Thread: Season 3 to start filming end of May in Senoia...

Administrator

England

Season 3 to start filming end of May in Senoia...

http://www.times-herald.com/local/20...lking-dead-MOS

For the first episode, “we’ll be filming in Senoia, for eight days,” Riley said. “We may be doing some filming at night in that episode. We may be filming at night for some of the other episodes, as well.”

Most filming will be done on weekdays.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There are a few spoilers within the article, fyi.

Comic Spoilers regarding this town and season three:

The production team states that they have constructed removable walls made of various items such as tires, sheet metal, etc., and the town is a walled-in community under control by a "benevolent Dicator". Looks like they'll be finding Woodbury before the prison? The prison set itself is being constructed at Raleigh studios, just outside of Senoia.

Super Moderator

UK
    I looked at the picture, and I knew it'd be that particular place - pretty cool. Whereabouts is Senoia, anyway?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I looked at the picture, and I knew it'd be that particular place - pretty cool. Whereabouts is Senoia, anyway?
    Right next to where they filmed Hershel's farm. Just a stone's throw down the street, really. The studio they're using, Raleigh, is just outside the town.
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Apr-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Regarding Bassman's comic book spoilers :

The group finding Woodbury before the prison? Is that even possible? The last shot of the last episode showed the prison in viewing distance of the groups location, so if the town is somewhere in between there and the prison surely the governor would know everything about it already? Unless of course the team decides to ignore the prison at first, travel on, ride into Woodsbury, all hell breaks loose and they escape, double back and decide to hole up in the prison, remebering it from way back? Hmmmm. Many comic book changes inbound probably come season 3 ...

Super Moderator

UK
    The camera had to crane way up high in order for us to see the prison, so they wouldn't be that high up, and they can't see it in the distance for the hills and the trees, and they could very well head in the opposite direction, and Hershel might not say "oh I know a sweet place to dig in" about the prison, because it might not spring to mind, but also because, you know, you'd assume it'd be full of prisoners (or walkers, or walkers and prisoners), so he'd not think to mention it.

Here's a possible theory:

Perhaps they travel in the opposite direction of the prison, come across Woodbury, get into a right old faff there, and then flee. Apparently at some point in season three a main character is going to die, so maybe that'll be Woodbury related, and part of necessitating that they flee from there. Woodbury would have to be far enough away that those living there wouldn't know there was a prison nearby, but IIRC from the comics the folks there were outsiders - not from that area originally - so they didn't know anyway, and were just kind of hunkered down and remaining there without really searching too far out beyond their borders. Indeed, why would you when you've got yourself a nice safe place ... or, seemingly so, as anyone who has read the Woodbury arc in the comics will know better.

United States
    Love the look and feel of the town for the use intended.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Regarding Bassman's comic book spoilers
    Just had a thought on this and the more I think about it the more sense it makes...

With the group currently split, what if they run half of the group into Woodbury, while the other half goes off to the prison? In this way Andrea and Michonne could have a run-in with the Governor, while Rick & co. make their initial inroads at the prison.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Just had a thought on this and the more I think about it the more sense it makes...

With the group currently split, what if they run half of the group into Woodbury, while the other half goes off to the prison? In this way Andrea and Michonne could have a run-in with the Governor, while Rick & co. make their initial inroads at the prison.
    That's an interesting theory and seems like a good posibility, but my problem is that...

....the entire reason that the prison eventually gets attacked by the Governor and his crew is because he wants the prison for himself. With Andrea and Michonne having no knowledge of the prison, how could that play out?

I think the tv series may be changing the story too much..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's an interesting theory and seems like a good posibility, but my problem is that...

....the entire reason that the prison eventually gets attacked by the Governor and his crew is because he wants the prison for himself. With Andrea and Michonne having no knowledge of the prison, how could that play out?

I think the tv series may be changing the story too much..
    It could be a dramatic fleeing of location A following group A (who might be responsible for cluster f#^& A) that leads you know who to find location B, and group B... and I am going to see my way out of this conversation now as I am giving myself a headache because I am just guessing

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^^ Ooops!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan