Thread: Zombicide (board game)

Super Moderator

Germany

Zombicide (board game)

This is a new game on the horizon for zombie fans. Been following it for a couple of weeks now.

This is a video on gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYkujriRzJY

The boardgamegeek entry:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113924/zombicide

Not sure how many of you are familiar with funding sites like kickstarter, but it allows for fans to help fund projects. I am providing the link so you can see how the funding can expand the scope and quality of the game. I have funded other projects, but haven't decided on this one. It seems pricey even with all of the miniatures (which are expensive to produce in small lots, I know.) Just as a disclaimer, I do not recommend anyone fund this game or any other project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rnot/zombicide

United States
    Have you tried Last Night on Earth? You really should. Still the boss IMO.

BUT as an alternative, for some zombie shoot 'em up, action oriented style play, I also like "Zombicide"

http://guillotinegames.com/en/

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113924/zombicide

Administrator

England
    Seems there an app to help play the game and keep track of the characters etc etc...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/zomb...557278582?mt=8

SHAME you can't seem to get hold of this game in the UK
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Really? Amazon UK shows it in stock:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zombicide-CO.../dp/B0092GHPSI

I'll have to look more when I have time, but since the expansion is due soon I THINK the core set is available in the UK...?

Administrator

England
    ^^ "Temporarily out of stock."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Ah. I saw the "2 available from these sellers" & thought they had it. Not so. From looking around at different UK sellers it has been released & completely sold through on the 1st printing. So unless you E-Bay it or have it shipped in, you'll be waiting for a 2nd printing which is still date TBD.

Administrator

England
    ^^ I'll have to wait then
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Honestly, if I were you I'd just go for LNOE. It's a much superior game IMO. Not that "Zombicide" doesn't have its charms, but it's really more of a action-y shoot 'em up, whereas LNOE is much more of a "zombie move simulator" in some regards. It does a better job of replicating the themes, characters, & situations of a zombie movie. If LNOE is NOTLD then Zombicide is Dawn '04...

But if you do decide to hold out for it hopefully it isn't too long a wait. With the 1st expansion out soon I imagine they'll get the 2nd printing out to go along with.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Looks veery similar to the "zombies!!!" game ive got and play every now and then with friends. Which kinda makes me wonder if thats even still going in the current sea of zombie board games we have now

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Honestly, if I were you I'd just go for LNOE. It's a much superior game IMO. Not that "Zombicide" doesn't have its charms, but it's really more of a action-y shoot 'em up, whereas LNOE is much more of a "zombie move simulator" in some regards. It does a better job of replicating the themes, characters, & situations of a zombie movie. If LNOE is NOTLD then Zombicide is Dawn '04...

But if you do decide to hold out for it hopefully it isn't too long a wait. With the 1st expansion out soon I imagine they'll get the 2nd printing out to go along with.
    The thing that appeals to me is the co-op nature of Zombicide. If I were to play with my son, at least it wouldn't be an adult vs a kid like LNOE...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Looks veery similar to the "zombies!!!" game ive got and play every now and then with friends. Which kinda makes me wonder if thats even still going in the current sea of zombie board games we have now
    Bears pretty much 0% similarity w/ "Zombies!!!" & yeah, it's still going. Zombies 12 was just announced the other day, which made me happy after creator Todd Breitenstein's passing last month.

The thing that appeals to me is the co-op nature of Zombicide. If I were to play with my son, at least it wouldn't be an adult vs a kid like LNOE...
    Ah. That is a good point. One of LNOE's only failings, the need for a zombie player. (Though there are some house rules on BGG for Solo play & for pure co-op IIRC)

But yeah, the "autopilot zombie" rules for Zombicide which make it a pure co-op, even eligible for Solo play, is a POWERFUL selling point in its favor. And honestly it is a good game & a lot of fun. I just like LNOE better, but like this one as well because it offers a "different" play experience than LNOE (which is why I'm glad I have BOTH).
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 01-Jun-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Scotland
    I don't know how you feel about Ebay but there's an auction (UK shipping only) on there for Zombicide, it's about £25 at the moment. I hadn't heard of it up until now but it looks enjoyable, a definite buy for me.

Has anyone played Arkham Horror Board Game, I loved Call of Cthulhu so I was wondering if it was any good ?

Update:

There's also a factory sealed edition of Zombicide on Ebay uk which ships internationally from the states, this is the one I'll have to opt for (7 available).
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 03-Jun-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: addition
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!