Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States

DOTD Pic

Here is a pic of the signature that I obtained from Jim O'Rear, at the 2010 Horror Hound Convention. I think my favorite part of this whole crazy story is what some people consider "stunts" in a movie ... Funny Shit !
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 04-Jul-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors

United States
    Hey DOTD85FAN, thanks for sharing your story.

I too am incensed that O'Rear got Lisa banned at FB, one again victimizing her after duping her into allowing him to sign her poster.

I welcome any legal action Jim O'Rear would like to take against me since ultimately he will be proven a liar and a fraud should he file a suit. In this regard, I doubt that he will ever make good on these threats and will instead to continue to pull petty, chicken-shit annoyances on good folks like Lisa in his attempts to obfuscate the truth that he is a liar. Jim O'Rear should remember that unlike him, folks like Lisa and DOTD85FAN are within their rights to file a legal suit against him for ruining their merchandise so if I were him I think that I would not be so quick to pull the tiger's tail so to speak.

Jim, if you choose to sue me please spell my name right: STEVEN K. SUEHIRO

I publically call you out as a fraud!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Jim, if you choose to sue me please spell my name right: STEVEN K. SUEHIRO

"The 'K' stands for kick your lying ass in court!"
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 01-Jul-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: .

United States

O'Rear Zombie/Rhodes Parody Decal

Here is another pic. This one is a parody of Rhodes shooting a machine gun. (From the scene where Rhodes kills Logan, and says, "I killed Logan, because he was a butcher!") I am tentatively planning placing this on my poster on a "blood pack" (3x5 baseball card holder with fake blood in it, and with bullet hole decals) right over to the O'Rear signautre, giving it a see through translucent effect. Since I don't plan on selling the poster, and since it looks like O'Rear was not in the film, why not have some fun with it? As a collector for over 20 years, I have seen many strange "errors" "mistakes" and controversial issues worth something to a certain type of fan ... A little more on the esoteric and unusual, but I am not the the "normal" collector .... Also I plan on placing a 4x6 small photo of Rhodes death scene on the far left corner signed by all the Granati Brothers .... I want to give the poster an embossed/3-D effect ... I may make the Day of the Dead title on thick tape pad red letters and place those directly over the current title ... As Rhodes would say, "I'm running this monkey farm now, and I want to know what the fuck your doing with my time!" LOL ! -- It's all in good fun!! Please Jim don't take offense! Since you are potentially ruining people's shit (without backing up your claims you were in DOTD85) , I thought I would have some fun in return ! LOL ! -- ALL GOOD FUN -- NO HARM INTENDED ! After All Jim, you did a movie about censorship, right ??? We should all have the right to express ourselves when an issue of potential damages comes up, that the bearer of evidence is not provided in defense !
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 04-Jul-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Forgot Attachment...

United States
    Thanks for the assist Yojimbo! I wish the world had more people like you and Zero, and THX LEO, and Brett -- maybe it would be a better place! As Logan would say, "Were in the minority right now, they have out run us!" -- this statement is also true pertaining to assholes in the world ! LOL ! -- thanks again brother ....

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    I welcome any legal action Jim O'Rear would like to take against me since ultimately he will be proven a liar and a fraud should he file a suit. In this regard, I doubt that he will ever make good on these threats and will instead to continue to pull petty, chicken-shit annoyances on good folks like Lisa in his attempts to obfuscate the truth that he is a liar.
    Only a very small percentage of celebrities (even your megabucks earners) can actually afford to take a case to court and see it through to the end. As a Z lister peddling DVD's of films he appeared in (or not in this case) at conventions, I seriously doubt he'll be calling his lawyers or even afford a lawyer in the first place. Plus, it would open up the entire farce to the scrutiny of professionals who WILL ask him to provide evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by DOTD85FAN View Post
    Thanks for the assist Yojimbo! I wish the world had more people like you and Zero, and THX LEO, and Brett -- maybe it would be a better place!
    Not a problem, Ryan, but I got to give all your thanks to Lee Karr (thxleo) because he deserves it all. The man put his relationship with Tom Savini on the block to get word out to the fans. It was selfless thing to do and I admire it.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    Yeah, Lee is a great guy! The guy is without a doubt the "authoritative figure" on Day of the Dead 85' . If anyone would know anything really obscure or unusual about this movie, Lee would for sure ! -- Super guy ! .... At this rate I want Lee's autograph on my Day of The Dead poster, with a caption that says, "Day of the Dead Historian" !

