Thread: Can I recommend "Dropbox" to any of you?

Administrator

England

Can I recommend "Dropbox" to any of you?

Not sure if you guys are aware of this tool, but I've used it for years now. It's simply a free virtual drive online; Think of it like a USB memory stick that can be plugged/shared between all your machine.

I for example have my home and work machines using it. So I can just share files between these machines simply my dropping them into my 'dropbox'. You can even put photo albums on it for people to view. You can even set up shared folders between other dropbox users. It also keeps an audit/backup of all changes (for a month), so if you delete or change a file, you can undo those changes if you wish.

If you're interested, take the following link because both you and I get extra space on our accounts (yes, I'm pimping!) http://db.tt/mjqnZsmL

Using my link equates to an extra 250MB of storage ontop of your standard 2GB!

EDIT: You now get an extra 500MB of storage with my link! ie: 2.5GB
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    2 Gigs free?

I'll give it a shot. I have to read their policies to see if it will work for my needs.

Any catches to the service that you've found to date, Neil?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    2 Gigs free?

I'll give it a shot. I have to read their policies to see if it will work for my needs.

Any catches to the service that you've found to date, Neil?
    2.25GB if you take my link!

None at all. You can even set up folders within your dropbox and share them with any other dropbox users. A group of us use it to swap photos/files easily...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Signed up... Thanks Neil... This can help Lou and I when working on Music files for flicks
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Signed up... Thanks Neil... This can help Lou and I when working on Music files for flicks
    Indeed! A couple of us use it in a similar way. If Lou signs up, you can share a folder with him.

ps: Again, if he uses the above link he gets 2.25GB instead of just 2GB.

pps: Couldn't reduce the depth of your sig could you?
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Indeed! A couple of us use it in a similar way. If Lou signs up, you can share a folder with him.

ps: Again, if he uses the above link he gets 2.25GB instead of just 2GB.

pps: Couldn't reduce the depth of your sig could you?
    Wasn't that big until the update
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Dropbox have now increased the amount of space...

If you follow my link you'll start off with 2.5GB of free online space, instead of the standard 2GB. http://db.tt/mjqnZsmL

I use this free tool all the time, and cannot recommend it enough! If you only use to to backup documents etc it's worth it!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I used it a lot until the casting girls at the office started uploading videos. I think we're at like 16 gig now and I'm like "f*ck that".