Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day Z, Arma 2 zombie mod.

Undisclosed

Day Z, Arma 2 zombie mod.

I'm seriously tempted to purchase Arma 2, a game I had zero interest in, just for this. Looks epic!

http://kotaku.com/5908753/this-might...game-ever-made

UK
    Now that's pretty damn kick-ass. Found a nice youtube video, not much happens but's pretty intense though, somehow, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB7YGgREFg

England
    Make sure you have a beefy PC to play it on though, I've been playing Arma 2 for almost 3 years now and even after upgrades its still a demanding game, mainly down to the sheer size of the world you play in - an entire country!
    I've not played the zombie mods, but the vanilla game is very good, it feels extremely realistic to play, much more so than CoD or Battlefield etc

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I'm seriously tempted to purchase Arma 2, a game I had zero interest in, just for this. Looks epic!

http://kotaku.com/5908753/this-might...game-ever-made
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I had been interested in Arma/Arma2 for a while, even shot Tricky a few PMs asking him about the game. I haven't pulled the trigger on buying, but will do so now. It doesn't hurt that the game is 50% off on gamersgate currently ($19.99)

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Now that's pretty damn kick-ass. Found a nice youtube video, not much happens but's pretty intense though, somehow, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB7YGgREFg
    Watched this whole vid last night and was pretty psyched, only problems I se are PK griefers, lack of enterable structures (comparatively, it seems) and not having a (truly) integrated and expansive harvesting/crafting system.

Still, I'm up for giving it a shot and will download it tonight. I figure the vanilla offerinfs should be damned cool in and of itself.

Anybody plays, let me know! Also, anyone know if the mod support for this on Steam is workable? I like gamersgate, but sometimes not going Steam shoots oneself in the foot with regards to community access to groups and mods.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

UK
    Okay, just spent the last few days getting to grips with the Arma 2 demo, it's pretty frustrating at first but once it 'clicks', it's in a class of it's own. Going to order the anniversary edition sometime this weekend - comes with a map! Love game maps! Should be quite handy for the Day Z mod. Talking of which, you need to watch this video, it's 20 minutes long but it's funny as hell - if you're not sold on it already this should change your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

Left4what...?

Super Moderator

United States
    Okay, just spent the last few days getting to grips with the Arma 2 demo, it's pretty frustrating at first but once it 'clicks', it's in a class of it's own.
    I'll give this new vid a watch. So you picked up the game, too? Maybe we'll have to team up sometime. You know, once I get the hang of the demo I think I have to crank that mouse sensitivity down.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been following this game on another forum. So bummed that Mac gets no support.

England
    Okay, just spent the last few days getting to grips with the Arma 2 demo, it's pretty frustrating at first but once it 'clicks', it's in a class of it's own.
    The community is huge surrounding the game, if you go on the Bohemia interactive forums & the Armaholic website you'll find infinite amounts of user made scenarios, mods, extra vehicles & units, maps, campaigns & missions. Its such an awesome game and it feels "real" to play. Being spotted by an enemy patrol and coming under fire gives you a genuine sense of fear, knowing that you can be felled in one bullet. CoD it aint!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Its such an awesome game and it feels "real" to play. Being spotted by an enemy patrol and coming under fire gives you a genuine sense of fear, knowing that you can be felled in one bullet. CoD it aint!
    Yeah, I'm getting that vibe from the demo (still waiting on my amazon order, ETA 9th of June! Damn it!). Find myself crawling along ditches and tree-lines a lot weighing up my options, and crapping myself everytime you hear that familiar crack of gun fire overhead and you haven't a bloody clue where it came from! That's how it should be. Loving the environment too.
    Of course, I've always said I'll never upgrade my system just to play a game again after Oblivion, but having seen some Arma 3 videos... think I just might. Ha, ha.

Great Britain
    Watched a few videos and this looks really good and they mostly contain running and screaming lol, might have to buy the main game just for this lol if I can find in cheap enough.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 23-May-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling

UK
    There's a new patch out - now you can become sick and spread it to other players!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/da...t-cause-havoc/

Also, a nice interview with the mods developer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/da...story-machine/

Anyone get the feeling that this might become the new Counter Strike? It seems like it has that kind of momentum behind it.

Undisclosed
    Is a quad 2.8ghz cpu and nvidia gtx 250 enough to run this game?

Administrator

England
    There's a new patch out - now you can become sick and spread it to other players!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/da...t-cause-havoc/

Also, a nice interview with the mods developer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/da...story-machine/

Anyone get the feeling that this might become the new Counter Strike? It seems like it has that kind of momentum behind it.

I'd be worried about trolls. ie:-
    - Numpty bandits just suicide attacking you to kill you not caring if they get taken down.
    - Numpty survivors just running upto groups of other survivors solely to infect them with this new infection!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan