Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies

Aaland
    Woah... who ever said Wrath of the Titans was a good movie to begin with?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
    Woah... who ever said Wrath of the Titans was a good movie to begin with?
    Wrath seems to be getting fairly OK reviews from what I've seen? And generally they seem to suggest it's at least better than its predecessor?!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't know what you want me to say, Neil? I liked I Am Omega better or equal to I Am Legend. That was an Asylum pictures. I've seen shit and crap from both sides of the fence. Asylum is bad yeah, but occasionally that's what I crave. I'm glad they're around to offer diversity from shit like Green Lantern or Clash of the Titans or Thor.

I agree with you on the Hunger Games / Battle Royale similarities. I've seen both films are they're very different (Not read either book). The story isn't even that similar, only the actual idea of teenagers killing each other is. But Battle Royale is from like... 1996? And now it's 16 years later? Get over it, people with way more likeness' get released in shorter timespans than that. Also, Battle Royale is pretty shit whereas Hunger Games was surprisingly good.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I don't know what you want me to say, Neil? I liked I Am Omega better or equal to I Am Legend. That was an Asylum pictures. I've seen shit and crap from both sides of the fence. Asylum is bad yeah, but occasionally that's what I crave. I'm glad they're around to offer diversity from shit like Green Lantern or Clash of the Titans or Thor.

I agree with you on the Hunger Games / Battle Royale similarities. I've seen both films are they're very different (Not read either book). The story isn't even that similar, only the actual idea of teenagers killing each other is. But Battle Royale is from like... 1996? And now it's 16 years later? Get over it, people with way more likeness' get released in shorter timespans than that. Also, Battle Royale is pretty shit whereas Hunger Games was surprisingly good.
    I think I Am Omega is probably Asylum's most popular film, reaching the dizzy heights of about 3/10 in IMDB. I seem recalling enjoying the start, and soon realising as it progressed, it was writing of a pretty poor order, and had to force myself to reach the end. I seem to recall two truly absolutely daft elements to the script and couldn't fathom how they reached the filming process other than they didn't really care!? I saw it long before I knew the kack fast that is "The Asylum" and watched it due to the "I Am Legend" and "Omega Man" flavour of the title and plot. Their ploy basically worked, just like it no doubt does with so many of their other titles on so many other poor souls!

While I Am Legend had some very frustrating elements to it, and could have been truly great if it had been "less Hollywood," but there are a couple of elements/sections that work reasonably well IMHO. So I can watch parts of it again, but I'd find the whole thing too hard going I think.

EDIT: Just found a post of mine regarding "I Am Omega":-

So our hero is busy planting explosives on the gas pipes to blow up the nearby city - We never know why, maybe to kill the infected? And also we never quite know how a few sticks of dynamite can nuke a whole city several miles away... Let's hope Al-Qaeda don't learn this trick!

Anyway, he receives a transmission from a woman trapped in the city but says he won't help her.

With less than 24hrs left till the city blows up a pair of soldiers turn up and convince our hero to go into the city with them to rescue the woman before the city blows up. Why? Because she holds the secret to a cure for the virus... What are the chances of that!

Anyway, one of the two soldiers die on the way in, and the other stays with the body. Our hero manages to find the women and in escaping, just in the nick of time, the remaining soldier turns up to save them both from the creatures...

And now the uber scripting kicks in... The soldier shoots our hero (a number of times), informs us that infact the ONLY reason they wanted to rescue her was - ready for this... sit down now! - to kill her. They like the way the world is now, and don't want things fixed.

So, the woman was trapped in the city, the city was going to blow up in a few hours... No one was going to rescue/save her, so they convince someone to go into to rescue her, risk their lives as well going it to save her, all just to kill her...

Dear God!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Aaland
    I will say Wrath was much better than the Clash. However, I felt like the plot was weak and the acting bad as asual. I will not say anything else because if I do I will ruin the plot for those who have not seen it.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I agree with you on the Hunger Games / Battle Royale similarities.
    Theseus. End of story.

People who claim The Hunger Games copied Battle Royale are basement dwelling idiots.