View Poll Results: Carefully look down the ten finalists and vote for your favourite caption

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) "And Then Carl Gets Shot"

7 17.50%
  • 2) "Cough For Me"

5 12.50%
  • 3) "Lindsey Lohan Is Still Alive"

0 0%
  • 4) "I'm Actually Just The Janitor"

10 25.00%
  • 5) "That's Bullshit Man"

1 2.50%
  • 6) "Big Al Told Me Dog's Can't Look Up"

10 25.00%
  • 7) "This Is Important"

4 10.00%
  • 8) "Game Of Thrones"

0 0%
  • 9) "I See Dead People"

1 2.50%
  • 10) "Don't Want To Say It's Zombies"

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caption Competition Finalists - [CLOSED]

Administrator

England

Exclamation Caption Competition Finalists - [CLOSED]

Over the past few weeks we've run a caption competition featuring a still from The Walking Dead. The moderators have chosen their favourite ten and now it's your difficult job to choose a winner by voting for it.

The finalist with the most votes by Sunday the 22nd of April will win the boxset of The Walking Dead (Season 1 or 2, DVD or Bluray, winners choice)!
    NOTE: To prevent people gaining votes from simply asking friends/family to vote for them, only votes from accounts registered before the 12th of April will be counted. We're sorry about this, but is seems the only way to ensure a nice fair result.
    Carefully look down the following ten finalists and then vote (above) for your favourite.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Are we allowed to comment?

If so, I think the "Big Al" will win simply because of the reference and not the quality of the joke....

United States
    I think they were all pretty damn funny, and loved the whole thing Good luck all!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

If so, I think the "Big Al" will win simply because of the reference and not the quality of the joke....
    Sadly, I didn't remember the Big Al quote. Strangely, my kid rented Shawn last night and I heard the quote. I was like, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Administrator

England
    Please note, we've added a caveat to the voting process:-
    To prevent people gaining votes from simply asking friends/family to vote for them, only votes from accounts created before the 12th of April will be counted. We're sorry about this, but is seems the only way to ensure a nice fair result.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

But doesn't the reference increase the quality of the joke? Or the joke increase the quality of the reference? or...

Wait, what?

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Thank you for re-adding me back in,it was one big mis-understanding that was for sure,glad we cleared it up..

Also to people that keep asking me what my ref in my photo is,it is this.

between that and them always calling them biters/or walkers lol

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyrue View Post

between that and them always calling them biters/or walkers lol
    I've posted the same image here once or twice, myself. It never gets old as far as I'm concerned!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    because his hair is fantastic

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Hrm if you look at rick's hair in the pic it is getting to the same point as the alien guys hair haha

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hrm if you look at rick's hair in the pic it is getting to the same point as the alien guys hair haha
    Speaking of Rick's length of hair, did anyone else notice that it seemed longer in the second half of season two?

Think that is actual growth over the course of filming or intentional for the story and what's to come? I'm hoping for a sighting of Andrew Lincoln around Senoia in the coming months....

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    wow thought this contest would go faster in the polls...can see not many people come to this site often huh?

And yea in the comics rick had a beard and longish hair around the prison part.

United States
    wow thought this contest would go faster in the polls...can see not many people come to this site often huh?

And yea in the comics rick had a beard and longish hair around the prison part.
    Imagine his pubes...

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Imagine his pubes...
    Lmao no thank you haha..

And come on peep's if you view the page please vote.

Just watched Shaun last night, so I'm digging that one as of now, but I'll think on it a bit before voting.