Thread: Season 3 Preview Weekend July 7th-8th on AMC

England

Season 3 Preview Weekend July 7th-8th on AMC

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...ew-weekend.php

AMC announced today The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview Weekend on Sat., Jul. 7 and Sun., Jul. 8 beginning at 11:30AM/10:30c each day. Airing just one week before Comic-Con, the two-day programming event will feature a marathon of all 19 episodes from the series' critically acclaimed first two seasons, culminating with a Talking Dead live primetime special on Sun., Jul. 8 at 9/8c. The one-time-only airing of Talking Dead, hosted by Chris Hardwick (Nerdist), will be followed by a never-before-seen black and white version of The Walking Dead pilot episode at 10/9c. The special version of the series' first episode was created specifically for fans of The Walking Dead, as it holds true to the original black and white comic book, written by Robert Kirkman.

Throughout The Walking Dead Marathon, Hardwick will introduce each episode from the set of season three in Atlanta, giving viewers a glimpse of the new sets. Along with several cast members and producers, he will set up the storyline from each episode, and discuss the classic moments and unique characters featured. In addition, every episode with be wrapped with exclusive character and scene-specific content from the first two seasons, including behind-the-scenes footage and sit-down interviews with the cast.

In the hour-long Talking Dead event, shot live in Los Angeles, Hardwick will give fans a first look at The Walking Dead Season 3, including a scene from the new season, and brand new video interviews with the cast, a tour of the new set and a sneak peek at the props and wardrobes featured in Season 3. Hardwick will also sit down with in-studio guests including the show's executive producers and other celebrity fans. Viewers will get information on the show's presence at this year's Comic-Con, including a look at the construction of The Walking Dead booth, updates on AMC's The Walking Dead Social Game, and other show-related news and topics.

At one point during the live show, Hardwick will also provide a special code to viewers, which they can use to enter The Walking Dead Watch to Win Sweepstakes. The winner will receive a trip to Atlanta and a "stagger on" role as a zombie on the hit show.

The on-air event will be complemented by activities online at amctv.com, where fans can find more exclusive behind-the-scenes videos and participate in Fan Favorite polls, which cover such topics as Fan Favorite Weapon, Fan Favorite Walker, Fan Favorite Walker Kill and Fan Favorite Survivor. The Poll winners will be announced by Hardwick during the Talking Dead live event Sunday night.

The Walking Dead reigns as the most watched drama series on basic cable for Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. The series has garnered an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Prosthetic Make-up and a Golden Globe® Award nomination for Best Television Series - Drama, among other accolades. Critics have heralded the series as "the most suspenseful show on any network" (Boston Herald) and "the greatest thriller ever produced for television" (Entertainment Weekly). The series tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "never before seen" black and white pilot episode? Hrm. It's on the SE set.

I'll no doubt watch this, but i'm more looking forward to the comic con trailer.

United States
    It'll be nice to have them all DVR'ed in order along with the live showand the b/w pilot.
    That way I can hold onto it until the box sets get supercheap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    1. Put on the original pilot.
    2. Press menu.
    3. Set color to 0.
    4. Black and white pilot episode.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    1. Put on the original pilot.
    2. Press menu.
    3. Set color to 0.
    4. Black and white pilot episode.

Exactly what I did with my very first copy of NOTLD on videotape (it was the "colorized" version).

I hope to be able to see that Talking Dead special in the usual places for us non-Americalanders, seeing as no channel on our side of the pond ever shows TTD. Naturally also, I can't wait to see the new season trailer ... the last two ComicCon trailers have kicked major arse, so I'm eagerly awaiting our first glimpse of new TWD!

United States
    while the gf and i were visiting my sister and her family in auburn a month or so ago, we went to an atlanta braves game and i made a comment about checking out TWD filming locations. my bro-in-law mentioned his brother and how much he liked the show, but neither he nor my sister had watched any of it yet.

i told them about the season 3 preview weekend, they set their DVR to record the whole she-bang in one weekend, and now they've watched the entire show till this point and are totally hooked.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    while the gf and i were visiting my sister and her family in auburn a month or so ago, we went to an atlanta braves game and i made a comment about checking out TWD filming locations. my bro-in-law mentioned his brother and how much he liked the show, but neither he nor my sister had watched any of it yet.

i told them about the season 3 preview weekend, they set their DVR to record the whole she-bang in one weekend, and now they've watched the entire show till this point and are totally hooked.
    I love catching up on shows in that sort of 'boxset' fashion ... I did that recently with Mad Men - five seasons in quick succession ... what a great way to enjoy a show. Glad you've converted another two folks to the TWD cause.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ... I did that recently with Mad Men - five seasons in quick succession ... what a great way to enjoy a show.

coughbreakingbadcough.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    coughbreakingbadcough.
    *cough*no-uk-channels-airing-it-at-all*cough*boxsets-rather-pricey*cough*old-links-dead*cough*will-get-around-to-it-eventually-as-same-friend-who-loaned-me-Mad-Men-appears-to-be-getting-BB-boxsets-so-I-might-be-able-to-borrow-them-sometime*cough*

I will get to it ... just a matter of when. It's like seasons 6 and 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm - I have season 8, but Sky Atlantic got up to season 5 and then just stopped showing them rather frustratingly, and they refuse to let anyone know what's going on with it.

United States
    Recorded the whole thangie and am rewatching around 3 episodes a night when we do it up. I'm also erasing them after so's I will be ready for another marathon before the new season starts. There was alot of stuff my wife didn't remember seeing the first time she saw it all, it's like she's seeing it for the first time again.
    I've been trying to get new people into the show. I warned any and all of my friends to record the marathon and check it out. The ones who did... loved it.
    The ones who didn't are complete dickwheels.
    They probably think the same of me for not caring to watch Breaking Bad. I saw a bit of the premiere last night and wasn't impressed. Went and played my SEGA instead...