Thread: R.I.P. Dick Clark

Super Moderator

United States

R.I.P. Dick Clark

Dick Clark, Entertainment Icon Nicknamed 'America's Oldest Teenager,' Dies at 82

Source.
    Dick Clark, the music industry maverick, longtime TV host and powerhouse producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with "American Bandstand," and whose trademark "Rockin' Eve" became a fixture of New Year's celebrations, died today at the age of 82.

Clark's agent Paul Shefrin said in statement that the veteran host died this morning following a "massive heart attack."

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    RIP Dick Clark. I still remember all the years I watched him doing New Years Eve through the 80's and early 90's.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    RIP Clark. His last few years of hosting New Years Rockin' Eve were kinda depressing. I think he had suffered a stroke and basically stumbled his lines throughout the entire evening.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    I still remember the time he was on Howard Stern with some guy who farts and a lady that would queef. The queefer had him throwing up in his mouth. Hilarious.
    Also, Greg Ham of Men at Work died yesterday.
    Bummer. Who's next?!?!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    hasn't some fundamental law of the universe been violated here?? i seem to remember an ep. of "life after people" that posited that in 200 million years only the pyramids, the apollo stuff on the moon and dick clark would remain.

on a serious note:
    he seemed to have had such a marvelously full, fun, and amazing life that the last thing he would probably want is for people to feel sad.

yeah, there are times i can be mean spirited about celebrity deaths but not this one. the only thing dick wanted to do in life was to kick out the jams and let it rock.

since it is 4/20, dick is probably up there passing around a bong with jimi hendrix, jim morrison, and greg allman.
    Last edited by Mike70; 20-Apr-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."