Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States
    Holy crap I am SOOOO sick of hearing about Jim O'Rear! I understand that he is a lying piece of $hit! I understand that what he does is f*cked up. But man am I sick and tired of seeing post after post EVERYWHERE about him! This attention is just that- attention. He is getting more attention because of all the posts about him. He just needs to be set on fire so we can stop talking about him. Sorry if this pisses people off, but damn! I HAD to voice my oppinion. I DO NOT support what this man has done and continues to do- but I am sick of hearing about him. He sucks! Why can't people focus on something cooler? Ok- I fully expect people to yell at me now....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Martin View Post
    He just needs to be set on fire so we can stop talking about him.
    you know what? i like the way you think. but can it be fire ants? that would be an even more prolonged agony.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If he's listed as "alumni 1985 - Jim O'Rear" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimond_High_School

Surely that confirms his DOB as 1966 and not 1970?
    Actually I stand corrected and you are right Neil. But if he was class of 1985 this would still mean that he was in High School and in Alaska when DAY was filmed in 1984.

-- -------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Holy crap I am SOOOO sick of hearing about Jim O'Rear! I understand that he is a lying piece of shit! I understand that what he does is fucked up. But man am I sick and tired of seeing post after post EVERYWHERE about him! This attention is just that- attention. He is getting more attention because of all the posts about him. He just needs to be set on fire so we can stop talking about him. Sorry if this pisses people off, but damn! I HAD to voice my oppinion. I DO NOT support what this man has done and continues to do- but I am sick of hearing about him. He sucks! Why can't people focus on something cooler? Ok- I fully expect people to yell at me now....
    . I hear you Tricia and understand - it is tiresome to be sure, but the cockaroaches flee when the light is turned on, bad men thrive when good men do nothing. There is a good reason to spread the word about Jim O'Rear in this sense, though it is admittedly getting old and annoying good folks like yourself - for that you have my apologies.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    you know what? i like the way you think. but can it be fire ants? that would be an even more prolonged agony.
    hahaa! Right you are, sir! We can use fire ants only if I can video it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Actually I stand corrected and you are right Neil. But if he was class of 1985 this would still mean that he was in High School and in Alaska when DAY was filmed in 1984.
    To play devils advocate, at 18, he could still play a bit part over a holiday or something!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Oh- no need to apologize, Yojimbo. I do get it completely. I know he wasn't really in the movie, and I know he has devalued the posters of many fans with his signature...that to me is horrible! I also agree that is important to warn people not to let him sign their stuff. I just keep seeing post after post of the same people saying the same things. don't get me wrong- I really LIKE the people who are talking about him all the time. I really do! I just wish all of this would magically come to an end so that when I go check out the groups and forums i like, i don't think "Oh- they're talking about Jim O'Rear again. This thread is a lot like the one from yesterday...." ya' know? Yes- warn people about him. But talking about it in the same places, to the same people isn't getting it out there. I'm not trying to be an asshole at all. If you guys knew me, you'd know that. I am not inherently an asshole, but I WOULD be a dumbass if I wasn't honest. This is just the way I feel.

United States
    To play devils advocate, at 18, he could still play a bit part over a holiday or something!?
    Oh yeah, I concede that it is possible - practically anything can be - but think that there are too many factors that make it improbable. He cannot produce any evidence of his participation, references people who were not there, cites participation in several other films at about the same time (none if which were filed in Alaska). claims that his agent got him the part in DAY( a part for which folks got paid 1 dollar) and claims he did stunts.

-- -------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Oh- no need to apologize, Yojimbo ...Yes- warn people about him. But talking about it in the same places, to the same people isn't getting it out there. I'm not trying to be an asshole at all. If you guys knew me, you'd know that. I am not inherently an asshole, but I WOULD be a dumbass if I wasn't honest. This is just the way I feel.
    You are good people, Tricia, and I grok where you are coming from. For myself I am going to stand down on this issue for now. In fact we had all put it aside and moved on before, but the recent petty attacks and annoying jabs he and his cronies recently threw at the groups started the whole firefight again. But for me I will cease fire now unless fired upon again.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    let me put the vast distances of North America in perspective. it is about 4,100 miles from Anchorage to Pittsburgh. that is about 400 miles more than the distance between NYC and London, which is about 3,700 miles by air. i truly doubt that anyone, even Phillyswat - (i'm joking with ya here philly, so roll with it), would go from Alaska to PA just to play a bit part in a romero movie at the age of 17 or 18. if i haven't lost it completely wasn't Day shot mostly in late 1984?
    Last edited by Mike70; 25-Nov-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: h
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dead

