Thread: Greg Nicotero BBC article

Administrator

England

Greg Nicotero BBC article

Nice little article at the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43401604
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Warning: This article contains graphic photos of zombie make-up that you may find upsetting.
    Good grief, does everything need a f*cking trigger warning these days?! The term "art of gore" is in the title, for crying out loud!!! The three zombie pics were hardly graphic.

Anywayyyy ... neato.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Good grief, does everything need a fucking trigger warning these days?! The term "art of gore" is in the title, for crying out loud!!! The three zombie pics were hardly graphic.
    Maybe. Remember, we live in a world where a feckin ejit can be convicted of a "hate crime" for having his dog do a nazi salute as a silly joke on YouTube.

Being "offended" is an occupation for some people.

Anyway, nice to see Nicotero constantly doing well. He's the best guy in make up effects working today. I remember thinking to myself as kid me when I saw 'Day of the Dead' first, that that guy had it all. He got to be in the film and work on the effects!!! LOL.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Anyway, nice to see Nicotero constantly doing well. He's the best guy in make up effects working today. I remember thinking to myself as kid me when I saw 'Day of the Dead' first, that that guy had it all. He got to be in the film and work on the effects!!! LOL.
    Aye, big fan of Nicotero, his work, and the KNB team. Dig the cut of that dude's jib.

Reading through Lee Karr's book about Day just makes the production of Day seem all the more cooler from the 'Savini workshop' side of things. Seemed like they were having a hell of a good time in there while making superb effects.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Fans of Nicotero and KNB should definitely check out the documentary, “Nightmare Factory”. It’s all about KNB and a really fascinating watch.

United States
    Had a chance to meet him and Savini at Walker Stalker but didn't pan out. Hopefully, this year it happens. Massive fans of these guys. My childhood.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Had a chance to meet him and Savini at Walker Stalker but didn't pan out. Hopefully, this year it happens. Massive fans of these guys. My childhood.
    I met them both last year at walker stalker Atlanta. Really nice guys, particularly Nicotero. He’ll stand there, talk, and nerd out with you for as long as he possibly can. It was a wonderful experience, I hope it’s the same for you!