Thread: HTC One X

England

HTC One X

So my contract was due to end and my phone was due for an upgrade (how fast does 2 years go???) and after doing a bit of research, I've gone for the HTC One X. Have to say its bloody awesome! It has a quad core processor which is unbelievable to me seen as I only upgraded my PC to one last year, an 8 megapixel camera which takes awesome photos, a bigger and far more sharp screen than my previous HTC Desire and a whole load of other features. What has really impressed me though is the gaming side of it, it flawlessly runs GTA 3 and Max Payne as well as some other games (like Shadowgun) that look almost current generation! I know some on here scoff at fancy phones, but I really like current smartphones, I can email, type letters, play games, rent films, shop online and everything else through them. I've never owned a laptop & I dont want a tablet, so it kind of bridges that gap. Well recommended if anyone has been looking at getting one.
    The only downside is that it eats battery life if you are using it for anything other than normal phone functions, but this is true of all smartphones.
    I can even make calls & text from it!!
    I hate the cult of Apple so will always choose the alternatives over an iPhone, it was a toss up between this phone and the Galaxy S3.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I'm holding out for a double whammy upgrade of Windows 8 and Windows Mobile 8 at the end of the year.

Super Moderator

UK
    Good to see someone who isn't into the 'cult of the iPhone' ... all I ever bloody hear is "check out my sweet new iPhone", or be sat next to someone who insists on continuing to use it even in the presence of people they're supposed to be having a drink with etc etc etc ... there's always alternatives out there that are better than the common one. It's why I didn't by a FlipHD, and it's why I didn't buy an iPod ... I got a Kodak Zi8 and a Sony Walkman MP3 instead (very happy with both). Both are cheaper and do the exact same stuff, if not more, and they don't come with the Apple baggage and cult vibe.

I've still got a classic flip phone with buttons, and I'll be sticking with that for a good while. Not only would a smart phone not be wise for my finances, I wouldn't use it all anyway. I can understand and appreciate how it can be ideal for people on the go and so on, but it wouldn't be worthwhile with my current lifestyle. Besides, my classic flip phone isn't exactly wanted by any prowling phone thieves when you're out for a drink. It does what I need it to do (the very occasional phone call, texts, and MP3 ringtones ... and basic Tetris if I've got nothing to read on the throne )

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've still got a classic flip phone with buttons, and I'll be sticking with that for a good while. Not only would a smart phone not be wise for my finances, I wouldn't use it all anyway. I can understand and appreciate how it can be ideal for people on the go and so on, but it wouldn't be worthwhile with my current lifestyle. Besides, my classic flip phone isn't exactly wanted by any prowling phone thieves when you're out for a drink. It does what I need it to do (the very occasional phone call, texts, and MP3 ringtones ... and basic Tetris if I've got nothing to read on the throne )
    Smart man.

No need to buy what you don't need.

Honestly, after the novelty wore off, I don't use many of my phones bells n' whistles anymore.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    (how fast does 2 years go???)
    this is completely off topic and please excuse my digression BUT, Tricky are you really 30 now?! and MZ is 28?! holy frak, do the two of you make me feel old. i remember when MZ's age started with a 1 and weren't you like 20 or 21 when you first started to post here???

then again, i was 28 or 29 when i found this place.

tempus really does fookin' fugit.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    this is completely off topic and please excuse my digression BUT, Tricky are you really 30 now?! and MZ is 28?! holy frak, do the two of you make me feel old. i remember when MZ's age started with a 1 and weren't you like 20 or 21 when you first started to post here???

hehe, indeed - I've been coming here for 14 years now ... fourteen ... blimey!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post

Indeed I am chief! I think I was around 22 when I first came here, one minute you're a 20 something just enjoying being the youth of the day, next thing boom! You're 30! I still look and feel like I'm about 24 and can't believe how I can be 30, madness...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    hehe, indeed - I've been coming here for 14 years now ... fourteen ... blimey!
    Yeah i think i was using the old site when i was like 13, and here i am 24.

as the kids say nowadays "jesus christ, how horrifying".

particularly when we were all younger, slightly less cynical and bitter and a lot dumber and our posts are cringe worthy to read now.

I mean arguing about 28 days later being a zombie movie or not, how silly teenagers are

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post
    I'm holding out for a double whammy upgrade of Windows 8 and Windows Mobile 8 at the end of the year.
    Honestly having used windows 8 at work for a few months now.. i cant tell you its nothing to get excited about.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yeah i think i was using the old site when i was like 13, and here i am 24.

as the kids say nowadays "jesus christ, how horrifying".
    try it from my perspective. i've watched several of you grow up via the internet. talk about feeling old.

-- -------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Indeed I am chief! I think I was around 22 when I first came here, one minute you're a 20 something just enjoying being the youth of the day, next thing boom! You're 30! I still look and feel like I'm about 24 and can't believe how I can be 30, madness...

here i was hoping that was an error on your part.

enjoy your 30s, Bro. they are, in my rearview mirror at least, the best 10 years of your life.
    Last edited by Mike70; 25-Jun-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."