Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gory horrible history...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Were you in Edinburgh recently?

The Dungeon is pretty close to the train station, right beside it in fact, just over the bridge from Princes Street. If you happen to be by there again sometime, definitely check it out. Well worth the money, I had a blast. Likewise, not much further up the hill, there's Mary King's Close - a tour of real underground streets underneath Edinburgh. The Dungeon is better by comparison, but Mary King's Close was really interesting too - you get a tour guide (we got a guy portraying a grade digger) and you see how they used to live way back when in Edinburgh. Chilling - yet morbidly fascinating - stuff.
    Good 7-8yrs ago!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Aces, the book is titled "The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer".

I won't lie, it's not a book for the faint of heart. Kuklinski wasn't shy about vividly describing some of his murders, some even made my stomach turn, which is hard for a book to do to me. But yeah, it's a pretty impressive look into the mind of a true psychopath.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    Aces, the book is titled "The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer".

I won't lie, it's not a book for the faint of heart. Kuklinski wasn't shy about vividly describing some of his murders, some even made my stomach turn, which is hard for a book to do to me. But yeah, it's a pretty impressive look into the mind of a true psychopath.
    Strange he can profit by this sort of publication? ie: Making money by writing about his criminal activities?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    SimphonicX and Aces, dudes, you need to read the book on this f*cker. The documentary doesn't do any justice for how demeanted The Iceman was. In one of his off camera interviews, he tells how he calmly explained to his then 8 year old daughter about how difficult it would be for him to kill her if he ever accidentally beat her mother to death because, in his words, "I can't leave any potential witnesses, but you're my favorite possession."

That's all his family and wife were to this guy, things that belonged to him. And that was it. His wife Barbara never left him out of total fear for her life, because when they were first going out she tried to politely ask him to back off a bit because his behavior of constantly being around her was unsettling, Richard stabbed her in the arm and calmly stated, "You're mine, you belong to me now." He then told her that if she ever left him and he couldn't find her, he would take it out on her closest family members. Honestly, I've viewed her as one of the most resiliant women ever. When she first found out that she was pregnate, she had a sit down with Kuklinski and told him, "If you ever lay a hand on this child or any others we have, I'll cut your f*cking throat while you're sleeping."

His response to that was a calm shrug followed by an "Ok."

Richard said that Barbara was one of the few human beings he had ever learned in his life to trust, and she earned it when one time he had shoved a butcher knife into her hands and turned his back to her, stating, "If you really want to take me out, this is the only free shot I'm ever going to give you," and she didn't.

Check out the second part of the documentary, when he gets into how he killed one of his best friends of some 20 years. The interviewer asks him if he ever felt remorse for killing that friend or any others he ever had. Richard calmly states, "Let me tell you something. Right now, I'm serving multiple life sentences, I'm never getting out of prison. And the only reason that I'm in here right now is that a friend of mine, a guy I knew for years and trusted, ratted me out to the cops. And he's the only friend of mine that I didn't kill. So what do you think?"
    It's totally fascinating stuff - thanks for posting about it!
    It's hard to feel any sympathy for that monster and personally, I don't. I'm glad he's imprisoned - what an absolutely evil human being.

Dude reminds me of Tony Soprano sometimes....especially those older pictures....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Strange he can profit by this sort of publication? ie: Making money by writing about his criminal activities?
    New Jersey has a "Son of Sam law" that makes it possible, at least in theory, for crime victims or their families to seize anything a criminal makes from publicity of his crime (e.g. by selling book rights or movie rights). Don't know if any action was actually taken in Kuklinski's case, though.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Well, it's gonna be kinda hard for Kuklinski to do that considering that he's dead. Even though his death was ruled to natural causes, the timing of his end has been rather suspicious. He was set to testify against a high ranking mob boss that would have put the sucker behind bars for the rest of his life, but once Kuklinski went belly up, all charges were dropped against the mob boss. Kind of convinient for that guy, one would say.

