Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Some one hipped me to that post - quite funny that he thinks that this is some sort of big gotcha find. Here the thing- he isn't even telling his devoted followers the whole story about what the dispute is actually about making it seem as if Lee is a rude cyberbully who's only issue is that O'Rear claims that we was in Day of the Dead as a background zombie- one of hundreds. He conveniently does not share that the issue is that he not only claims that he was an extra zombie who performed stunts in the film but that he has signed the merchandise of gullible fans at the cons - most of whom are incensed that he did so and feel that their merchandise has been devalued or ruined under false pretenses. O'Rear claims to his followers that he no longer even mentions his association with such an old, unimportant film because he had such a small role in it- instead blaming promoters at cons for publicizing this credit. He has also posted a photo of what appears to be the credits from the film that lists him along with Taso as having done stunts - I wonder how Taso would react to this since it is common knowledge that Taso was the stunt coordinator and has no recollection of O'Rear being on set or performing stunts in any way. Finally he is dismissive of Savini's admission that O Rear begged Tom to lie for him on this issue, saying that Tom is under duress to say this by Lee and merely is telling Lee that he lied for O'Rear just to get Lee off of his back - a claim that is laughable given the big stink that happened once Lee made his communiques with Savini public. He does not even address that Tom and Lee have made their peace on this issue, making it seem that Lee is bullying Savini.

His "army" has vowed to launch attacks on anyone who clashes with O'Rear who has been pitching them to purchase t shirts from him emblazoned with "Jim's Army". So I think it is only a matter of time that we will hear from them on these pages
    You are very correct, Steve. The idea that I could bully Tom Savini into saying something is ridiculous. No one can bully Tom Savini! It's just a stupid notion and I certainly would never even think of attempting something so absurd. I'm sure Tom wants nothing more than to wash his hands of this fiasco. And that's because he got dragged into it by O'Rear, not knowing all the facts of the situation.
    But I am really happy that you and Brett are continuing to give O'Rear hell for this. I want him to regret the moment he decided to add DAY to his "resume". I also want him to regret hanging himself, something he didn't even realize he was doing at the time, when he told me on Facebook that 2 other extras, whose names he gave me, were on set with him. That I know is a 100% lie because it was impossible for those 2 men to have been on set with him. And don't even get me started about how he claims Gary Klar and Joe Pilato could vouch for him being on set in Florida. Again, another idiotic lie.

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    And don't even get me started about how he claims Gary Klar and Joe Pilato could vouch for him being on set in Florida. Again, another idiotic lie.
    Pilato and Klar didn't even film in Florida, isn't that correct? This whole situation... curioser and curioser. Amazing that the guy has come even as far as he has, with all the deception and bullying he lashes out.

United States
    I'm still pissed that my name was added to that Wiki page w/o my knowledge. I'm all up for O'Rear bashing...as long as I know i'm involved in it.

but wait, since you can't prove he wasn't there, and he can't prove he was there, don't they cancel out and we can just let him go and continue on...I mean whats the harm right?!?!?!?

j/k. Just give the guy enough rope to hang himself

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Wow...
    you stole the word right from me. this is a ridiculous saga about a very, very small man who seems to have the need to fill his empty life up with self-congratulatory bullshit. his wikipedia page is a frickin' hoot filled up with self-importance, arrogance, pettiness, and verges on a case of desperate-look-at-me-please syndrome. if he didn't write it himself, someone needs to crown me as czar.

it is also very interesting how all the references to his having lived in alaska in the 80s have been removed. i guess living roughly 4,500 miles from the shooting locations of film that was done when he was 17/18 and in high school is something that cannot be explained, so they have simply been removed. he is a classless piece of garbage.
    Last edited by Mike70; 09-Apr-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: a
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    seem majority of fans are now aware of the scumbag and are now avoiding him hes finding anything to try and save himself these ridculous t-shirts hes had made a real mature thing to do hope people aint that stupid to buy one

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    His "army" has vowed to launch attacks on anyone who clashes with O'Rear who has been pitching them to purchase t shirts from him emblazoned with "Jim's Army". So I think it is only a matter of time that we will hear from them on these pages
    Well, we're more than happy on HPotD to allow people to discuss this matter. But I would remind folks to try and not get too aggressive and/or personal in their comments. Let's try and keep the moral high-ground here folks
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, we're more than happy on HPotD to allow people to discuss this matter. But I would remind folks to try and not get too aggressive and/or personal in their comments. Let's try and keep the moral high-ground here folks
    It might also be beneficial to just... I don't know... stop talking about him? I admit, it was interesting to read up on the whole issue, and yes, it's good to get the word out to "newbies" so that their memorabilia doesn't get ruined, but I have to ask - what good is it doing to constantly talk about him in the same circles? The people who know about the situation, know about it already, so the constant FB group topics and such, it's just giving him more fuel to his fire. Remove his oxygen, so to speak. Let it die.

Again, just something to consider.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    irisheyes i do agree with you seems what ever we say or do its fueling the fire like with this t-shirt thing all we seem to do is get reported on fb best just let things run its course everyones caught word on him so i hope the B.S will get what he deserves

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
    It might also be beneficial to just... I don't know... stop talking about him?
    This is known as the Tinkerbell Scenario: If we stop believing in him and stop talking about him, he'll cease to exist.... Marvelous!

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    This is known as the Tinkerbell Scenario: If we stop believing in him and stop talking about him, he'll cease to exist.... Marvelous!
    As much as I wish, I don't think that will be completely sucessful.

The East Coast Horror Group had a nice segment devoted to him on the latest From Dusk Till Con podcast. http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/category/podcasts/

Norway
    If he can afford going to cons and making movies he can afford to pay for the memorabilia he ruined with his signature. I think you should collect all the fans he has ripped off and then sue him.

Administrator

England
    It would be hysterical to see a small claim court action against him of some sort against him...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    yep. nothing simply goes away because you stop talking about it. Truth simply is what it is. if it is uncomfortable or problematic, that's just the way things are.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It would be hysterical to see a small claim court action against him of some sort against him...
    I have heard that there are a few folks that are planning to do just this. I would imagine that a lot of these pages and posts elsewhere on the web could be used fairly effectively as evidence in this regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    yep. nothing simply goes away because you stop talking about it. Truth simply is what it is. if it is uncomfortable or problematic, that's just the way things are.
    Yes - we can stop talking about that group of idiots from the Westboro church, but they will still continue their douchebaggery.

In the case of O'Rear I am sure that he would love it if folks would stop drawing attention to the fact that he is a liar and a fraud. He can posture all he wants about how that this is good publicity for him - but his actions (such as threatening folks with legal action if they allow posts outing him to remain on their pages, and exploiting the auto-ban features of FB to silence anyone who dares to point out that he is a fraud) to me indicate otherwise.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Scoot to the end of this interview with Lee Karr and any newcomer to this thread can have the truth explained in full.

Link: http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/echg...eets-lee-karr/ [28 mins in...]

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/