Thread: another reason people irritate me...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

another reason people irritate me...

my son is visiting me this week (he's given the old man a break and crashed for the evening) and we speak French when we are together. he is Canadian and goes to a French immersion school.

so, to cut to the chase, we were out on July 4th at the township fireworks and we were talking. some snooty old broad behind us started talking to the another old bag that was with her just loud enough for me to hear about French people and all the usual bullshit.

well, i think some of you know me well enough that shit like that isn't going to sail on this ocean. i calmly turned around and in my twangy sounding ohio valley accent told her to find a history book and start reading. that the US wouldn't even exist without the help of the French and that the ground she was standing on was first explored and claimed by France and that if the French and Indian War had gone the other way, we'd probably all be speaking French.

it was the most polite fuck you i've ever unleashed on someone.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Without the significant amount of economic assistance and naval power supplied by France the Revolution would have failed. Also, IIRC the French hated the British so much that some of their experienced officers on leave were allowed to come to the U.S. to act as advisors.

By the way, I really hated that "freedom fries" bs.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    it was the most polite fuck you i've ever unleashed on someone.
    Not only the 'most polite' but probably also the 'most deserving' of the night.