Thread: ParaNorman (film) - zombie stop motion animation from the Coraline folks...

Super Moderator

UK

ParaNorman (film) - zombie stop motion animation from the Coraline folks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peuS6UlIJ4g&hd=1

I saw the trailer for this a few months back and immediately wanted to check it out. It looks like they've got numerous horror movie references in there for the older viewers (e.g. Halloween theme ringtone, a hockey mask etc) - but it's also good to see the zombies in it are shamblers and the animators had a very strict rule about that.

Anyway - it's about an outcast kid who can see ghosts, and then has to fight zombies to save his town - it looks pretty darn schweet if you ask me.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 14-Jul-2012 at 10:45 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I missed this thread the first time around. I'm looking forward to this flick as well. I thought Henry Selick was the director after they kept relating it to Coraline, which I loved, but apparently not. Must be a producer thing. Either way, it looks like a blast. My daughter gets excited when a TV spot airs, but she keeps asking me why they stole the music from Beetlejuice...

The other night I saw a really funny tv spot where Norman and his chubby friend are watching Night68, but I can't seem to find it now.

EDIT: Found it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3nNLpxUzw

Also, the reviews have been released and they're mostly very, very positive...
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Aug-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I missed this thread the first time around. I'm looking forward to this flick as well. I thought Henry Selick was the director after they kept relating it to Coraline, which I loved, but apparently not. Must be a producer thing. Either way, it looks like a blast. My daughter gets excited when a TV spot airs, but she keeps asking me why they stole the music from Beetlejuice...

The other night I saw a really funny tv spot where Norman and his chubby friend are watching Night68, but I can't seem to find it now.

EDIT: Found it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3nNLpxUzw

Also, the reviews have been released and they're mostly very, very positive...
    hehe, I'm looking forward to seeing the flick sometime, and watching for all the little in-jokes and references to the horror genre. It looks like a really good, fun flick.

Ireland
    If it's half as good as 'Coraline' then it'll be worth seeing. 'Coraline' was one of the best animated films I've seen in a long time.

Creepy as fcuk for some kids though, I'd imagine. Buttons for eyes....*shudder*.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    If it's half as good as 'Coraline' then it'll be worth seeing. 'Coraline' was one of the best animated films I've seen in a long time.

Creepy as fcuk for some kids though, I'd imagine. Buttons for eyes....*shudder*.
    Big kids and small kids alike were creeped out by those button eyes, I'd imagine. They weirded me out.

Review for ParaNorman here:
    http://www.blu-ray.com/ParaNorman/128494/?show=preview

Gets a 7/10.

Super Moderator

United States
    It looks fun as hell, to me. We'll see. I'm not one for seeing a lot of the Pixar etc. animated stuff in the theaters anymore, but I do want to see it eventually.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Anybody go see this? I did tonight, while waiting for the results to come in.
    I liked it, lots of hilarious zombie action.
    I didn't see it in 3D, so I can't say how that was. Most of the film is pretty dark, but I bet the sky effects and the parts with the witch were nice enough. I paid $6 for two people. Good enough for me.
    I did notice some small kids in the audience with me, and a few parts were a bit scary for them.
    Guess it didn't kill at the box office. Not a big animated movie guy, but I was entertained. Maybe it was the zombies, who knows?

Super Moderator

UK
    I want to see it, but I'm waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray release personally.

Glad you dug it though, I've heard good things about it.