United States
    Tricia, people are very annoyed with this man so they need to vent. That's why there's always talk about him. Having him trying to silence people about his frauds is what makes people want to keep talking about it. People are annoyed by him, and it seems as if the thing he hates the most is when people talk about his lies.
    And it's not only that he lies, and devalues peoples property. He's also waging a censorship war with folks on the Dr. Logans chop shop group. Which means that he's personally annoying people by reporting them on facebook. And threatening people with legal action. I know that you know all of this, and I'm not trying to remind you as if you forgot. We all understand that people are sick of hearing about it. But there's a bigger picture than that.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    let me put the vast distances of North America in perspective. it is about 4,100 miles from Anchorage to Pittsburgh. that is about 400 miles LESS than the distance between NYC and London, which is about 3,700 miles by air. i truly doubt that anyone, even Phillyswat - (i'm joking with ya here philly, so roll with it), would go from Alaska to PA just to play a bit part in a romero movie at the age of 17 or 18. if i haven't lost it completely wasn't Day shot mostly in late 1984?
    Fair point! The travel costs would far out weigh any earnings, easily!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Tricia, people are very annoyed with this man so they need to vent. That's why there's always talk about him. Having him trying to silence people about his frauds is what makes people want to keep talking about it. People are annoyed by him, and it seems as if the thing he hates the most is when people talk about his lies.
    And it's not only that he lies, and devalues peoples property. He's also waging a censorship war with folks on the Dr. Logans chop shop group. Which means that he's personally annoying people by reporting them on facebook. And threatening people with legal action. I know that you know all of this, and I'm not trying to remind you as if you forgot. We all understand that people are sick of hearing about it. But there's a bigger picture than that.
    Ya' know- the fact that he HAS attacked people in the Chop Shop group REALLY pisses me off! Like I said before- I like a lot of the people he's hurt- and that group is FULL of people I really like a lot. To me, the fact he has...or has has had someone...delete posts is an admission of guilt. I've been trolled on more than one occasion, and i had no problems leaving their comments up. It made them look like complete idiots...so of course I left their comments. I left them up because what they were saying wasn't true and people who know me, knew that fact....I have nothing to hide. BUT if I was feeling guilty or embarrassed because their comments WERE true, I may have taken them down or reported those people. Yep- it's an admission of guilt when someone starts deleting posts and reporting people- or threatening them with legal action. It is a sign they have something to hide. Ok- I will be quiet about it now, because frankly, the thought of the dude leaves a bad taste in my brain. I truly wish the best to anyone he hurts or has hurt in one way or another. I do hope he gets what he deserves.

United States
    Not to ressurrect this thread, but I thought it should be shared that Jim O'Rear's minons are continuing to attack my friends on facebook. They are still taking advantage of the auto-ban features there by reporting the most innocent posts on the Dr. Logan Chop Shop page. A couple of my friends there actually got sent to the cornfield for a 24 hour ban. So this guy is still taking pot-shots at the group, trying his best to continue being a petty annoyance.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Not to ressurrect this thread, but I thought it should be shared that Jim O'Rear's minons are continuing to attack my friends on facebook. They are still taking advantage of the auto-ban features there by reporting the most innocent posts on the Dr. Logan Chop Shop page. A couple of my friends there actually got sent to the cornfield for a 24 hour ban. So this guy is still taking pot-shots at the group, trying his best to continue being a petty annoyance.
    wow - You'd think Facebook would pick up on this after a while and realise what's going on?

We also never got Savini's promised rant. Maybe he thought twice about it!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    wow - You'd think Facebook would pick up on this after a while and realise what's going on?

We also never got Savini's promised rant. Maybe he thought twice about it!
    Only the innocent seem to suffer on sites like FB and YouTube. J.O's minions flagging people and getting them into trouble is just as bad as people who file false DMCA's on YouTube. Gor (my husband) and I STILL have a video that has not been reinstated there because of a false DMCA- it's been 6 years! They just don't care if their users are getting abused by others mis-using THEIR system. The only way to get these sites to listen is if you are an advertiser waving dollar bills in front of their noses. It is a shame that the person who started the ChoShop group (I think we all know who he is, but I won't mention names) can't file a complaint with FB about members of his group getting wrongfully harassed. I doubt they'd listen if he did, though. It's sad.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    1 thing that surprises me is that people have to pay for signatures!? WTF??? $20 for an autograph? That's crazy...
    Yah, well count me among those who paid ( at Monstermania, about six years ago in New Jersey ) $20 to get Romero's autograph ( the first and last time I'll do that. ) and we had an interesting conversation for all of five minutes, where for part of it I let him know of the good work Neil and Co. have done all these years on HPOTD. Still, while I'm not a huge autograph hound - I don't consider it money or time wasted.

Now Ray Harryhausen ( FX legend, for those who didn't know ) - the autograph was free but I had to pay for his book. ; )
    Again, money well spent.

Wayne Z