Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's IT (film) - 2017

United States
    ya gotta admit krisvds, that picture was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/ste...ts-new-ending/

So there. You CAN have your bacon and eat it.

Yeah, I heard about this when the movie came out. Didn't agree with it then, and don't agree with it now even after multiple viewings.

It angered me intensely when SK gave the thumbs-up for Darabont's ending of The Mist. The movie ending sucked horribly.

Just in case people haven't seen it yet (what are you waiting for?!), I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag:

There is no way someone would've opted to shoot their own son before waiting at least a few hours in that car. It was a totally ham-fisted approach to try and give the movie an 'ending' instead of leaving it open like the story. I just can't see someone thinking to themselves, "Gee, we just ran out of gas a few minutes ago... fuck it, time to kill everyone in the car!"

Give to me an incredibly large break! The movie should've ended just like the story.

Other than the ending, Darabont (as usual) did a great job on the film. He seems to be the only one who can nail the "Stephen King book-to-movie" thing for some reason.

Perhaps they should get Darabont to direct the new version of IT?? THAT I would love to see!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70
    if it is a bacon flavored cake, Lou might become your new best friend.
    Quoted for truth!

BTW: did anyone pick up the Blu-Ray of The Mist and watch it in Black & White? WAY better than the color version! It gives it an even more creepy feel, and, if you ask me, the CGI looked and fit into the movie better in B&W than in color.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 26-Jun-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Hmmmm; Might have to pick up that blu-ray soon-ish then. Really like the film and its bleak oppressive ending (sorry but the CGI was all kinds of dodgy at times. The black and white treatment seems like a great idea, even further enhancing the pulpy 'B' feel of it all.
    If only Darabont did 'IT'. The heavy fifties nostalgia and all the classic monster appearances throughout seem right up his alley.

Oh, Lou, that pic was very funny, right click saved as'ed it (ok that sounds weird) right away.
    Saw a kinda funny meme some time ago, forgot where it was but it read; No Hope, No Jobs, No Cash (dead celebs), ... please Kevin DON'T DIE!!!

United States
    Believe me, the B&W version adds such a great 'creepy' feel to the film, and the CGI does indeed blend a hell of a lot better than it does in color. It's worth it to pick up the blu-ray if just for that B&W version.

Yeah, I'd LOVE to see a Darabont version of "IT" - with his track record of just nailing SK stories on film, that, I think, would be an awesome watch.

Saw a kinda funny meme some time ago, forgot where it was but it read; No Hope, No Jobs, No Cash (dead celebs), ... please Kevin DON'T DIE!!!
    You mean this one?

Last edited by LouCipherr; 27-Jun-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added BACON

Undisclosed
    ^^

That's the one!
    lol!

Administrator

England
    Total, utter huh? - http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44207

Pennywise the clown is one of the most enduring horror images on screen, one of the evil incarnations of the demon that haunts a town in Stephen King’s It. Now someone has been found to inherit the role from Tim Curry, who brought him so memorably to life in the 1991 TV miniseries version. Will Poulter is that brave soul.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Well, looks like IT's going ahead - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Steph...te-126717.html

Part one has a release date of September 8, 2017.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like it may not be the train wreck that was expected....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCdOQsX5kc

Ireland
    Can't say I'm mad about the "updated" 80's setting.

Part of the charm of the book was its 50's time period for the Losers Club.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    the wife and I tried to go see this last night, we ordered tickets online in advance but once we got there the theater was packed to the gills. The only seats available were right in the front row where we would end up with a sore neck and headache from looking straight up at the screen the whole time, we decided to talk to management and get tickets for a later date, and plan to go back later in the week once the initial rush dies off. From what we saw, the other two screens showing this had lines out the door waiting to get in, I would imagine this movie is going to make a hell of a lot of money this weekend.

Administrator

England
    I'll probably see it the week after next...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    So there's talk of IT Chapter 2? So there are going to be two films?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the wife and I tried to go see this last night, we ordered tickets online in advance but once we got there the theater was packed to the gills. The only seats available were right in the front row where we would end up with a sore neck and headache from looking straight up at the screen the whole time, we decided to talk to management and get tickets for a later date, and plan to go back later in the week once the initial rush dies off. From what we saw, the other two screens showing this had lines out the door waiting to get in, I would imagine this movie is going to make a hell of a lot of money this weekend.
    It made close to 200 million in it's opening weekend worldwide, which broke all kinds of records. Not bad for a film with a production budget of 35 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So there's talk of IT Chapter 2? So there are going to be two films?
    Correct. Part 2 will be the kids grown up - like in the book.

United States
    well, got around to seeing this last night. i don't really see what all the fuss is about, it came across to me as another modern unnecessary remake with too many damn jump scares and having kids swear a bunch to get some lols from the audience.

the wife and i both thought that the redesign of pennywise missed the mark, and his dancing and movements were almost comically absurd.

while it wasn't terrible, it's not worth the praise it's getting IMO. not sure if i'll see the 2nd chapter in theaters or wait till it's on home video. 6/10

and this film (and all the previews for upcoming films) has made me realize that i really don't think i want a remake of pet sematary after all. the film industry is abysmal these days.