Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier (film)

United States
    nearly every review i've read has praised this as being the best movie yet from marvel studios, really jazzed to see it this weekend. also hoping to see a preview for the amazing spider-man 2 on the big screen rather than my laptop or tv. anyone else planning to check this out in theaters?

Administrator

England
    Seeing it tomorrow. Risking 3D.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    anyone else planning to check this out in theaters?
    Captain America long sleeve tee, check.
    Boner pants, check.
    Killer bud and munchies...
    Hell to the yeah. Hoping to get off work early enough Friday to beat the rush.
    I'm having a hard time deciding who I like more, Cap' or Thor. The movies are so different, but just completely kickass compared to the Iron Man snoozefests. I'm going to be sad face when it's all said and done.

United States
    Just got back from seeing it, and loved it. It does start out a bit slow, but I thought it was well worth it. Not spoiling it, but hang out around for both codas.
    I will also say Sebastion Stan bears an uncanny resemblance to Mark Hamill at times. Maybe it's the eyes...
    Like I said: loved it all, I give it an A. I'm sure there will be haters, I heard some lady walking out say, "It was just another Avengers movie, without the rest of them..."
    Also, great Spiderman 2 and XMEN trailers. Even better was the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer. I am soooooo stoked for that one.
    Great night, and nobody attempted to ruin it for me. This is rare that I get to fully enjoy a movie without someone throwing a wrench into my plans, but yay for me.
    Hope it makes butt tons because I want more Bucky.

United States
    yeah, this film rocked. the gf and i took our nephews, and unfortunately, mine drinks pepsi like it's going out of style so i had to take him to the bathroom twice throughout, but he managed to wait till the non-action pieces to go.

the opening of the film with cap and his team kicking ass on the ship was awesome. talk about getting a running start! it was almost comical how badly cap was knocking the daylights out of those chumps. plenty of action, a great story, and a real satisfying conclusion. might even make a trip back to the theaters without the little ones to take this one in again to see the couple short bits i had to miss. btw, did anyone notice the "ezekiel 25:17" pulp-fiction reference towards the end of the film? it was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of deal, i think i was the only one in the area i was seated in who caught it.

sadly, they didn't play a trailer for the amazing spider-man 2 prior to the opening of the film, which kinda baffled me. anyhow, i've not seen all the other marvel films, but it was definitely a better film than the first avenger, which i really enjoyed, so this one was quite the ride. probably gonna pick this one up on blu-ray when it hits the stores.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, finally got to see this Friday and am shocked there wasn't more discussion about this film from others who've gotten a look.

I thought it was great, well balanced and I had totally forgotten that one of the minor Cap villains had been included...that was a nice surprise at the opening of the film.

Really, really enjoyed it!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm late to the party, but I've finally seen The Winter Soldier. With The First Avenger being my least favorite of the Marvel films and downright ridiculous at times(imo), TWS is a MASSIVE improvement. I really like how they went with more of a spy thriller, only set within the confines of a summer tentpole film. Some of it was a bit predictable and slow at times, but overall it was a damn fine entry into Marvel's line up. Guardians of the Galaxy was easily their best of this year, but TWS is also nothing to shake a stick at.

7.5/10

United States
    Finally saw this over the weekend on DVD. Not the greatest of the Marvel films, but damn good. 8/10 at least. Now that the origin story was out of the way it was great to see Cap in all out action. Easy to see now why the shield slinger is the man.