Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The proper reward for a good deed

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

Quick related story: when I was about 13-14 years old, I found a wallet in the middle of our street. There was cash in it. Instead of taking the cash and throwing the wallet in the trash, I decided to take it home to my parents and show it to them. They found his license, found his phone #, then called him to let him know I found his wallet. When he showed up, I was secretly hoping I would get something for doing my 'good deed' - however, that was not to be. The guy took his wallet, told my parents to tell me 'thanks' and left. I was hoping for something, but wasn't EXPECTING it, unlike this mother and her kid. It didn't bother me that much though 'cause I knew in my head that I did the right, proper thing.
    And you wouldn't have called the guy a cheapskate if you got $20, either, I'm sure.

I guess my parents must've done something right, eh?
    Sounds like the proper attitude to have, but you know how I feel on the topic

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    And you wouldn't have called the guy a cheapskate if you got $20, either, I'm sure.

I admit I was a tad let down when I didn't get anything (especially considering I could've grabbed the money and trashed the wallet and no one would've been the wiser), but I certainly didn't "expect" a reward. I was just "hoping." Big difference I guess.

United States
    Makes you wanna set the bitch's hair on fire and curb stomp it out. What a bitch.