Thread: Zuckerberg calls Facebook users dumbf*cks

Undisclosed

Zuckerberg calls Facebook users dumbf*cks

Makes you wonder what Marky thinks of the small investors that bought into his IPO.

Facebook founder called trusting users dumb f*cks

Loveable Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg called his first few thousand users "dumb fucks" for trusting him with their data, published IM transcripts show. Facebook hasn't disputed the authenticity of the transcript.

Zuckerberg was chatting with an unnamed friend, apparently in early 2004. Business Insider, which has a series of quite juicy anecdotes about Facebook's early days, takes the credit for this one.

The exchange apparently ran like this:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb fucks

Administrator

England
    Are people so desperate to hate the guy they pay this sort of banter any attention at all!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Can you blame him?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Are people so desperate to hate the guy they pay this sort of banter any attention at all!?
    Lots of axes that need grinding on the internet.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Zuck: Dumb fucks
    I can imagine the next part of that conversation...

Zuck: Where does it say we have to keep those dumb fucks next door to where we sleep? Where does it say we should do any one thing but shoot the muthers in the head!

Ireland
    "we don't have enough ammunition to shoot them all in the head. The time to have done that would've been at the beginning..."
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    ^^ lol!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    You guys forgot the most important one in relation to facebook these days.

"We're in the minority now. By roughly 400,000 to 1 by my calculations."

Long pause.

"I haven't eaten yet, is there food?"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's not that they're desperate to hate the guy, they're desperate to try and warn their friends and people they know not to use Facebook and the reasons why.

Put it this way - would you use Windows if Bill Gates was calling the users of his products dumb fucks for trusting him and his new Operating System? I doubt it. I certainly wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Can you blame him?
    Who, Zuck or Sammich?

Zuck? No, can't blame him, as I feel the same way he does. People are stupid for trusting him.

Sammich? Nah, can't blame him either, I pointed out this exact Zuck exchange in the Facebook IPO thread - hoping people who haven't heard this will read it and wake up and get the hell off Facebook.

Super Moderator

United States
    Sometimes the things we love, don't love us back, Lou. And sometimes, the things we love, love us to death.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    True, Aces - but when I find something that doesn't love me back? Well, I kick it to the curb.

This does not include bacon, because regardless of what the 'British Journal of Cancer' tells us, Bacon is good eats - if consumed in moderation of course!

Besides, when I was a kid, I was told, "Drink milk, it's good for you!" just to find out 15-20 years later, people are all up in arms because now a new study says, "Milk can cause cancer!" Then, a few years later, we're back to "Milk is good for you!"

btw: "moderation" is just an imaginary town in my head.

Dead

United States
    Put it this way - would you use Windows if Bill Gates was calling the users of his products dumb fucks for trusting him and his new Operating System? I doubt it. I certainly wouldn't be.
    Bill Gates doesn't need to. That monstrosity of an OS infers it on its own.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb fucks[/I]