Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It begins...

United States

And so it begins... part 2

http://thedailywh.at/2012/05/29/in-case-you-missed-it-of-the-day-78/

Seriously... this is the scariest part... " The officer then used his service weapon and shot the man, Aguilar said, but the gunshot had no effect." Dude is naked, eating another man's face and gunshots don't phase him? Wonder if the shot that finally killed him was a head shot.
    Last edited by Thorn; 29-May-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: fixing

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I'll be handing out "Rock Salt" this Halloween. Let the fun begin.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just a few threads down in the same forum....

I think this makes it about four or five times someone has posted this within the last four days.
    Last edited by bassman; 29-May-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Merged with older topic.

It'll be a lot of merging the day the dead are verified to actually be rising.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
    The chances of a zombie uprising happening is about the same as...
    HAH! That's what they all say! And it always starts with a report like this "someone was caught eating someone else, no idea what happened but the dude was probably on some cocaine-fueled binge or he was under the influence of some other drug."

Yeah, suuuure - then a few days later, the same thing is reported somewhere else.. then somewhere else.. then all hell breaks loose.

I, personally, am ready for it. I'm going to hole-up in my place in West VA and wait for those suckers to climb up the mountain - then they're easy pickins' for me and my redneck neighbors!

"Burt Reynolds! Tell him to get Burt Reynolds!"
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 29-May-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: .

Aaland
    Any person's logic who ACTUALLY believes that this is the rise of the zombie apocalypse must read the Greek story of Procrustes the thief.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
    Any person's logic who ACTUALLY believes that this is the rise of the zombie apocalypse must read the Greek story of Procrustes the thief.
    No one here actually believes such a thing...that's a different brand of forum.

I think--generally speaking--there's a lot of zombie fantasists, some angry zombie fantasists (ill-considered homicidal wish fulfillment etc.) and very few literalists (I've never seen one actually post), who may actually believe and possibly be actively planning for a zombie survival event (not to be confused w/ people who use the term "zombie" in general survivalist crack-pottery to refer to unprepared vandals).

Honestly, here we're mostly jaded enough and nice/sane enough to be none of the above. Just fans of the genre, albeit sometimes critical.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    No one here actually believes such a thing...that's a different brand of forum.

Honestly, here we're mostly jaded enough and nice/sane enough to be none of the above. Just fans of the genre, albeit sometimes critical.
    Don't listen to him, Rumsfeld. Aces is a non-believer. He will be dealt with appropriately when time is upon us! This is happening. This is exactly how it starts. I work for a biotech company and I can tell you, I know the stuff they're working on. It's not just cancer and multiple sclerosis research...

Take a look at this article:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/florida_naked_fights_attacker_life_WSulydD5qlsToBU chAcX0L

It's already being covered up, man! Notice the language in that article!? They're not identifying either victim? This happens in broad daylight? Now they're trying to blame "cocaine-induced psychosis" or some "other potent form of LSD" or "bath salts"?!? They haven't even done an autopsy and they're blaming it on drugs? When was the last time you ever heard of anyone on ANY drug "chew the face off" of another human being?!

NEVER!!

It's coming, man... coming for all of us.... you... me.... everyone.... the end is near... we gotta be ready... ready for them when they come... yeah... ready when they come...

<END TRANSMISSION>

Undisclosed
    Something in the government is definitely going on in regards to zombies.

‘Zombie Survivability’ Alert! Are Government Officials Tracking Blaze Stories on the Undead?

The government is watching us — that is The Blaze. Or, they’re tracking certain key words on the Internet. Key words in this case: zombie, apocalypse and survivability. Yup, that‘s apparently what got the government’s attention. Zombies.

A comment over the weekend on a Blaze article by “Leto” — The Blaze username of Tom Deaderick — turned the government’s eye on his website.

The article was about a Haitian archaeological discovery that alluded to ancient zombies; skeletons were found with rocks in their mouths. Deaderick, wanting to let fellow Blaze readers know if they would be safe in the ever increasing likelihood of a zombie apocalypse, shared with us his zombie survivability map.

Within an hour the U.S. Department of Homeland Security was onto it. In fact, they looked at his site 11 times.

Then there are the strange "zombie preparedness" articles from the CDC and Navy Times that came out within months of each other:

CDC article:
    Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

Navy Times article:
    The zombie deployment guide

Is there really a possibility of a zombie apocalypse? Maybe, maybe not, but imagine if what went down in Miami were to happen on a mass scale after a psychotic mind altering chemical or pathogen is released into the subway system of a large city. It sure as hell would look like one.

Homeland Security To Test Biological Sensors In MBTA Tunnels

BOSTON (CBS) – The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be releasing bacteria into the MBTA tunnels to test the safety of the subway.

