Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

United States

Savini Response To Cardille

All we need is love
    Last edited by zombiebub; 02-Mar-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Factual Errors

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    It was wholly necessary for Lee to do what he did otherwise no one would be any wiser to O'Rear's deception. When Savini said "Hey, what's all the fuss about? I remember Jim when I made him up on Day..." you should've seen the smug arrogant way O'Rear championed himself. "LOOK! SAVINI SAID IT HIMSELF. I EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING VERY STUPID!!!"

Really now? The only people who are stupid are the one's hitting the report button on behalf of this buffoon.

Back to Lee: I mean it's his job to report this shit, so Savini telling him "Look, keep this a secret but..." is no different than saying the same thing to a newspaper journalist. He only has himself to blame for it.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Administrator

England
    A little thing I noticed. If you look at this youtube page, look who uploaded it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scn_pTKqO40

Now look who has given a good number of O'Rear's items on Amazon a +ve writeup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tennessee-Gh...1500863&sr=8-4

Seemed odd to me...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A little thing I noticed. If you look at this youtube page, look who uploaded it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scn_pTKqO40

Now look who has given a good number of O'Rear's items on Amazon a +ve writeup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tennessee-Gh...1500863&sr=8-4

Seemed odd to me...
    If I may quote you, Neil: "OH DEAR!"

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    ...you should've seen the smug arrogant way O'Rear championed himself. "LOOK! SAVINI SAID IT HIMSELF. I EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING VERY STUPID!!!"
    Did he? Did he post back on the back of Savini's affirmation?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    It was wholly necessary for Lee to do what he did otherwise no one would be any wiser to O'Rear's deception. When Savini said "Hey, what's all the fuss about? I remember Jim when I made him up on Day..." you should've seen the smug arrogant way O'Rear championed himself. "LOOK! SAVINI SAID IT HIMSELF. I EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING VERY STUPID!!!"

Really now? The only people who are stupid are the one's hitting the report button on behalf of this buffoon.

Back to Lee: I mean it's his job to report this shit, so Savini telling him "Look, keep this a secret but..." is no different than saying the same thing to a newspaper journalist. He only has himself to blame for it.
    That's a good point you raise there. There is no doubt mr. Karr did what he did because he is very emotionally involved and honestly cares about the rest of the fanbase. No debate there! Also; this buffoon as you call him is such an obvious fraud/hack that (and I'm speaking for myself here) mr. Savini's backing him up really doesn't stand up to all the other evidence there is. I mean him claiming to have been a stuntman in Day is akin to someone stating the sun rises in the west. No backing up from whatever authority on the matter can dissuade anyone from the bleeding obvious...

Back to your journalist comparison. I don't know any journalists in person but from what I know there is a lot of information that is being shared both on and off the record. Regardless of the 'truth' and actual 'facts' there is also a certain degree of trust between informer and reporter that has to be maintained if the journalist wishes to not blow his bridges and keep his direct line to (juicy) information intact for the future. Lee obviously made his call with the best of intentions and in the process has exposed Mr. Savini as a man with little respect for the core fanbase.
    Well done.
    However all I'm trying to say here is that in the process of doing so he also blew up the connections he had with Mr; Savini thus excluding him from any other details he might have unearthed had he not breached his trust. I'm still not entirely convinced the truth would not have come out without the whole incident.

Still, it al speeded things up to the point that i seriously doubt any Romero fan approaching O'Rear in the future with memorabilia to sign.
    Also, Savini has shown himself as a very unpleasant human being lacking any manners whatsoever. He acts all hurt and talks about friendship and keeping things 'private' on facebook, in public. That says it all ...
    Last edited by krisvds; 05-Jul-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Back to your journalist comparison. I don't know any journalists in person but from what I know there is a lot of information that is being shared both on and off the record. Regardless of the 'truth' and actual 'facts' there is also a certain degree of trust between informer and reporter that has to be maintained if the journalist wishes to not blow his bridges and keep his direct line to (juicy) information intact for the future. Lee obviously made his call with the best of intentions and in the process has exposed Mr. Savini as a man with little respect for the core fanbase.
    I totally get you. I am a writer for a magazine and contribute news, reviews, articles and interviews to a couple of websites, mainly in the punk community. I have interviewed a few people now and with one or two, the conversation has gone down a "shhh, don't print this but..." path. While I am a man of my word, if a situation arose that was similar to this case and I happened to be sitting on information pertaining to a lie, or fraud, or anything of the kind... I'm afraid it's coming out and the person who told me said information knows damn well that it has the potential to come out. Whether or not it burned the bridge, there are many more fish swimming under that bridge.

Dead

United States
    O'Rear is getting on my last nerve! He's reporting every post I make in the chop shop, even posts that aren't about him.
    What a little pussy ass bitch!

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    He's reporting every post I make in the chop shop, even posts that aren't about him.
    Don't worry. It is an easily exploitable report system. If your comment disappears after you are logged out then you broke FB rules. If your comment still stands, it is not against FB rules and the person doing the reporting can land themselves in trouble. He's probably roped his partner into co-reporting everyone who even breathes about him. The solution is simple - post it here. Have you typed 'Jim O'Rear Day of the Dead' into Google search? Both FDTC and HPotD forums are second and third in the search and with more activity here, HPotD will be top of the list in no time.

Dead

United States
    Don't worry. It is an easily exploitable report system. If your comment disappears after you are logged out then you broke FB rules. If your comment still stands, it is not against FB rules and the person doing the reporting can land themselves in trouble. He's probably roped his partner into co-reporting everyone who even breathes about him. The solution is simple - post it here. Have you typed 'Jim O'Rear Day of the Dead' into Google search? Both FDTC and HPotD forums are second and third in the search and with more activity here, HPotD will be top of the list in no time.
    That must be what keeps happening then. He reported me and it logged me out, then a few mins later he must've done it again on the same post because it wasn't removed so it logged me out again. I've blocked him so he can't see my posts, but I think he has someone else doing it for him now. It's strange how a person can incite such hatred from people that don't even know him.
    That sickens me to see Savini trying to make it sound like Lee is only interested in his sexual conquests. What a f*ckin jerk off.
    Last edited by babomb; 05-Jul-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: ...

United States
    Wouldn't this make a great glossy 8x10 ?!
    Attached Images

Dead

United States
    I'd love to see a parody of him. In my mind I see it as a freaky ass talk show, where his personality is a combination between Pee-Wee Herman in pee-wees playhouse, Dennis Hopper from Blue Velvet, and the buffalo bill dude from silence of the lambs. He hosts the show from his moms basement wearing the Prince tux from Purple Rain. All his guests are blow up dolls with facial print outs of Tom Savini, Romero, Capt. Rhodes and Sting. He re-enacts scenes from Day with the guests where he continuously blows his stack over the lack of talent, and screams about how he did stunts in 3 episodes of Who's The Boss and played a homeless kid in an episode of Silver Spoons.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I'd love to see a parody of him. In my mind I see it as a freaky ass talk show, where his personality is a combination between Pee-Wee Herman in pee-wees playhouse, Dennis Hopper from Blue Velvet, and the buffalo bill dude from silence of the lambs. He hosts the show from his moms basement wearing the Prince tux from Purple Rain. All his guests are blow up dolls with facial print outs of Tom Savini, Romero, Capt. Rhodes and Sting. He re-enacts scenes from Day with the guests where he continuously blows his stack over the lack of talent, and screams about how he did stunts in 3 episodes of Who's The Boss and played a homeless kid in an episode of Silver Spoons.

babomb - LMAO! I almost pissed my pants laughing at your post! -Very Funny! -You should do stand up on the side! -Great post!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiebub View Post
    Lee Karr
    1:22pm Jun 10
    Oh my god, this is so stupid. I NEVER asked Tom Savini if he had sex with Lori Cardille. This is an outright, total lie on Tom's part. Period. It's a good thing I keep all of my interviews on tape, so that I can PROVE that this is a lie. I DID ask Tom that question regarding another female who worked on the film because I was told by two different people - who worked on the film - that there was something between Tom and this other female. But it was DEFINITELY not Lori Cardille. I've kept my mouth shut about Tom through all of this, but I can now see why Tom got his moniker of "Sleaze". This is a joke. Tom Savini, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    wow, as The Zombie Turns is quite a saga.

Lee and i had have had our differences on here over the years (all over politics and pointless shit like that) but Lee has always been a straight up dude who speaks his mind and acts with professional integrity in everything i've ever read by him. i find it hard to believe that he'd be going in after "sleaze", esp. knowing how much he loves these movies and the work that went into them. so, after reading all of this once again, i feel like the only person telling the truth in all this is Lee. maybe i'm biased because he's one of the crew but sometimes you have to close ranks with folks. I really, really hope that this shit storm doesn't harm Lee's career or his ability to get interviews with folks.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    wow, as The Zombie Turns is quite a saga.

Lee and i had have had our differences on here over the years (all over politics and pointless shit like that) but Lee has always been a straight up dude who speaks his mind and acts with professional integrity in everything i've ever read by him. i find it hard to believe that he'd be going in after "sleaze", esp. knowing how much he loves these movies and the work that went into them. so, after reading all of this once again, i feel like the only person telling the truth in all this is Lee. maybe i'm biased because he's one of the crew but sometimes you have to close ranks with folks. I really, really hope that this shit storm doesn't harm Lee's career or his ability to get interviews with folks.
    Thanks, Mike. I asked Tom a question about another female involved with the production towards the end of my interview with him. I told him before I asked the question that if he didn't want to answer I certainly understood. I informed him that I was told by others from the film that he slept with this female and was this true or not? I definitely didn't ask it the way he said I did with the "Come, on Tom...are you just saying that to protect her....come on you can tell me?" That's a total fabrication on Tom's part. Tom enjoyed talking about the subject so much that he asked me if I had heard any other stories about him fooling around with other women! That's the truth.