Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States
    I just looked further at O'Rears profile on the IMDB -- the IMDB says O'Rear has "uncredited stunts" in Cocoon, Summer Rental, and Invasion USA -- all of these were made in 1985! So with a birthyear of "possibly" 1970 (according to several websites) he would he have been 14 - 15 years old for all these movies too as an "uncredited stuntman" LOL Hmm... shady details -- just like Day of the Dead 85' ... One thing that is interesting about this -- Tom Savini did the FX for Invasion USA in 1985 -- I wonder why Tom did not mention for his friend Jim O'Rear,that Jim was on the set for Invasion USA ??? This would not have been to far apart from Day of the Dead as far as time ... Strange goes to weird in this story ! And of course we hear no further explanations from the source itself ... We are just peon fans who can have their shit runied by sharpie markers, from potentially signatures that don't mean anything ....

United States
    Let's all be nice to each other
    Last edited by zombiebub; 02-Mar-2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: posted in error

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Ah, Larry. Nice to see you here, brother.

It is unfortunate but if the man had any sense, he'd take it in the ass and pray for it to die down. But no, he remains defiant, which in turn makes people like Steve defiant. @ Zero-Day: I'm in contact with Neil at present, along with three moderators of HPotD, would you like me to inquire?
    This comment just got me two automated infractions at Facebook. Funny, I never knew swearing was a crime. My comment about Neil was my reply to Jim Cirronella (Dubious Comforts) in regards to him asking about HPotD's questionable lawsuit threat by O'Rear.

Now, I am not worried because whenever O'Rear has tried to silence me at Facebook, I am always savvy enough to contact an admin there personally, which I have done so already and no, I'm not in any direct violation yet again. But reporting such a lightweight comment has indicated that O'Rear is now starting a personal war with me, which is the last f*cking thing he needs in his life. I'll admit I've cheered from the sidelines and let the heavyweights get their hands dirty with outing him. Now they have one more to their ranks...

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    I love this page for the realness.
    Last edited by zombiebub; 02-Mar-2015 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Administrator

England
    Have we got a copy of the post by Lee that actually initiated all this? ie: State supposedly what Tom had told him in confidence?

ps: I've gone through those two posts and tidied them up (& bolded where applicable)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Have we got a copy of the post by Lee that actually initiated all this? ie: State supposedly what Tom had told him in confidence?

ps: I've gone through those two posts and tidied them up (& bolded where applicable)
    Here is the link to the screenshot Lee had posted: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...48056489_n.jpg

And the page on which it appeared: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/phpbb...3301&start=120

It was later revealed that O'Rear had multiple screenames on the site and was called out by a mod for posting under these screenames thereby giving the impression that there were more people arguing for his side than there actually were. Of course O'Rear and his multiple personalities dismissed Lee's pic.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-Jul-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    And as plenty as good ol' Lar posted, it is still incomplete because one or two of my harsh replies are not there for starters, among others. But do you notice one person who isn't in there defending himself? That's right. Jim O'Scaredy Cat. Doesn't do it by name or face because he has so much to lose. Invents screen names at forums and does it anonymously while pretending to be someone else, or reports your Facebook like a little sissy. Kind of like reporting to the headmaster, "Wah, he's picking on me!"

But yeah, you can see how bad it got. And it will get a whole lot worse for O'Rear when Zero-Day's evidence drops soon. It is a shame O'Rear decided to get Savini involved because the man doesn't exactly have the best reputation outside of his career and I feel by cry-babying to him, he may have done some lasting damage.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    just for the record I am not Jim O'Rear, nor have I ever been Jim O'Rear...

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    ^ Matt O'Beer.

Undisclosed
    Here is a link to a bio page from the high school in Achorage, Alaska that he said he graduated from:

Dimond High School

DHS Class Directory 1985

This might put to rest his date of birth claims, but not the other issue.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    ^ Matt O'Beer.
    Well I was three when DayOTD was filmed, I may have been in it, I should check the footage.

