Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Rear

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Jim O'Rear's minons are continuing to attack my friends on facebook. They are still taking advantage of the auto-ban features there by reporting the most innocent posts on the Dr. Logan Chop Shop page. A couple of my friends there actually got sent to the cornfield for a 24 hour ban.
    And to think the cretin tried to accuse Lee Karr of being a cyber bully. The only cyber bully I see is Jim O'Rear, who has people silenced (even people who were fans of his initially until he failed to prove any of his claims) and their posts removed because he is desperate to keep a lid on it. Actually, someone who was recently targeted by O'Rear and his muppets yesterday changed his Wiki entry of 'Invasion USA' to 'Anal Invasion' and the thing was corrected within thirty seconds! Yes, it's childish but what does it tell you? He's rattled and on the ropes. A so-called celebrity who's so terrified that he's constantly logged into his networks because he KNOWS there will be reprisals. A so-called actor and stuntman in a film who has to avoid the conventions associated with said film because he knows he's toast if he shows his face.

You think this is bad, Jim? Well, it's nothing compared to what I have learned of recently. Real soon, you will hate Day of the Dead with every single part of your body. I talk to one or two convention 'regulars' (one in particular) and there's a very special surprise for you in the works, pal. It is something that you will not be able to control and is not even in the same picture as Facebook. If you can't provide evidence soon then I'd shit some, if I were you. Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    We also never got Savini's promised rant. Maybe he thought twice about it!
    The guy has lost enough face as it is from O'Rear cry-babying to him. His only method of retaliation is to flake out on Facebook, call everybody "jagoff's", while shitting on his own fans in the process.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    Wow.....what can the Capn be talking about.....can't wait to see....

United States
    O'Rear's time is coming. I can say that O'Rear has made himself some very powerful enemies via his conduct. It could have all went away quietly had he just confessed in the first place - for chrissake, we all forgave Tarantino for padding his resume with the DAWN reference because he was man enough to admit that he had done it and truthfully it was way, way understandable to all of us why he did it in much the same way that it is understandable why O'Rear had done this.

But O'Rear's flargrant disrespect to the fans by foolishly continuing to misrepresent himself and ruin fan's memoriabillia through this misrepresentation coupled with his pathetic retaliation against those who would have forgiven him and even welcomed him as one of us based soley on his being a fan of Romero had he handled it differently - this only had the effect of pushing everyone to view him as the ultimate target and a despised enemy. In the end, O'Rear brought this down on his own head. I actually feel sorry for him since he obviously has no idea who exactly he pissed off and how his actions singularly have motivated folks to focus their genius on him for the sole purpose of bringing him down and exposing him as a liar. In the end, he will become known less for his straight to DVD movies or his paranormal investigations and will instead be remembered as an example of a lie blowing up in a liar's face. Sad because he could have avoided this end.

-- -------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    You think this is bad, Jim? Well, it's nothing compared to what I have learned of recently. Real soon, you will hate Day of the Dead with every single part of your body. I talk to one or two convention 'regulars' (one in particular) and there's a very special surprise for you in the works, pal. It is something that you will not be able to control and is not even in the same picture as Facebook. If you can't provide evidence soon then I'd shit some, if I were you. Seriously...
    All of us have lied in the past to some degree. Most of us learned at an early age that lies eventually will bite you on the ass and that the more you lie to support your lie, the bigger a chunk of your ass you will inevitably lose. Apparently, Jim has no clue about how his petty retaliatory strikes have simply motivated folks to dig deeper, as deep as they could with as many connected, authorative and definitive sources to which they have access, and he has chosen a several of the best connected folks to Day of the Dead he could have ever chosen to piss off. It would have been far better for Jim O'Rear if he had learned early on that a lie cannot be defended forever and that no matter how many lies you make up or convince others to tell will never make your lie into truth.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 11-Aug-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Jim O'Rear is a fraud
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    All of us have lied in the past to some degree. Most of us learned at an early age that lies eventually will bite you on the ass and that the more you lie to support your lie, the bigger a chunk of your ass you will inevitably lose. Apparently, Jim has no clue about how his petty retaliatory strikes have simply motivated folks to dig deeper, as deep as they could with as many connected, authorative and definitive sources to which they have access, and he has chosen a several of the best connected folks to Day of the Dead he could have ever chosen to piss off. It would have been far better for Jim O'Rear if he had learned early on that a lie cannot be defended forever and that no matter how many lies you make up or convince others to tell will never make your lie into truth.
    I agree. I absolutely have no problem with people telling a few porky's to get their foot in the door. I've taken a free ride on the coat-tails of others - it is all a part of the game - but there comes a point where you have to jump off the ride and make it on your own merits. This is what surprises me about O'Rear because he DOES have a career. It is unfathomable why he sits at his table at conventions, Day of the Dead poster behind him, signing associated merchandise. On his website he has a shop section where you can buy DotD on DVD and it clearly states "Classic zombie film starring Jim O'Rear as a zombie". The man has NO SCREENTIME in it, so that's a lie right there.

