Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier (film)

Administrator

England
    Co-director says it's the greatest Marvel film yet? - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Capta...ate-38263.html

I really liked the first film, and far preferred it to many other superhero film, including recent offerings such as Iron Man 3 and Man Of Steel. I liked the depth of the character(s), and the solid story without the need for huge over-the-top effects to try and 'sex' it up.

Fingers crossed this claim has merit!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm up for it, but you never know with Marvel films.

Co-director says it's the greatest...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Of course he says that. Why wouldn't he? He's paid to say that.

All-in-all, the Marvel films so far have been Ok. Iron Man 2 was pretty crap, actually, but apart from that they're Okay. Just Okay.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll certainly see the flick and will no doubt enjoy it as much as I did the first (which was a fair bit).

However, is anyone else getting a bit fatigued by the sheer onslaught of superhero/comic book movies? There's so many in various stages of production, and the release schedules always seem to be crammed full of such flicks these days.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    However, is anyone else getting a bit fatigued by the sheer onslaught of superhero/comic book movies? There's so many in various stages of production, and the release schedules always seem to be crammed full of such flicks these days.
    At one part of last year I started feeling like that!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'll certainly see the flick and will no doubt enjoy it as much as I did the first (which was a fair bit).

Meh. I dunno. I haven't even seen half of them. I'm just glad the tech caught up to the point they could finally start making them proper. As a kid of the 70's it was painful to see the versions that made it to TV (even though we loved the hell out of them).

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I''m just glad the tech caught up to the point they could finally start making them proper. As a kid of the 70's it was painful to see the versions that made it to TV (even though we loved the hell out of them).
    I completely agree! And I'm not sick of superhero movies, just some of the same IPs over and over and the really bad films. Give Batman a rest and stop trying to make certain books work, such as the Hulk and The Fantastic Four. Ruffalo's Hulk was excellent and worked as an ensemble, but otherwise the character doesn't conform to typical super hero Story arc tropes.

Ant-man can go either way, but I'm psyched for an offbeat attempt.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    not too big on going to the theaters these days, so i didn't see the first one till they started showing it on tv a few weeks ago. i found it rather enjoyable, though, as did my newphew and gf who were watching it with me, so we plan to go see this one on opening weekend.

between the robocop remake, the winter soldier, amazing spider-man 2, and godzilla, this will be the most visits i've made to the theaters in one year in at least the last decade or so....

Administrator

England
    I loved the first one, really enjoying the more human element to it than found in a lot of other super hero films.

Hoping the second delivers a similar dose and doesn't go all mindless OTT Avengers on us.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Hoping the second delivers a similar dose and doesn't go all mindless OTT Avengers on us.
    Couldn't agree more.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Never even saw that flick... And some of it was filmed around where I live too!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqVHNzRtnlY
    -Carl Sagan