Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Here's the bottom line:

Even if Jim O'Rear had played BUB, I still wouldn't make an attempt for his autograph based on this stunningly unprofessional and childish behaviour towards dedicated fans.
    I signed up to join in the discussion on the forum linked in the first post here and it has since been locked it appears. Oh well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I signed up to join in the discussion on the forum linked in the first post here and it has since been locked it appears. Oh well.
    Basically O' Rear has been contacting various websites with laughable lawsuit threats (including HPotD) and unfortunately FDTC closed the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I take offense sir. *Looks around Homepage of the dead "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"
    Haha, it wasn't a dig, but Dr. Logan's (and the accompanying Dawn page) are so busy that I have to turn their updates off sometimes because it swamps my news feed. Gotta say though, it's nice to see the likes of Leo, Dubious Comforts, Axl, Kaos, Yojimbo, Monroezombie, Debs, all up to our necks in splattered brains and flaky celebs. It's very much like ye olde HPotD in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Going to be interesting!
    That ain't nothing, Neil. Wait until you see this! <PM sent>

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Basically O' Rear has been contacting various websites with laughable lawsuit threats (including HPotD) and unfortunately FDTC closed the topic.
    I am not a lawyer, but I have some knowledge about how these types of lawsuits work. If this guy thinks a lawsuit is a simple way to get people to quit talking about his questionable claims, he has another thing coming. A lawsuit would open up his ENTIRE past to scrutiny and drag Savini and possibly Romero in the mess to testify as witnesses. Everything he has presented so far seems to be "trust me", where as Lee has documentation.

Administrator

England
    Had Mr O'Rear approached this site in what I would call a 'gentlemanly fashion,' I would have considered his requests far more seriously. But to throw threats of legal action in your first communication to someone I must admit annoyed me, hence the thread still being here. Furthermore, I just don't see an issue with the thread as regards Mr O'Rear, as it's simply debating what evidence there is/isn't for his claims.

That all said, given the points/nature of discussion in the thread surrounding Mr O'Rear and Savini, I would ask that a level of modicum is maintained such that it doesn't just descend into character assassinations, and posts remain fair and level headed please.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    <----- Team Karr

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Had Mr O'Rear approached this site in what I would call a 'gentlemanly fashion,' I would have considered his requests far more seriously.
    Well, you only have to go to FDTC to see all the multiple accounts he created, pretending to be fans until the staff got savvy and banned them. What does that tell you about a person when they have to create accounts to defend themselves? Guilty, that's what.

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    <----- Team Karr
    Me and Axl bat for the same team! Wait, that didn't come out right...

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Undisclosed
    What was the outcome of the Savini interview yesterday?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    What was the outcome of the Savini interview yesterday?
    Nothing posted there yet. Maybe they're still talking to lawyers to see if they air it or not
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    The interview has yet to be conducted. He is working on Tarantino's Django Unchained and pulled out of yesterdays 'appointment'.

Administrator

England
    Well, you only have to go to FDTC to see all the multiple accounts he created, pretending to be fans until the staff got savvy and banned them. What does that tell you about a person when they have to create accounts to defend themselves? Guilty, that's what.
    Honestly after this topic was reinstated, i was expecting at least 1 to appear here

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Honestly after this topic was reinstated, i was expecting at least 1 to appear here
    Here Jimmyjimmyjimmy... HEEEERE JIMMYJIMMYJIMMY! Psspsspsspsspsspss!

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Here Jimmyjimmyjimmy... HEEEERE JIMMYJIMMYJIMMY! Psspsspsspsspsspss!
    Believe me, he won't be coming out to play. If he has any sense, he'll be trying to distance himself from this shit as much as possible. We've heard it from Lori, Taso and (sneakily, courtesy of Lee Karr) Tom. Any attempt at a half-arsed defense would only expose the inconsistencies further.

United States
    Hello, I am new here.. Thank you, for letting me register. I have heard great things about this site. My name is Ryan. ... This looks like a great site to have good conversations ...