Shall we recap some more to save people a long trawl through this thread? Okay, you twisted my arm!

When news broke out of his fraudulence (allegedly by Taso Stavrakis, so that's a TKO by default), he cloned accounts at the FDTC forum and pretended to be his own fans so there was at least some support. Thing is, all the accounts used his personal email and, funnily enough, have similar usernames to the people who give his books positive reviews on Amazon. He accused Lee Karr of being a cyber bully but wasted NO TIME in bashing Lee purely because he had rumbled him. I posted a reply, which showed a photograph of Lee in make-up on the set of Land of the Dead in retaliation. What was O'Rear's response? "Could easily be faked..." What f**king planet is this guy living on? Needless to say, his lying ass was banned after he threw around those laughable legal threats. The same threats he made to HPotD, none of which have been acted upon because he frankly would not have a leg to stand on in court. He has admitted that he's got no evidence (when every extra received a newspaper and a dollar as payment) and if he wants to hit people for slander, he's got to be able to fully prove his involvement in DotD to highlight his innocence.

His age is a constant source of debate. Born in 1970, he would be fourteen years old at the time of shooting. Who the f**k is going to employ a fourteen-year-old stuntman? But no, he's apparently three years older (more evidence of bullshit on his part) but even still that would only make him seventeen. I would like to know who dishes out insurance on stuntmen under the age of eighteen because surely that's against the law. And check out his biographies, he was in Alaska and moved to Florida for the DotD shoot, etc. Let's assume he did appear in the film, that is a serious trek to make just to stand in a crowd of zombie extras on an elevator for one day with only a dollar as payment...

"I lived in Anchorage, Alaska, until I graduated high school and then moved to Florida. Of course, I was flying a lot of places to work on various projects and even lived in New York for awhile as I attended the American Academy Of Dramatic Arts, so I’ve been influenced by a number of different cultures."
    "DAY was great. I love Romero and Savini. I was a fan of their work before being cast as a zombie in Florida, so I was extremely excited to be a part of 'The Holy Trilogy.' It was long hours but a blast at every moment."
    That brings us nicely to this next tidbit. He signs as "Florida Zombie" and has said in many interviews (see above for one example) that he was on the Florida shoot. In fact, he personally told one person close to me, and numerous others it seems, that he was on the elevator during the scene where Miguel sacrifices himself. Lee has all the extras sign-in sheets and O'Rear's name isn't anywhere to be seen. Big surprise there, right? Not only that but the scene was shot exclusively in Pennsylvania, not Florida. Also, his name doesn't appear on any Florida sheets either! And NOT ONE PERSON remembers him on the set, even people he cited as being with him at the time, including his chum Tom Savini, who told Lee in an email "I don't remember him at all, but shhh!". Doesn't look good does it?

O'Rear refuses to tell people on public forums what scenes he was in and just says "go figure it out for yourself". Why not shut us all up and laugh in our faces with a simple informed reply that anyone who was truly on the set could make in a heartbeat? Nope. And you can't figure it out for yourself because there is nothing out there to figure out! He is smart in interviews and keeps discussion of the film light but when he's schmoozing with the fans, his mouth runs wild.

