Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    why not George Washington?
    Pfft, everyone knows that George Washington was kleptocratic, power hungry, anthropophagic fiend.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Aaland
    What about good ole Burr? From what I hear he has a good shot with the dueling pistol.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
    What about good ole Burr? From what I hear he has a good shot with the dueling pistol.
    Good point, and you just reminded me that Paul Revere (the silver smith!) was also a werewolf hunter:

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Aaland
    Where is that image from? I've never heard of this book before.

Super Moderator

United States
    The comic is called Revere, published by Alias, if I recall correctly:

Loved the art & premise, but the plotting/dialogue left something to be desired.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Pfft, everyone knows that George Washington was kleptocratic, power hungry, anthropophagic fiend.
    Which is exactly why he'd be perfect for this - better than Lincoln!

Undisclosed
    Asylum gave life to the most influential entity of the 21st century: SHARKTOPUS.

His message of love, world peace and wanting to help animals and old people is crucial in these turbulent times.
    Shame on you all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah. Say what you want about Asylum, I still had a better time with Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus than Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, King Arthur or countless other shitty hollywood flicks. I often prefer alternate cinema to regular stuff they put out. Wether it be Troma, Asylum or whatever.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Yeah. Say what you want about Asylum, I still had a better time with Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus
    And that was at least an 'original title' from them. What about their other 100 'con you into renting it' titles?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I saw "I Am Omega". It was alright for what it was. Zombies were better than I Am Legend, actually.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Surely we can send in the special forces to take these morons out!?
    Every asylum film has made a profit.

Hacks, certainly. Morons, not at all.

Undisclosed
    I don't view Asylum as ripping off other movies, but satirizing and mocking the horrible crap that hollywood keeps pumping out.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I don't view Asylum as ripping off other movies, but satirizing and mocking the horrible crap that hollywood keeps pumping out.
    Talk about rose-tinted glasses?

I really cannot see any justification for the copy-cat drivel they churn out. It's cynical, lazy and weak.

-- -------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I saw "I Am Omega". It was alright for what it was. Zombies were better than I Am Legend, actually.
    My review of "I Am Omega":-
    The production values on this title, given the obvious low budget, were surprisingly good. But what lets this film down is the completely run-of-the-mill paint-by-numbers script. The individuals behind it had all the tools they needed to make a somewhat interesting film, but just didn't bother with an imaginative/solid story.

Worse still, the outcome is actually generally dull as well as unimaginative... So what we end up with is not a mediocre, poorly written film, but a boring and dull, mediocre, poorly written film.

It's frustrating to think that a chance was lost here to make a watchable film because of the lack of some decent forethought at the scripting stage. One has to wonder if the producers were too busy calculating projected cash-in revenue (in making a film on the coat-tail of 'I Am Legend') instead of actually thinking what it should be about.
    Here's a comment I made about them a few years back:-
    Any success is basically akin to prostitution... They aim at a safe common denominator and basically leach off someone elses talent. Give their films titles different to the originals and see how well they do... They'd just disappear into the crapper even quicker than they currently do.

Again, their production quality is impressive, so that's my real problem. They just cop out and make no real effort at a decent film. In effect, knowing theres plenty of people who will be willing to pay, they just bend over and willingly just take one up the rear...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Have you not seen the pure garbage that has been coming out of hollywood lately? It is all huge budget remakes, sequels or "re-invisionings" that use excessive special effects to make up for a lack of storyline and character development. Your description of "cynical, lazy and weak." more aptly fits the "mainstream" movie industry that has driven original creativity out of town.

Just look at the top 5 movies this week:

1. The Hunger Games - re-invisioning of Battle Royale with an over-hyped Asch paradigm exploiting marketing campaign
    2. American Reunion - sequel
    3. Titanic - re-release
    4. Wrath of the Titans - sequel of a remake
    5. Mirror Mirror - remake of Snow White

All movies that I have absolutely no desire to pay for to see in the theaters.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Have you not seen the pure garbage that has been coming out of hollywood lately? It is all huge budget remakes, sequels or "re-invisionings" that use excessive special effects to make up for a lack of storyline and character development. Your description of "cynical, lazy and weak." more aptly fits the "mainstream" movie industry that has driven original creativity out of town.

Just look at the top 5 movies this week:

1. The Hunger Games - re-invisioning of Battle Royale with an over-hyped Asch paradigm exploiting marketing campaign
    2. American Reunion - sequel
    3. Titanic - re-release
    4. Wrath of the Titans - sequel of a remake
    5. Mirror Mirror - remake of Snow White

All movies that I have absolutely no desire to pay for to see in the theaters.
    1) These silly comparisons between The Hunger Games and Battle Royale... Have you read the book/seen it?
    2) Is that the american pie sequel? It does look bad!
    3) So your point is, it's a bad film because it was so enjoyable, people still want to see it?
    4) So you're using a film with an original storyline (that's getting better reviews than its predecessor) in defense for the kings of needless cyncial copying, The Asylum? Confused?
    5) It's a reimagining of a film from 70+ years ago isn't it? Don't think the reviews are very +ve though.

Anyway, not sure what your your point is here? It's interesting that you can go down those 5 films, and more than likely The Asylum have released a 'clone' of theirs to cash in on the them. How f***ing lazy can you get. You see a product on the horizon that you know will be superior to anything your could produce - because you're just a bunch of hacks - so instead you knock off a script that just about does the job and quickly throw out your version being as close as you can in story and even posts/cover art, without risking infringing on copyright, and then hope you con enough people into watching it, solely on the interest raised by the original superior product.

You used the word creativity, and I'm more than happy to suggest it's certainly still there in Hollywood, but long since forgotten (if indeed they even ever aspired to it) at the hackville Asylum!
    -Carl Sagan