Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another XBOX dead

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Another XBOX dead

My fifth or sixth (seventh?) XBOX f*cked up last night. This is one of the brand new S models, too. One XBOX just stopped outputting a video signal, one stopped reading discs, and the others got red rings. This one went because the disc tray is screwed up - it won't stay closed. Most of my XBOX's lasted a year, but this one lasted 27 days. TWENTY SEVEN DAYS.

Thankfully I still have the receipt for it.

Jesus christ, if there's any inclination of some sort of faultiness with the next XBOX, they can kiss my ass.

So god damn angry. If there were an official XBOX service center around here, I'd be going into their office and flipping shit.
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 09-Apr-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    sorry man this is exactly the reason why i'll never get an xbox

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Either I don't play my 360 enough or I just got extremely lucky because I've only had one minor problem with mine in the 6(?) years I've had it.

Are you guys smoking inside with these things or tossing them around or something?
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Apr-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Yeah, dang. I thought my kid went through them, but 27 days?
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Yeah, dang. I thought my kid went through them, but 27 days?
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
    its not unheard of. usually the ones that break in the first month are the ones that werent as well put together, loose solder here, broken screw here and so on.

United States
    My last one lasted 3 years (Arcade version) and lost the video connection. I just had to buy 2 new rechargeable batteries today. The dead ones lasted about 4 years. Can't beat 10 dollars a piece...not even with a stick.

Hopefully the new ones will last at least a year. All I expect out of them anyways at that price.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 11-Apr-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Took the XBOX back to Target and they [painlessly] swapped it out for a new one. Upon getting this new one, it turns out the one that broke was fucked up from the start. The disc tray would auto-close after like 4 seconds. I kept thinking it was some new safety feature they had put in the new XBOX's - turns out it wasn't supposed to be doing that. Haha!

Jason - In all the houses I've lived in, there has been a no-smoking policy, so that can't be the case. I think it's just the fact that I have the worst fucking luck ever. My buddy bought a refurbished (IE: used) XBOX 20gb model like 3 years ago and he's never had one problem with it. I have another friend that has had his 360 since launch day, and plays it all the time. But then, there are other friends who have gone through just as many as me.

I love the game library and the live service far too much for me to completely abandon it and just stick to my PS3.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So I guess it must be the luck of the draw kind of thing. Sorry to hear about all the troubles, Mike. I'm damn sure glad I haven't really had any serious issues with mine....

I do love the reliability of the ol' PS3, though. Just tossing that out there...

Ireland
    I only go near mine occasionally, but I would do my nut if I had that sort of trouble with any machine.

I hope the new one is hassle free!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

I hope the new one is hassle free!
    I'll definitely be waiting before buying. I don't know how long, but I figure at least 6 months, probably longer.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    My fifth or sixth (seventh?) XBOX f*cked up last night. This is one of the brand new S models, too. One XBOX just stopped outputting a video signal, one stopped reading discs, and the others got red rings. This one went because the disc tray is screwed up - it won't stay closed. Most of my XBOX's lasted a year, but this one lasted 27 days. TWENTY SEVEN DAYS.

Careful there, Mike - if you complain too much about Microsoft and the Xbox, someone is bound to tell you it's probably just you and the majority of the other people who own them don't have those kinds of problems. You might even join my ranks and get called a "tool"

Fanboys, what a funny bunch.

Anyhoo....

Sorry to hear that, man - and it's not just you. I've been in the same position quite a few times, although I haven't gone through more than 5 like you! wow! Didn't make me too happy, either. At least I know now when the next gen systems come out, it's going to be a LONG time before I purchase one if I even decide to invest in one of them (and I probably won't).

As far as why we break so many and why others don't - who knows, but mine does get worked hard. Not sure about you, but I don't play that much personally (I'm more a PC gamer than console) but my son plays it on a daily basis and gives it a right good workout every time. This last one he got has been doing good for quite a few months, but I'm just waiting to come any day now and hear, "Dad! The Xbox screwed up again!"
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Apr-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: .

Norway
    I think Mircrosoft made the xbox poorly because they know that not all bother with all the work you have to do to get it repaired or replaced, they just buy a new one.
    Otherwise they would have fixed the problem by now when I bought my Ps3 in 2008 one of the reason was all the complaints I saw on youtube and on internet reviewer sites about the red ring of death. Atleast Sony dont try to nickle and dime you to death like microsoft.

Undisclosed
    XBOX was the first console that made people get up, turn 360 and walk away.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    XBOX was the first console that made people get up, turn 360 and walk away.
    Unless you meant 180, that sentence should look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    XBOX was the first console that made people get up, turn 360 and walk toward it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Unless you meant 180, that sentence should look like this:
    REALLY? dude the turn 360 and walk away joke is ancient in internet terms, thats like not knowing 'ill buy that for a dollar'!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/why-th...it-an-xbox-360
    Last edited by Danny; 18-Apr-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: dfgfg