But honestly, like Publius said, the money from the book really should go to the known families of his victims. It would certainly be the least that the publisher and the Kuklinski family could do for all the suffering the man inflicted. Don't know if that was ever done or will be done though either.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Check out the second part of the documentary, when he gets into how he killed one of his best friends of some 20 years. The interviewer asks him if he ever felt remorse for killing that friend or any others he ever had. Richard calmly states, "Let me tell you something. Right now, I'm serving multiple life sentences, I'm never getting out of prison. And the only reason that I'm in here right now is that a friend of mine, a guy I knew for years and trusted, ratted me out to the cops. And he's the only friend of mine that I didn't kill. So what do you think?"
    didn't this dude know another serial/contract killer that drove an ice cream truck as cover? he would serve ice cream to kids then go off and kill someone, only to calmly return to the ice cream truck and keep the push-up pops flowing to little kids.

i think he went by the simple moniker of "the ice cream man" or some such shit like that.

unless i'm completely off base here, didn't kuklinski claim to have killed this guy as well?
    Last edited by Mike70; 27-Apr-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Yeah Mike, it was a match made in hell.

The dude, can't remember his name, was a highly intelligent chemist. He showed Kuklinski how to mix this special chemical into Cyanide, and in just the right dose, make it (at the time) completely untracable to any known forensics. And when Kuklinski found out how effective it was for murdering someone, he switched over to poisoning as his primary means of conducting hits, which made him only more deadly than he already was.

And yeah, he shot the dude dead because he wanted Kuklinski to kill his wife and son as a special hit. Kuklinski I believed killed him in a rage, as I remember it, because his one rule with being a contract killer was no women, and without question no kids. He had a tendency to put extra special attention to torturing a hit if he found out the man was a confirmed rapist or child molestor.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    He had a tendency to put extra special attention to torturing a hit if he found out the man was a confirmed rapist or child molestor.
    Don't you just love blindsided criminal morality?
    They put themselves on a pedestal sometimes...what makes Kuklinski a better human being than a child killer? Erm....nothing, you're both evil f**ks.

It's fuckin' ironic really, how a guy can murder a woman and get a relatively easy time in jail compared to a guy who did the same thing to a kid....still bloody murderers though eh...still scum.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Don't you just love blindsided criminal morality?
    They put themselves on a pedestal sometimes...what makes Kuklinski a better human being than a child killer? Erm....nothing, you're both evil f**ks.

It's fuckin' ironic really, how a guy can murder a woman and get a relatively easy time in jail compared to a guy who did the same thing to a kid....still bloody murderers though eh...still scum.
    you beat me to the punch here. i've always been fascinated by the warped "morality" of some criminals. in one way, it is a totally sick perversion of right and wrong. but you can look at it another way: it might mean that deep down inside of some of these people there is still a kernel of humanity left and this a defense mechanism they use to rationalize their actions because they understand just how wrong what they are doing is.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Aaland
    The Monster of Florence. There are a ton of books on this guy. Also, I heard it inspired the creation of the Hannibal Lector character.

Administrator

England
    Tell you who we didn't include in this thread - TheDnepropetrovsk Maniacs...

It's the fact three seemingly average young lads could turn into such mindless monsters!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs

The case gained additional notoriety because the killers made video recordings of some of the murders, with one of the videos leaking to the Internet. Two 19-year-old locals, Viktor Sayenko and Igor Suprunyuck, were arrested and charged with 21 murders.

A third conspirator, Alexander Hanzha, was charged with two armed robberies that took place before the murder spree. On February 11, 2009, all three defendants were found guilty. Suprunyuck and Sayenko were sentenced to life imprisonment, while Hanzha received nine years in prison. The lawyers for Suprunyuck and Sayenko launched an appeal, which was dismissed by the Supreme Court of Ukraine in November 2009.
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Tell you who we didn't include in this thread - TheDnepropetrovsk Maniacs...

It's the fact three seemingly average young lads could turn into such mindless monsters!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs
    I remember those pussies. Someone in prison should record a snuff film on those three. They deserve the same fate as their victims. Hopefully, those three are being abused brutally in prison by the guards and other immates.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I remember those pussies. Someone in prison should record a snuff film on those three. They deserve the same fate as their victims. Hopefully, those three are being abused brutally in prison by the guards and other immates.
    Epically horrible read isn't it!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Epically horrible read isn't it!
    Not only is it horrible to read, but I watched the entire leaked video. I am glad local policed worked them over. I have read and been told the Ukrainian police are quite brutal.