Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States
    Isn't the first time an imposter has claimed to be in a George Romero movie, won't be the last. Recall a few years back the controversy was the guy who told everyone he was the Hari Krisha zombie from Dawn of the Dead (1978).

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I REALLY want to see what Savini said in his meltdown over the subject, but none of it remains on facebook. How can I obtain this information? Anyone have copies of it they can send me?
    I used to have a copy but have since deleted it from my laptop, both screen grab and text document. I deleted it because it is an ugly reminder of how legends are not legendary and are prone to f*cking up worse than the average drunken bum. It was littered with expletives, spelling mistakes, and some highly flaky threats. If you check out the East Coast Horror Group's interview with Lori Cardille, she explains the whole thing in some detail.

Quote Originally Posted by DOTD85FAN View Post
    Someone a few months back posted this on Facebook, of course Facebook took it down right away, but nonetheless I thought it was funnier than hell ...
    I'll raise you this random beauty from the internet.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by capncnut; 02-Jul-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Felt like it. :P

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    after reading this entire thread through I feel as if I have just followed the entire plot line of a soap opera akin to the "Luke and Laura" saga on "general hospital" in the early 80's.

maybe this guy just has a complex because he's had to go through life with the name O'Rear, that cannot have been easy. from reading through this thread, i wonder if that is a name or a job description...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    after reading this entire thread through I feel as if I have just followed the entire plot line of a soap opera akin to the "Luke and Laura" saga on "general hospital" in the early 80's.
    Ditto, honestly if you know hes bogus just tell folks so and ignore him. Life aint worth spending getting your jimmies rustled over some goon so badly.

Then again im not part of this whole 'con mentality' so im probably seeing things from a very different point of view.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Then again im not part of this whole 'con mentality' so im probably seeing things from a very different point of view.

me neither. never have been, never will be. to me these folks are little more than dancing monkeys. they go in the DVD player when i'm bored and they get ejected when i'm not. hell, most times i'm actually reading something when a movie is on in the background. hmm, probably why i have to watch a movie like 7 times before i've seen it all the way through.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    This whole thing is entertaining as hell!!! I've been reading the thread at FDTC and this one for a couple hours now. I REALLY want to see what Savini said in his meltdown over the subject, but none of it remains on facebook. How can I obtain this information? Anyone have copies of it they can send me?
    Well, I'm still waiting for my copies of this from certain people *COUGH* *COUGH* Before I come off the fence!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

DOTD85 Poster Original Rolled --Finest in existence?

Guys,

I just bought this 1985 theater 1 sheet of Day of The Dead. I have never seen this poster in this mint of condition. This thing looks like you stepped into a time machine and went back to 1985 and saw a Day of the Dead poster at the theater. It has some VERY super slight yellow age on it, other than that -- no pin holes, no tape, no pen marks, no tears, no creases, and it is ROLLED! This one probably "walked out" of the factory by an employee .. I spent a small fortune on it, but what the hell, it's Day of the Dead ! --right? I got this from Cinema Masterpieces with a certificate of authenticity. Cinema Masterpieces is kind of jacked on their prices, but I have not seen anyone come close to the rarity and professionalism this place offers... Tell me what you think! Here is a pic! By the way I refuse to get any autographs on this one at all. I even made a joke to my wife that I dont even want people to breathe around it! LOL!
    Attached Images

United States

When I grow up I want to do Zombie Stunts!

Zombie Stunts in Day of the Dead at age 14???
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 04-Jul-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Forgot attachment

United States

Age of O'Rear when Day of the Dead 85' was filmed?

This is without a doubt one of my favorite pieces of this debacle. According to some websites that list Jim O'Rear's bio, say O'Rear was born in September of 1970. Day of the Dead was being filmed in later parts of 1984, with that said O'Rear would have been 14 years old when he supposedley was in the movie?? O'Rear of course has said that his bio is wrong on the websites that list him born in 1970, and says that people can alter sites like Wikipedia and IMDB and change things around, like someone did less than 24 hours ago, after this post was made! Go figure! 36 hours ago on Wikipedia, O'Rear had a birthdate in 1970, now it mysteriously and magically lists his birth year at 1966. Wow, I wonder who could have changed that, and why ? ... Funny shit! A stuntman who is 14 years old??
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 04-Jul-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: tit for tat

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I used to have a copy but have since deleted it from my laptop, both screen grab and text document. I deleted it because it is an ugly reminder of how legends are not legendary and are prone to f*cking up worse than the average drunken bum. It was littered with expletives, spelling mistakes, and some highly flaky threats. If you check out the East Coast Horror Group's interview with Lori Cardille, she explains the whole thing in some detail.

