Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    And if he wasn't in Day of the Dead, then how many other entries on that impressive resume are also lies? That could destroy his career quite easily and the longer he drags it out, that's where things will ultimately head.
    That is a good point. It would be interesting to find if anything else might be of questionable origin.

In addition to DotD he is also listed as stunts- uncredited in these 1985 movies:

Invasion U.S.A. - released September 27, 1985
    Summer Rental - released August 9, 1985
    Cocoon -released June 21, 1985

I am not familiar with the shooting schedule, editing and post production of films, but it would appear that given most high school graduations take place at the end of June, that he would still have been in Anchorage after Invastion U.S.A. and Cocoon were already long completed.
    Last edited by Sammich; 05-Jul-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: a

Dead

United States
    Jim O'Rear is a f*cking idiot. So is Tom Savini. I've read about what an asshole Savini is at shows for years now. Long before I ever heard of this controversy. I never thought his makeup FX were all that great anyway. The only reason he has such a following is because of the following that GAR's films ALREADY had. He doesn't even come near the quality of Rick Baker's work. Just compare the work Savini did on any film he worked on to the work of Rick Baker in the Thriller video. Not even close!

I don't go to shows or collect memorabilia, I don't know any of these people at all besides those who post on this forum and that's the extent of how well I know even them.
    But judging from what I've read here and on the FB group, Savini blew the whole thing WAY out of proportion, and O'rear, well, what a f*cking joke that idiot is! But Lee Karr, it's glaringly obvious that he did what he did for good reasons, honorable reasons. He also never displayed the type of ego maniacal childish behavior that Savini did. I read the thread at FDTC and I know that him posting what Savini told him about O'Rear wasn't a decision that came easy to him. It came at great expense to him with Savini acting like a complete f*cking headcase and making personal attacks.
    Where was Savinis head when he made the decision to vouch for O'Rear in the 1st place? It's obvious that Savini knew he f*cked up, so instead of admitting it he tries to turn the whole thing around and make it about him being the victim of Lee Karr's quest to be everyones hero. BS!!
    Savini makes petty ass threats like "they'll have to hold me back from teaching you a lesson about friendship". Ha! If it were me, I'd be at the next convention, right up in Savinis face with someone filming from a distance. I'd totally let him beat my ass, then sit back and laugh as his money becomes mine.
    Savini deleted all his posts from FB. Ya know he didn't do that because he felt bad about what he said. He most likely did it because he got an email from someone on his PR team with something in the subject line like "Ya know you done f*cked up don't ya". Just like his reasoning for lying on behalf of of the D-bag himself O"Rear. Why would that happen? For the same reason he'd make a comment like "Im doing a Tarantino film with Decaprio, what have you done", because Savini is a wannabe celebrity. He took O"Rears side over the fans because he thinks fans are peons and O"Rear has a resume that includes film credits.
    You think something like this would EVER happen with guys like Nicotero or Rick Baker? Hell no! They know what their talents are and they stick to them and refine them. Unlike Savini who has delusions of grandeur about being this great actor. His acting sucks! Only reason he gets bit parts like he does is cuz of his past affiliations.
    I think it's obvious where we as fans stand with Mr. Sex-Machine Savini, or should I say "Straighttodvdini". F*ck him!!!!

-- -------- Post added 05-Jul-2012 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-Jul-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

On a side note: El Debarge chimed in on that discussion!? Seriously? The 80's pop/R&B singer El Debarge, as in "Who is jonny"? That's something I did not expect! F'in hilarious is what that is!!!
    Last edited by babomb; 05-Jul-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: more

United States
    my favorite part of the Savini rant

Quote Originally Posted by zombiebub View Post
    MENTIALY I'LL JAGOFF LIKE YOU

-- -------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Serioulsly though, that shit got wild!! How in the world could Savini go off like that?!? That's insane! I can see why he is angry and all, but all that bile and viscera can't be a good publicity move on his part.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    just for the record I am not Jim O'Rear, nor have I ever been Jim O'Rear...
    I'm Matt Daemon!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Jim O'Rear is a f*cking idiot.
    Pretty much the sentiments of everyone in the Dead community. A sentiment that is spreading each day.

Savini makes petty ass threats like "they'll have to hold me back from teaching you a lesson about friendship". Ha! If it were me, I'd be at the next convention, right up in Savinis face with someone filming from a distance. I'd totally let him beat my ass, then sit back and laugh as his money becomes mine.
    That was the first thing I thought...

Why would that happen? For the same reason he'd make a comment like "Im doing a Tarantino film with Decaprio, what have you done", because Savini is a wannabe celebrity. He took O"Rears side over the fans because he thinks fans are peons and O"Rear has a resume that includes film credits.
    This is one comment that really got up my nose. Savini also made a comment about Lee Karr only being interested in his sexual conquests and then went on to make up a scenario where Lee supposedly pushed him to admit if he had sex with Lori Cardille. I believe that was done 100% to try and break Lee and Lori's friendship, while also attempting to destroy Lee's career and reputation. I made a particularly harsh reply but it was not seen by many people because Savini just keeps removing everything. The man is a clusterf*ck.

For the record, I love his FX work and still respect him as an artist but... ugh. Let's just say I have his signature on a few things and that's as far as it goes. On a personal level, he reported one of my comments (which was respectful), criticised a friend of mine for his spelling mistakes and basically took a giant shit on fans by supporting someone who is illegally defacing people's property. Why would anyone want to shake hands with 'that'?

