself for an utter onslaught of "OMFG?!" from you guys.

Lots of good choices here by you folks.

United States