Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World War Z in trouble (Redux Edition)

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

Perhaps I need to read it again.
    Well, one of the nice things about the book is that the structure lends itself to just picking out a random chapter and having a go.

I think Ned once pointed out that the characterization, characters mindsets and dialogue was very similar from character to character, aside from a few obvious regional/national bits thrown in the text for flavor, and from what I recall I think that's a pretty salient critical point.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, one of the nice things about the book is that the structure lends itself to just picking out a random chapter and having a go.

I think Ned once pointed out that the characterization, characters mindsets and dialogue was very similar from character to character, aside from a few obvious regional/national bits thrown in the text for flavor, and from what I recall I think that's a pretty salient critical point.
    When I read the book that is the same thing I noticed. The characters also displayed an arrogance which I didn't particularly like. The thing with well written books is that you begin to picture in your mind what actors would portray the characters. For me that didn't happen with WWZ.
    Last edited by Sammich; 21-Jul-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: a

United Kingdom
    This is really such a shame, it could've made a great movie. The best I can hope is that the people responsible for these seemingly poor decisions realise they messed up.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Writer Drew Goddard, who was brought in to touch up the script's third act, says that the production isn't as bad off as the media has made it out to be. He claims it's just part of the normal process, which happens often in Hollywood:

I think a lot of that got blown out of proportion. It really was like, they asked me to come look at the movie and give ideas on how to help, and that’s what happened. That happens all the time, I don’t know why this got blown up with World War Z and it suddenly became a big thing. It’s the sort of thing that happens with screenwriters all the time where you give your ideas on what could help, you write some scenes for people… I feel bad for the sort of magnifying glass that that movie’s under because this is just a normal part of the process, this is just what happens… My involvement was just watch the movie, give some ideas, write some scenes that might help, ADR, just sort of fill in stuff, which is what I did.
    Of course he could just be playing nice because he's involved, but he does have a point that these kinds of things happen all the time. This certainly isn't the first film to have this done.
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Jul-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Is 7 weeks of reshoots, which is the equivalent of filming an entire movie, part of the normal process too?

Was there a World War Zzzzz panel or anything at Comicon?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I called this when Marc Forster was announced as director. Yes if you look back I said right here on HPotD this production is going to be a disaster, and I used Quantum of Solace as proof.

Get me in the director's chair... I got an awesome set of tools, I can fix it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I got an awesome set of tools, I can fix it.
    Blowtorch and a garbage can?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I called this when Marc Forster was announced as director. Yes if you look back I said right here on HPotD this production is going to be a disaster, and I used Quantum of Solace as proof.
    Because QOS is the only movie Forster has made?

It's like once QOS(which had issues due to a writer's strike, btw) was released everyone forgot that he made about five amazing films before it....
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Jul-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    They should have just hired Uwe Boll from the very begining.

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    this ^^

United States

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    So all we need to bring Thorn out of hiding is the threat of Uwe Boll.

Undisclosed
    I have a lot more interest in seeing Uwe Boll's new movie than World War Zzzz.

A film about the 2009 Bailout – Uwe Boll style!

The film stars Dominic Purcell as an average New Yorker, who loses everything – including his family – because of the financial crisis and the subsequent bailout. He decides to get vengeance – by taking an arsenal and giving the suited pricks what for!

Super Moderator

United States
    I have a lot more interest in seeing Uwe Boll's new movie than World War Zzzz.

A film about the 2009 Bailout – Uwe Boll style!

The film stars Dominic Purcell as an average New Yorker, who loses everything – including his family – because of the financial crisis and the subsequent bailout. He decides to get vengeance – by taking an arsenal and giving the suited pricks what for!
    I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I will give that Uwe Boll film a chance.

Thanks for the heads up, Sammich!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm working on a TV-series right now, and one of the Grips who came aboard is fresh from the WWZ reshoots in Budapest. I'm going to try to get some details from him in the following week...