You know what the real sad part of this whole saga is? A lovely woman had her DotD poster with over thirty signatures defaced by this "walking pile of pus". When O'Rear wouldn't back up his claims with evidence, she assumed he was guilty of the accusations and simply posted at Dr. Logan's of her intentions to cover up his sig with a decal. She wasn't rude or anything. O'Rear and his muppets mass reported her and got her banned for THREE DAYS! People who were fans of his, people who trusted him and put cash in his pocket are getting reported and banned because of his disgusting slimy deception that he won't admit to in order to save his own face from getting egged. You don't get any more selfish than that, do you?

I highly suggest that people stay away from him at conventions if you don't wan't your DotD collection ruined, even if he signs for free. On the other hand, I feel somebody needs to confront him at his table, preferrably with camera in hand because his face will tell the whole story. He seems to be keeping well away from conventions associated with DotD now, so it's a start at least. At first, I was willing to accept that the whole fracas was a storm in a teacup, but when my posts started disappearing (perfectly polite posts) that was all the evidence of guilt I needed. It is a shame because O'Rear does have a background away from his lie that is highly interesting to me and had it not be for his bullying tactics, I would probably have friended him somewhere down the line.

But yeah, Jim O'Rear is a two bob c**t. Make no mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by zombiebub View Post
    Wow.....what can the Capn be talking about.....can't wait to see....
    You know full well what it is, Larry. You're just as connected as I am, haha!

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Message to 'eskimom': "You have mail".

United States
    Hello, new to this site. Just wanted to say that i'm going to the purgatory toy show in morristown, TN on the 17th of nov. where the controversial Jim O Rear will be signing autographs. After this engaging thread, i must say i can't wait to see this goober and question his position on the matter!! haha

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by homeschoolman View Post
    Hello, new to this site. Just wanted to say that i'm going to the purgatory toy show in morristown, TN on the 17th of nov. where the controversial Jim O Rear will be signing autographs. After this engaging thread, i must say i can't wait to see this goober and question his position on the matter!! haha
    Welcome!

I'm just waiting for someone to give him a poster to sign, reading "I was not in Day of the Dead"...

Make sure you give us any news/feedback
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Welcome! Tell Jim O' Faker that Steve Suehiro says "hi" and that he and many other interested parties - including several individuals who were actually involved in the production of Day of the Dead - are continuing to spread the word about his non-involvement in Day of the Dead.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    So???
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Maybe he's still basking in the glory?

Dying

United States
    I composed all of the music to Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and the Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990.

I also designed posters for the first three movies in the Return of the Living Dead series.

And I directed Shaun of the Dead. And Zombi 2. And produced Cemetery Man, and also "casted" Anna Falchi.

United States
    Apparently, O'Rear is continuing to make appearances at conventions and still represents that he was a stunt/background zombie extra in Day of the Dead. If any of you see him at a convention, ask him to sign a photo for me. I will pay him good cash if he would sign his photo "I was never in Day of the Dead! -Jim O'Rear"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I composed all of the music to Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and the Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990.

I also designed posters for the first three movies in the Return of the Living Dead series.

And I directed Shaun of the Dead. And Zombi 2. And produced Cemetery Man, and also "casted" Anna Falchi.
    Impressive, sir! You should join O'Rear at the convention because your CV eclipses his.

Administrator

England
    I still think this saga isn't over...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I still think this saga isn't over...
    Yeah and it will not be as long as the righteous refuse to shut up and refuse to allow him to continue his deception.

Only Jim O'Rear can truly end this by admitting that he was never in Day of the Dead and ending his practice of representing himself as having been in the film to gullible fans. Since he likely will never step up and do this, he will only continue to bring the wrath of the fans down on his own head.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 23-Feb-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: clarity

Fresh Meat

United States
    LMAO. Now I remember this forum. Oh lord have mercy, lol. Well, I'm not choosing sides or getting involved, but this whole thing is hilarious. Let's just say that in the 8 years of being in the industry...I've seen my fair share of "dupes".