Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad season 5

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Breaking Bad season 5

Comic Con Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZftnsWLHdM

Not a bad trailer, but they should put as much effort into BB's trailers as they do for TWD's trailers. BB is the better show between the two, honestly.

Premieres tomorrow night!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Sep-2012 at 04:39 PM.

United States
    even as last season ended, i know that the footage from those cameras would come back to bite them in the ass.....odd to see they squashed that bug so quick.

however, that broken picture frame and whatever was wrote inside is sure to make some waves in walt's pond.

and AMC can stick this new line of programming up their asses. small town security? who fucking cares?

United States
    last night's episode was awesome. i guess with only 8 for this half of the season, they've got to get the ball rolling quickly...but man, things are really picking up fast.

lots of screen time for mike last night, which is a good thing as he's one of the best characters on the show....walt should feel lucky to have such a reliable parter-in-crime.

and holy crap, that interrogation scene between hank and mike was tense. i think i was more nervous than mike was!

the first two episodes of this season have already been better than the entire 5th season of mad men....of course, that ain't saying much.

England
    Recently got my brother into BB and he's ploughing his way through all the seasons like a lunatic. I've also started rewatching it from Season 2 with him so we can can talk about it etc. Very interesting thing to do, especially watching Season 5 at the same time.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    mike's right, lydia needs to die....talk about a liability. and walt's happiness obviously peaked during this episode with junior and all the car action/talking. i think things are very soon going to take a very dark turn for mr. white....that watch ticking away at the episode's end was very ominous.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Breaking Bad, I only watching ss2, but so good, I willl watch last see, waitting...
    Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
    ios 6 beta 3 ipsw - wat remover window 7

United States
    Best show on tv, period. This show makes me feel more dread and suspense than one about the world dying and being overrun by mindless automatons..and zombies, too.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    man, the train robbery scene was probably the most intense moment i've seen on tv since hank's ambush in season 3....in fact, this may have been even more heart-pounding.

and that ending....damn. talk about a punch to the nuts.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Indeed. My wife and I were on the edge of our seats through the entire thing. Which was what....about thirty minutes? It felt like it was taking forever. In a good way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why Walt, WHYYYYY?!? My heart sank when that window shattered. I loved *that* character.

So far they're doing an excellent job turning Walt into the bad guy. I'm really starting to hate him....

United States
    Yeah, Walt has become a full on villain at this point. Sucks about Mike, he was the only one who saw Walt for what he really is and called him on his bullshit.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm finally all caught up on Breaking Bad, woo!

Regarding the finale moment...

You knew it would happen sooner or later, and it certainly seems that they've been playing a lot of Walt's ego and sense of grandeur, and even some weird sort of revenge for selling his stake in that company that's now worth billions ... and as it so often seems to be the case, it's the little details that matter most, and there you go, you keep this bloody book and you don't even bother to hide it, let alone tear the front page out.

An interesting start to the season too, with that flash forward to his 52nd birthday, getting himself tooled up with a massive feck-off gun. Something to look forward to in the back-end of the season, but good god, a year long wait for eight more episodes?!

Regarding 5x07 though, aye, I too was gutted when you-know-who got snuffed out as he was one of my favourite characters, but it works thematically as the 'peak' of Walt's villainy in this run of episodes, and something for him to step back from and reconsider himself.

Something I've noticed as the show continues, there's many moments where you think "if only he/they/she hadn't done this one thing, it would have all worked out" ... and you can trace it back further and further, to Walt accepting (rather than refusing) the financial help of his former business partners, or even further back with him not selling his share in that company for $5,000 ... so every time there seems to be 'an out' in the show, you sit there screaming for them to take it (like recently where they had the methlamine ... spelling? ... and they could have sold out and nabbed five-ruddy-million-a-piece and been out of the business and gone their separate ways) ... of course, if that happened the show wouldn't continue, but you know what I mean? You just wish that they'd make a right decision after so many wrong decisions.

Anyway, it's going to be fascinating to see how they wrap everything up in the final eight episodes after that mid-season closer ... it wasn't explosive, like season four's amazing closer, but it was thematically-speaking a nitrogen bomb. Also, the montage sequence was excellent.

Also - agreed on the train heist - I was all screwed up with tension. I got really ramped up by it - they did an excellent job of editing that sequence.

Favourite moment of the season though, has to be Jessie screaming "Yes bitch! Magnets!" ... for a moment there it was like Breaking Bad crossed with The A-Team.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Sep-2012 at 04:51 PM.

United States
    i knew that walt was gonna have all of mike guys killed at the same time....like a boss. totally loved the inclusion of "crystal blue persuasion" during the montage of walt's empire taking over. such a fitting song.

i'm a bit surprised it took hank that long to finally stumble upon something to link walt to everything...but i can't wait to see how he handles this new information.

such a brilliant show....it's gonna be a long wait till next summer.

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's a Nerdist Writer's Panel podcast featuring Vince Gilligan and a bunch of the writers talking about 501-508. Apparently the audio is a bit wonky to begin with, but sorts out after a few minutes. Enjoy.

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/09/nerdi...ive-in-review/

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Let me get this out of the way: This has probably been my favorite season thus far. Brilliant.

My main question of concern is: Why the hell didn't they just call these 8 episodes Season 5, and the shit coming out next summer be Season 6??? They didn't even write or film the second half of the season yet. I just don't get it!