Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Day Z, Arma 2 zombie mod.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    No friendly will trust a known bandit, you'll get no help if anyone's nearby to your plight.
    You'll probably be alone, making your journey through the wasteland 100 times slower and harder
    People won't think twice about killing you if they know you're a bandit.
    But you said, no one knows if you're a bandit or not?

-- -------- Post added 20-Jun-2012 at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 19-Jun-2012 at 08:06 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj9Tih-esfw

-- -------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

^^ He says (@52:00) you need "Combined Operations"? I already have Arma II so was hoping I could just buy "Arrowhead"? But they imply I have to by "Combined Operations"?

But I thought "Combined Operations" was just Arma II + Arrowhead? Or does it have more too (like better textures)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    You usually know someone's a bandit when they start shooting at you! haha

I'm not sure how the expansion thing works - I just bought the full thing from Steam - combined ops is indeed Arrowhead and Arma II combined, but to launch the mod you need to launch "Arma 2 Combined Operations" from the steam right-click menu on the library....

Probably worth more research - but I think it *should* be ok, but definitely not sure.

I've had a really bad time in Chenarus over the last few days - I'm still very much alive - but my friend spawned in the "debug wilderness" - which is a special area of the map for debugging - sometimes you get spawned there and will basically starve to death before getting out of this untextured landscape of rolling hills. It's a nightmare. So she died, and spawned back at the start.

Unfortunately now though, you don't spawn with even a gun - so it's ten times tougher. We tried to meet in Berenzhino - and spent all day getting there. I got there first but quit out, with the intention of joining her later. We both connected to the same servers later on, had loads of update issues - I spawned on a server withtout any HUD or sound, the server had put me in a sort of server limbo map with no zombies and no loot....I ran about a bit, and when I logged back in....doom....debug wilderness!!!! ARGH.

I did some research, long story short - log into Canada 2 server, it puts you in the debug "forest" - which is about 2.5km west of the actual map....

I got a hair tie....strapped up my analogue thumbstick on the controller, and let him run forward for about 45 minutes....much to my shock, agony and dispair, I suddenly hear growls and screams - I was back on the map but I'd alerted the whole farm of "Myshkino" to my presence....I screamed, tried desperately to rustle the hair tie from the controller...I got it free, killed the zeds....took a breather. I'm now down to 3500 units of blood...black and white and shaking all over the place.

I then spent another hour running what I thought was West to East - in fact I'd just ran directly north - and ended up off the top of the map in a town not even logged on the pfficial Chenarus map - a place called Grovozy Pass.

Yesterday I spent all day AGAIN running from what I thought was West to East - spent all day running in black and white - checked me location, Grovozy Pass AGAIN!!!!!

I'm now following the road in vain down in the hopes I actually rejoin the damn game at some point....ugh.

On a side note, I've found an infinite food glitch....so haven't starved yet!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    I found in single player mode that if you go on to the map screen (M key on the keyboard) and click on the radio, you can spawn any weapon and supplies you want, takes the fun of scavenging out of it but it was good to just play about with and see whats available. Havent played online yet, every server I try to join I just get kicked from before I've even got logged in which is irritating!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I found in single player mode that if you go on to the map screen (M key on the keyboard) and click on the radio, you can spawn any weapon and supplies you want, takes the fun of scavenging out of it but it was good to just play about with and see whats available. Havent played online yet, every server I try to join I just get kicked from before I've even got logged in which is irritating!
    Are you launching the mod through "Six Launcher"? It's on the Day Z website - it's a small program that looks at the Day Z servers, and updates you with a small file so you can join...I have no problems joining now because of this...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

UK
    Well, after a week of calamity (Arma boxset arrived the same day my psu died!), I've finally had my first venture into Day Z - lasted all of five minutes! Some nutsack whacked me in the face with an axe the instant I spawned and proceeded to chase me around some woods while I slowly bled to death. Fortunately I lasted just long enough to aggro a village full of zeds and ran back towards him - last thing I saw was his sorry ass high-tailing it down the road with a shed load of zombies after him, lol. Awesome!

I'd also recommend the six-launcher too, takes all the hassle out of it.

Great Britain
    Decided to get in myself, how hard is it to install and get running?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    It's not that difficult - just drop the mod files into Arma 2 Op Arrowhead and launch the game using a command line in the launch options in Steam - it's all on the website....

My friend sent me a .exe file that forces the game to use all your cores and launches the mod straight away - not sure where it was gotten from though.

I think all this stuff's on the main Day Z website on how to get it working...it's not hard at all really.

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Decided to get in myself, how hard is it to install and get running?
    Thanks got it running using the six updater and a youtube guide lol.

Now just need to find like minded people that don't shoot on sight lol.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Thanks got it running using the six updater and a youtube guide lol.

Now just need to find like minded people that don't shoot on sight lol.
    Well I'm usually on server EU28 during European daylight hours, and in the night time I'm usually on NY8 to continue playing in the daylight - so if you see a player called "Trevelyan", feel free to send a message!

Undisclosed

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    if you see a player called "Trevelyan", feel free to shoot him in the back of the head.
    I'm on it!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    The free MMO Arma 2: started the open beta on June 24, 2011. Anyone who would like to play MMO shooter games could join the open beta testing servers. If you are interested in Chinese Kung Fu, you should come to MMOWood site because it is introducing a new mmorpg game Age of Wushu. And the screenshots of this game look great!
    Last edited by Zombie134; 20-Dec-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spell