-- -------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I would like to tell you my Jim O'Rear story. In early 2010 I had seen that O'Rear was going to be attending the Horror Hound convention in Indianopolis. Well me being a fantatic completeist fan I wanted get his autograph on our poster as on Jim's website it says he was a zombie in the film, and also he claims he did stunts. Well, I dug into this further and sure enough Jim O'Rear is credited on major websites like the IMDB and Wikipedia and so on for being in the Orginal 1985 Day of The Dead .... I went to the that convention and noticed right off the bat (this should have been a red flag to me) that O'Rear was not sitting no where near the other Day of the Dead guests. O'Rear had a table as a vendor. I walked up to him and asked if he was in the film. Right away he told me he was background zombie and that he did stunts. (which should have been another red flag to me, beacause only Taso Stravakis did stunts in the film) Well, my stupid ass had him sign our poster that has 21 signatures on it (soon to be 30 by the end of this year) ... And when he signed it he wrote a caption underneath his name as "zombie and stunts" ( I will post a pic of this soon ) ... Well I thought nothing of it and continued over the next 2 years to obatin more autographs on the poster... Well back in May, my wife had joined a DOTD Facebook group. We were told by several very reputable people in so many words that Jim O'Rear was not in the film at all ... So much so, that he been challenged numerous times to provide a photo, screenshot, contract, DOTD newspaper (which zombies extras recieved), etc ... Jim won't provide anything, and defends himself with comments like "You will just have to take my word, I was in the movie." "and I sign DOTD stuff for FREE, so if you sont like it, dont get it signed." How about all the stuff you already did sign?! Why is it so difficult for Jim to provide ANY evidence he was in this MAJOR STAPLE horror film. Jim got Tom Savini into this, by getting Tom to post on Facebook that Jim was a zombie in the movie. Then a few days later, an email leaked out that was said to be from Tom himself, that he does NOT remember him in the movie, and he was just doing his friend a favor. Then Tom flys off the handle in so many words, and threatens and name calls certain people on Facebook. I have lost all respect for Tom Savini. I will always say the guy's FX work was legendary, but in my opinion he could give 2 shits less about the true fans, or anything that does not pertain to him and his "freinds" and "code and honor" ... and his 5 - 10 minute roles in movies. Jim and Tom in my opinion are great for each other, 2 peas in a pod. I heard (don't know, or don't care if this is true) that there is going to be another movie coming out with O'Rear and Tom as the director -- can't wait for that great quality straight to DVD movie. You Tube or Google search about Tom Savini, and see what fans are saying about him at conventions... It seems every other week I hear a story about a fan that walks away from Tom's table that is pissed off ... Back to O'Rear -- I noticed lately that O'Rear is pretty much only doing conventions in the southern states... Just wanted to tell everyone who collects autographs this unusual story ... and how this has been the biggest mistake I have done pertaining to collecting autographs... I have collected autographs for over 20 years, and this has been an awful experience, as this poster is my prized crown in our collection, that is now potentially ruined by O'Rear, who won't provide concrete proof he was in the film. But as time goes on, I am strongly considering keeping the autograph on the poster, as the story has taken a life of its own, and has become INFAMOUS. Now stars from the movie are involved. Who knows, maybe the truth will be exposed in this debacle .... I could spend a $100 and get the signature removed... but you know, I don't plan on selling the poster ... why not keep it ? make a parody out of it ? Put some cartoonish decals next to it ? What's your guys thoughts on all of this strangeness ????? I will be posting pics very soon ...
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 01-Jul-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: spelling errors .

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Hello, Ryan. I'm Brett and a friend of Lisa's on Facebook. She is a doll, which is why it is so frustrating to see her banned from posting there for three days due to the disgusting bully tactics of the man in question. I've been speaking a fair bit with Zero Day Releasing (Dubious Comforts here) and I believe an accumulation of evidence that has taken a year or so to compile is due to drop shortly. Have you spoken to him? I am sure he would love to have a scan of your signature.

United States
    Hello, Ryan. I'm Brett and a friend of Lisa's on Facebook. She is a doll, which is why it is so frustrating to see her banned from posting there for three days due to the disgusting bully tactics of the man in question. I've been speaking a fair bit with Zero Day Releasing (Dubious Comforts here) and I believe an accumulation of evidence that has taken a year or so to compile is due to drop shortly. Have you spoken to him? I am sure he would love to have a scan of your signature.
    Brett Thank you for the kind words.... Lisa says you are a great guy... and you know your stuff inside out ... Jim (Zero) is a great guy too, his 8x10 photos are unbelievable I will be posting a few pics in the next couple of minutes ... thanks Ryan