"Straighttodvdini".
    Cuscianna had some balls to stand up to him. He's the kind of guy I'd pick first to go on my team in a schoolyard football match, lol.

But as eye-opening and entertaining all of this may seem, let's not forget the joker responsible for everything here: Jim O'Rear. He is still pimping Day of the Dead and attending conventions on the back of a film he never appeared in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    In addition to DotD he is also listed as stunts- uncredited in these 1985 movies:

Invasion U.S.A. - released September 27, 1985
    Summer Rental - released August 9, 1985
    Cocoon -released June 21, 1985

I am not familiar with the shooting schedule, editing and post production of films, but it would appear that given most high school graduations take place at the end of June, that he would still have been in Anchorage after Invastion U.S.A. and Cocoon were already long completed.
    And I wonder if he has any evidence for appearing in these movies too...

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Administrator

England
    "Im doing a Tarantino film with Decaprio, what have you done"
    Where/when did he make a comment like that?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Here you go:

Tom Savini: Hey Cuscianna........Kissamyassa. I'm doing a Quentin Tarantino movie right now with Leonardo DiCaprio. What are you doing?

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Here you go:
    Ahh! I see it now! Overlooked that!
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Jim O'rear,
    THIS TUESDAY (July 10) on DEAD SERIOUS RADIO join myself, Daniel Emery Taylor, and Tommy Golden as we sit with SyFy's Ghost Hunters International's Scott Tepperman to discuss horror films, the paranormal, and our upcoming film The Hospital! 8pm central / 9pm eastern.
    www.blogtalkradio.com/deadseriousradio

Administrator

England
    ^^ Sorry, how does that involve O'Rear? I know O'Rear is involved with that film, but apart from that?

EDIT: Oh! I see, it was a post on his facebook page.
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    I just got chastised by facebook for a comment about O'Rear. I called him "O'take it in the rear for his career" and suddenly I was logged out of facebook and when I logged back in there was a message saying the comment was removed cuz it violates FB's TOS.
    What a sniveling little bitch that guy is! He sits and monitors that facebook group all the time it seems, waiting for a comment about him and then hits the report link. How pathetic is that?
    You know he's probly got an account here and is reading this, maybe even reading it right now. What a pathetic little diaper baby. It's over for him now. He dragged Savini into his lie, so ya know Savini is majorly annoyed with him even though he directed his anger at Lee. He knows this is all O'Rears fault. I'm sure he won't be working with Savini again soon, and won't be working with anyone who knows about this fiasco.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    my favorite part of the Savini rant

-- -------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Serioulsly though, that shit got wild!! How in the world could Savini go off like that?!? That's insane! I can see why he is angry and all, but all that bile and viscera can't be a good publicity move on his part.
    My favourite is this: you can call a human sphincter mouth extruding jealous excrement from a brain dead mind a Cusciannaism

wow!

Coming from someone who seriously loves Day Of The Dead all i can say is I can understand people being truelly upset when some douchebag who wasn't even in the film signs their precious memorabilia rendering it worthless in the process.

On the other hand, when you tell someone something in confidence, only to see it posted on the internet shortly afterwards ... That kinda justifies being mad now doesn't it. (The way he worded his rage, now that IS something else.)

Still, I can't help but think there were better ways to go about exposing this fraud than by posting confidential emails and such. Even without that Savini email the evidence that 'he who must not be named' is a lying cheat is pretty overwhelming.

Mind you, this comes from a Romer-fan who never attends conventions and would not dream of paying good money for an autograph. I tend to just buy the dvd's/Blu rays and enjoy the films you know?
    Last edited by krisvds; 05-Jul-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Still, I can't help but think there were better ways to go about exposing this fraud than by posting confidential emails and such. Even without that Savini email the evidence that 'he who must not be named' is a lying cheat is pretty overwhelming.
    You'd think so, but:-
    a) Savini saying he vouched for Mr O'Rear being onset in Day of the Dead is a bit of a serious dent to the argument he wasn't
    b) If the argument continued, the only outcome would be Savini was mistaken or lied. I guess Lee helped us cut to the chase!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You'd think so, but:-
    a) Savini saying he vouched for Mr O'Rear being onset in Day of the Dead is a bit of a serious dent to the argument he wasn't
    Not really, considering all the other evidence. The debate would have inevitably led to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    b) If the argument continued, the only outcome would be Savini was mistaken or lied. I guess Lee helped us cut to the chase!
    Which is exactly the point i was trying to make. Truth will out.
    Truth be told I can understand why mr. Karr did what he did, but given the circumstances it wasn't really necessary ...

I do however feel sorry for Savini for mouthing of the way he did and showing the rest of the fanbase what a childish way of expressing himself he uses when he is upset. Totally uncalled for and very, very immature.
    Pretty disgusting if that is how you talk in public.
    Last edited by krisvds; 05-Jul-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    ^^ I suspect Lee was very emotionally attached to the matter, so did what he did due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Not really, considering all the other evidence.
    Maybe... But one of the key figures of Day saying, "yes, Mr O'Rear was there," is a huge finger pointing in the opposite direction many people expected. For many they'd assume if Mr Savini say's he was there, he was there...
    -Carl Sagan