United States

O'Rear's Age in Day of The Dead part 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Here is a link to a bio page from the high school in Achorage, Alaska that he said he graduated from:

Dimond High School

DHS Class Directory 1985

This might put to rest his date of birth claims, but not the other issue.

Great Find! If Jim graduated in ALASKA in 1985, he would have been either 17 or 18??? ... Day of the Dead was shot in later parts of 1984 in Florida and Pittsburgh .... Jim has claimed to be a zombie in Florida .... Jim, you were a "zombie" and did "stunts" in 1984 for Day of the Dead in "Florida", and then graduated high school in "Alaska" in 1985????? Wow, that truly is "magic" LOL I wonder if David Copperfield could pull that off ... LOL

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DOTD85FAN View Post
    Great Find! If Jim graduated in ALASKA in 1985, he would have been either 17 or 18??? ... Day of the Dead was shot in later parts of 1984 in Florida and Pittsburgh .... Jim has claimed to be a zombie in Florida .... Jim, you were a "zombie" and did "stunts" in 1984 for Day of the Dead in "Florida", and then graduated high school in "Alaska" in 1985????? Wow, that truly is "magic" LOL I wonder if David Copperfield could pull that off ... LOL
    Here is an excerpt from an interview he did in September of 2011. It is being posted under Fair Use for commentary, research, criticism, etc.

Interview With Actor Jim O’rear

JOR -I, actually, didn’t spend too much of my youth in the south. My dad was in the military, so we moved around. I was born in Alabama, started kindergarten in Tennessee, and by second grade was in Alaska. I lived in Anchorage, Alaska, until I graduated high school and then moved to Florida.

It doesn't look like this autograph thing was done maliciously and the guy does have an impressive resume so it is unlikely it would ruin his career. Why he just doesn't come clean and settle the issue once and for all is puzzling.
    Last edited by Sammich; 05-Jul-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: a

United States

It doesn't look like this autograph thing was done maliciously and the guy does have an impressive resume so it is unlikely it would ruin his career. Why he just doesn't come clean and settle the issue once and for all is puzzling.
    That's the thing - I don't beleive that this was meant to be malicious, but was simply some dude padding out his resume when he was first getting started up figuring no one would call him out on it. Understandable - in fact many people do the same thing on their resumes - Tarantino lied about being one of the bikers in DAWN.

But lies can sometimes take on a life of their own and he told this one over and over so many times and allowed it to become a marketable part of his persona which allowed him access to more fans to visit his vendor tables. And now that such a big deal has been made of it with him denying the lie all along and his friends and followers trusting his word and backing him up, he has proverbially painted himself into a corner. Now he cannot admit the lie without losing major face - this much must be abundantly clear to himself.

So his threats of legal action, misuse of FB autoban functions and name calling reek of desperation and are really serving no purpose now except to make his situation even worse and cause those who he is attacking to push back even harder.

If he did admit he was wrong, it might make some of his friends view him in a different light but it certainly wouldn't hurt his career, therefore his reluctance to come clean now is all about his ego.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 05-Jul-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: afterthought
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    All anyone has ever asked him for is proof but all we have been met with is insolence and "go figure it out for yourself". So we did the math and it has been concluded that he simply has to be lying. He goes around telling people he was on the elevator during Miguel's death but signs as 'Florida Zombie'? Highly suspect. No-one has any recollection of him being on set too and a few of the stars have called bullshit on it. Why does he not have his buck, 'Dead Walk' newspaper or even a screen grab to prove conclusively that he was in it? Because he wasn't. And if he wasn't in Day of the Dead, then how many other entries on that impressive resume are also lies? That could destroy his career quite easily and the longer he drags it out, that's where things will ultimately head.

But let's be completely moronic and assume he was in the film but merely had no screen time, then why the f*ck is he signing stuff as actor and stuntman? It stinks worse than my arse after a Chicken Chilli Massala.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-Jul-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Copied Steve and did an afterthought of my own.