I'll raise you this random beauty from the internet.
    Well that sux!! I listened to the Lori Cardille interview, so i understand the premise of what was said. I just want to read EXACTLY what he said and judge for myself. As it stands, I don't have an appreciation for just how far he took it. It just sounds like he insulted some folks, cussed alot and made some threats. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Everyone goes off once in awhile. But the way others are talking about it, it seems like it was ALOT worse than that. But without knowing what he said it's hard to really fault the guy for just cussing and making threats. Like Neil said, it's hard to come off the fence without knowing what was actually said..

ViP

United States
    Well that sux!! I listened to the Lori Cardille interview, so i understand the premise of what was said. I just want to read EXACTLY what he said and judge for myself. As it stands, I don't have an appreciation for just how far he took it. It just sounds like he insulted some folks, cussed alot and made some threats. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Everyone goes off once in awhile. But the way others are talking about it, it seems like it was ALOT worse than that. But without knowing what he said it's hard to really fault the guy for just cussing and making threats. Like Neil said, it's hard to come off the fence without knowing what was actually said..
    Think Mel Gibson, unbridled, with a pinch of Alec Baldwin, and you'd be close.

Administrator

England
    This is without a doubt one of my favorite pieces of this debacle. According to some websites that list Jim O'Rear's bio, say O'Rear was born in September of 1970. Day of the Dead was being filmed in later parts of 1984, with that said O'Rear would have been 14 years old when he supposedley was in the movie?? O'Rear of course has said that his bio is wrong on the websites that list him born in 1970, and says that people can alter sites like Wikipedia and IMDB and change things around, like someone did less than 24 hours ago, after this post was made! Go figure! 36 hours ago on Wikipedia, O'Rear had a birthdate in 1970, now it mysteriously and magically lists his birth year at 1966. Wow, I wonder who could have changed that, and why ? ... Funny shit! A stuntman who is 14 years old??
    Yep, the Wiki entry changed yesterday! Look at the entry change 13:33->13:35, 3 July 2012 by 137.200.1.106 and his DOB changes:-

'''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1970 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].
    +
    '''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1966 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].

That IP address resolves to Baltimore, Maryland... Anyone we know live there?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    1 thing that surprises me is that people have to pay for signatures!? WTF??? $20 for an autograph? That's crazy...

United States
    [QUOTE=Neil;286266]Yep, the Wiki entry changed yesterday! Look at the entry change 13:33->13:35, 3 July 2012 by 137.200.1.106 and his DOB changes:-

'''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1970 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].
    +
    '''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1966 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].

Neil,

I found this online .... here is yet another site, listing O'Rear with a 1970 birthdate ... about 1/2 down under noteworthy people named O'Rear .... I can just imagine what Jim would probably say, this site is wrong too! LOL ! I look much younger than I am !! I wouldn't be surprised if this site "magically" changed his birthyear also .... http://www.houseofnames.com/o-rear-family-crest
    Last edited by DOTD85FAN; 04-Jul-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: I got one

Undisclosed
    Neil,

I found this online .... here is yet another site, listing O'Rear with a 1970 birthdate ... about 1/2 down under noteworthy people named O'Rear .... I can just imagine what Jim would probably say, this site is wrong too! LOL ! I look much younger than I am !! I wouldn't be surprised if this site "magically" changed his birthyear also .... http://www.houseofnames.com/o-rear-family-crest
    Lmao. This is getting funnier every day.
    Though it's all kinds of sad such a nitwit has been ruining fan's memorabilia I can't help but feel the less attention this man gets the better. Spread the word amongst the loyal fanbase (that worked out alright!) and just ignore him I'd say.