The DHS has installed sensors in the MBTA system to detect biological agents and they’ve been testing to see how the air moves.

Hmm...

Super Moderator

United States
    Sammich, government interest in chemical and biological weapons and countermeasures have only risen and will continue to do so as time goes on. As it's been said, a poor man's WMD. You're saying this is expressly due to a belief in zombies? Not all the other more likely reasons? As to your other links, did you read them? Zombies are a great teaching tool, as they're entertaining to a large percentage of the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Aces is a non-believer. He will be dealt with appropriately when time is upon us!
    How is that? One to the chest, two to the head? Or are you going to dog me out and pummel me with a baseball bat? Don't use a blade, it'll get stuck in my thick skull.

Undisclosed
    4 additional recent cases of strange zombie like attacks in Miami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNDPlb3J0cM

One event mentioned in the report was another bloody naked guy that got hit by a cab and when the cops showed up he growled at them, was unaffected after getting tasered 3 times, exhibited superhuman strength, managed to get cop's baton and beat him with it. It took 15 cops to take him down.

By the way, I really hate these cellphone camera of the t.v. screen videos.

More strangeness. Is this the beginning of hell on earth?

Police: Hackensack man stabbed himself and threw intestines at officers

HACKENSACK — A man who stabbed himself repeatedly in front of police — and then threw his skin and intestines at them — remains in critical condition Tuesday morning, police said.

The officers ordered him to drop the 12-inch kitchen knife, but he didn’t. Carter is accused of swinging the knife at officers, police said. The officers sprayed two cans of pepper spray at the man without any effect.
    Last edited by Sammich; 30-May-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: a

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Navy Times article:
    The zombie deployment guide
    That Navy times article is just a generic article published in all the military times papers. I remember buying that issue of the Air Force times and giggling to myself over the article thinking how much of a joke it was not to mention how much I disagreed with some of the information. The military times mainly just talks about headlines affecting the military community and rumors of crap that could affect military members such as benefits, pay, ect... It does from time to time throw in stuff that tends to be "hip" or "cool" at the given moment. The article is not training or anything like that. It's not even a secret squirrel document. It's more entertainment than anything else.

If the shit does hit the fan....it'll probably be more like a movie than you would like to think....If I had to pick one....I'd say "The Crazies".
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 30-May-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: ...

Dead

United States
    This seems of particular cause for concern. Over the weekend I helped with security in the parking lot for an event called Summer Camp 2012. It's a big campout type concert that lasts about 4 days. The majority of the people that go to these things are hippy types. Exactly the types that would take LSD, much the same type of crowd as the Occupy movement. Before the event started there was a discussion and everyone was warned about the "brown acid", even told to make sure that any of it that was recovered should be turned in promptly.
    I took acid alot when I was younger. I can't even fathom the concept of some type of acid that would make you cook from the inside, and cause you to do things like eat another mans face, stab yourself and throw your skin and entrails at police. That's completely outside the reality of the way that LSD made me feel. That was in the early-mid 90's. We just listened to trippy music, watched trippy movies, went for walks in the woods, drank beer and smoked weed. There would never have been any sort of incident like this. And i can't see some mistake in the process of making LSD just happening to have these sorts of effects on people. But I CAN see something like this happening as a deliberate effect. Some chemical being added on purpose that causes parts of the brain to cook, in turn causing violent behavior. There was a guy in the town I live in, small town about 7200 people, this guy opened a smoke shop downtown and was selling that fake weed and bath salts. They shut him down quick because alot of people thought he was intentionally poisoning kids with this stuff. They thought this because he was Palestinian. Now I'm not saying this was true, but there is a concept known as the "5th Column" where narco-terrorist states flood the US with drugs as an unconventional method of warfare.
    So imagine if this were the case, and a huge concert event or protest was deliberately targeted with this tainted form of LSD that causes violent behavior. What would that look like? Kinda like the start of an epidemic like in 28 Days Later, or Dawn 2004. I don't think that a traditional Zombie Apoc as in a Romero scenario where bodies are totally reanimating is possible. But I think it's much more possible that some sort of situation that creates widespread events such as the man eating the other mans face could come to pass. Even though these wouldn't be zombies, the violent behavior and unstoppability of those affected would bear alot of resemblance to a zombie. So in that regard if a situation were widespread enough it could quickly get out of control. Especially if it were a protest event where you have all sorts of cops just looking for reasons to let loose on the "hippies", and the protesters are also looking for a fight even before they go insane from the "brown acid" or bath salts.
    Maybe the world needs a real life B.S.A.A?
    Last edited by babomb; 30-May-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: ...

United States
    Wheeeeee!
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

England
    Crikey. Looks like the acid really brought that guys issues to the surface in a grisly way.
    Dont do drugs people. Especially if you're mentally unbalanced.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA