View Poll Results: When would you perfer to vacation in Florida?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Winter

4 57.14%
  • Spring

2 28.57%
  • Summer

0 0%
  • Fall

1 14.29%

Thread: Vacation Preference Poll

United States

Vacation Preference Poll

This is a question I was curious about. If you were going to take a vacation to Florida, which season would you prefer to come? I would be interested for you to both vote in the poll, and give a brief explanation as to why you chose that season.

Super Moderator

United States
    Winter! I love the little treat of getting nice weather and dodging out on cold winter days. I've gone down a few times the last few years around the Holidays and it was, surprisingly, the perfect time to go!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i went to florida in february once and it was 28 degrees and ice and snow in ohio.....84 and sunny in orlando...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i went to florida in february once and it was 28 degrees and ice and snow in ohio.....84 and sunny in orlando...
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Winter! I love the little treat of getting nice weather and dodging out on cold winter days. I've gone down a few times the last few years around the Holidays and it was, surprisingly, the perfect time to go!
    I thought that some people would feel that way. Although every once in a while around here, it does actually get down below freezing in the winter

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    is there a never option? i have nothing against florida but i have the WORST luck in the world whenever i set foot in that state. i end up injured or sick every time and i mean every time i've been there.

i'm one of those fall/winter people anyway. so, i tend to vacation in places like upstate NY or Maine. Minnesota is another place that i head to quite a bit for a break.
    Last edited by Mike70; 20-Apr-2012 at 11:47 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I don't speak Spanish so unfortunately that rules me out of visiting Florida. I'd have to learn the native language first.

Not really big on traveling - everything I need is within 50 miles of where I live - why go elsewhere? I always take a Vacation during Halloween (it's my favorite holiday of the year) and have a major horror movie marathon. I usually intersperse a random day here or there that I take off - but usually I forget to take my days off until around October and then realize I have to take some time off for my vacation days or I'll lose them. Next year I get my third week of vacation as well so it'll be even more difficult for me to remember to take my days off (sigh, American problems).

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Spring.....

Not entirely as hot as it could be but not too cold.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Probably spring. Late spring. I'd want the warm weather, but not the massive outbursts of tourists I imagine come around during summertime.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    is there a never option? i have nothing against florida but i have the WORST luck in the world whenever i set foot in that state. i end up injured or sick every time and i mean every time i've been there.
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the state has anything against you, your luck was purely coincidental!

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I don't speak Spanish so unfortunately that rules me out of visiting Florida. I'd have to learn the native language first.
    I assume this is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Probably spring. Late spring. I'd want the warm weather, but not the massive outbursts of tourists I imagine come around during summertime.
    Lots of tourists in the spring too. Not like in the MtV hey day, but lots of spring breakers still come here.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 21-Apr-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: required

England
    I know it was just bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but those two British lads getting murdered in Florida last year kind of puts me off wanting to go. I've never visited the states before and I'd like to, but this year will likely be Europe again or the far east for my travels
    Last year I went to the Greek island of Zakynthos & it was gorgeous there

United States
    Well, we have over 15,000 murders a year here in the good old USA, so there was nothing personal and/or nationalistic about the two British lads being murdered. In fact, I am so used to constant murders that I dont even know specifically to which murders you are referring. There was/still is a big murder case not far from me where a 27 year old armed man followed an unarmed teenager, gunned him down, claimed self defense, and that man wasnt arrested until 45 days later after much public outcry.

Not to put you off from visiting Florida though, it is great here!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the state has anything against you, your luck was purely coincidental!
    I know, man. but i swear every time i've been there disaster has ensued and i've been to florida a bunch of times. that's a lot of bad luck

-- -------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I know it was just bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but those two British lads getting murdered in Florida last year kind of puts me off wanting to go. I've never visited the states before and I'd like to, but this year will likely be Europe again or the far east for my travels
    Last year I went to the Greek island of Zakynthos & it was gorgeous there
    dude, the US is not the violent, crazed place that it is portrayed as.

bring yourself over here for a visit. you know so many folks online that live over here, you'd probably never have to pay for a hotel room. think of the money you'd save
    Last edited by Mike70; 23-Apr-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."