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    The guy is without a doubt the "authoritative figure" on Day of the Dead 85' . If anyone would know anything really obscure or unusual about this movie, Lee would for sure !
    Precisely the reason why I stand behind him. Unfortunately for Mr. O'Rear, he never bargained on a walking Day of the Dead encyclopedia like Lee to pop out of the woodwork and suss out the deception. Lee has blown my mind with his knowledge. I was talking with him recently about the identity of an obscure zombie in the film and like that <snaps fingers> he knew the guy's name. His knowledge of all the other entries are equally as accurate.

And he was actually in a Dead film too.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States

Another Jim O'Rear Parody

Someone a few months back posted this on Facebook, of course Facebook took it down right away, but nonetheless I thought it was funnier than hell ...
    Attached Images

United States
    capncnut and Yojimbo - I have an interesting comment/question for you. What would you think of the idea of getting a custom made 8x10 that had a picture of the "attacking zombie" on it, with a caption that said, "I thought I was a Zombie in DOTD85!" - You think he would sign it for "FREE" at the next convention? or hell, I would pay for that one! LMAO!

United States
    Yes, I agree with Brett, if anyone should be thanked it should be thxleo aka: Lee Karr. In this entire skirmish, he is the only one to lose skin over this issue and therefore is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Here is a little something I posted on FB for which I totally expect a ban for speaking the truth, which I consider a worthy sacrifice since the truth will hurt JIM O'REAR a lot more than a few days of a ban will hurt me. Bring it on you liar! The truth will prevail and you no longer will be able to hide and continue your fraud without someone like me calling you out:

There has been ongoing attempts by a certain person who has falsely represented himself as having appeared in Day of the Dead as a stuntman and a zombie to silence anyone who disputes his claims. A good friend of mine here has recently been... banned for several days for mentioning this person by name after he ruined one of her collectible posters with his signature. This is in keeping with his tactic to utilize the auto banning features here at FB by filing complaints about anyone who questions him since FB will auto-ban anyone upon receipt of a complaint - apparently without any review or recourse. He also threatens moderators of pages with legal action whenever anyone posts the truth about his activities. Any one who is aware of this controversy will know who I am referring to, but for those fans who are unaware, please visit the thread at Homepage of the Dead for further information.

And if he chooses to sue me, I hope he gets my name right! Steven K. Suehiro, of Los Angeles, CA. I will not be silenced by threats of legal action.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/f...ead-DiscussionSee More

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/f...ss%E2%80%8Bion
    forum.homepageofthedead.com

Last edited by Yojimbo; 02-Jul-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: i got one
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States

Interview

Interesting! Read This! The Day of the Dead part. I could be wrong, but I believe a stuntman would actually be credited somewhere in the film??? Only Taso in DOTD85' is credited with stunts ......

http://www.obscurehorror.com/jimorearinterview.html

"Zombie Stunts" -- I would love to hear personally with my own ears what Taso's reaction to this is ......
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 04-Jul-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: I got one

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Precisely the reason why I stand behind him. Unfortunately for Mr. O'Rear, he never bargained on a walking Day of the Dead encyclopedia like Lee to pop out of the woodwork and suss out the deception. Lee has blown my mind with his knowledge. I was talking with him recently about the identity of an obscure zombie in the film and like that <snaps fingers> he knew the guy's name. His knowledge of all the other entries are equally as accurate.

And he was actually in a Dead film too.
    Thanks for your support, Brett.

-- -------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Yeah, Lee is a great guy! The guy is without a doubt the "authoritative figure" on Day of the Dead 85' . If anyone would know anything really obscure or unusual about this movie, Lee would for sure ! -- Super guy ! .... At this rate I want Lee's autograph on my Day of The Dead poster, with a caption that says, "Day of the Dead Historian" !
    Trust me, you don't want my autograph. LOL Thanks for the kind words, Ryan!

-- -------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Yes, I agree with Brett, if anyone should be thanked it should be thxleo aka: Lee Karr. In this entire skirmish, he is the only one to lose skin over this issue and therefore is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Thanks, Steve.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    And if he chooses to sue me, I hope he gets my name right! Steven K. Suehiro, of Los Angeles, CA. I will not be silenced by threats of legal action.
    Steve the sue hiro (hero, geddit?). Ah, my jokes are alway shit. But I personally think there's more chance of someone suing O'Rear first...

Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Thanks for your support, Brett.
    No thanks required. I've had your back on this matter since day one. You have done a lot for me in recent years and that will not be forgotten. Steve, myself, and more importantly, Zero-Day will not be jumping ship on this. You're stuck with us, brother.

Dead

United States
    This whole thing is entertaining as hell!!! I've been reading the thread at FDTC and this one for a couple hours now. I REALLY want to see what Savini said in his meltdown over the subject, but none of it remains on facebook. How can I obtain this information? Anyone have copies of it they can send me?