Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former CIA Army General: Martial Law Expected & “Warranted”

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    The pictures he posted are of the local police SWAT team and their van.
    Sammich is plastering this site with nothing more than troll bait.
    This is a Zombie/Horror genre board and no place for heavy discussion of individual politics.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
    This is a Zombie/Horror genre board and no place for heavy discussion of individual politics.
    I understand where you're coming from. And there's probably others that don't like to see political topics here. But I think it's a testament to to the maturity of the members that we can have political discussions, disagree with each other sometimes in heated discussion but come away from it with no hard feelings toward each other. I know you've made alot of points on things I agree with, and i appreciate your input on things and wouldn't want to see you stop taking part in discussion. But really there's no harm being done by Sammich and anything he posts. Not in my opinion anyway. I'm not just saying that cuz we agree on alot of things either. I want opposing opinions on things, it makes you understand things better and keeps you on your toes. It can be very humbling when someone verbally makes you wear your ass for a hat.
    Yes it's a zombie/horror based board, but this is the general discussion section where you're expected to post things that aren't zombie/horror related. There are no rules being broken by him posting anything he posts. And he doesn't post them for the purpose of turning things into a flame war. He doesn't make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with him. So I don't really see the problem.
    In fact, Neil, the site owner/administrator takes part in many political discussions and oversees what's posted. So if what Sammich posted was truly troll bait, I think Neil or one of the moderators would warn him about it. But that hasn't happened so that must mean that what he posts is not seen as troll bait or problematic. Other people post political topics too.
    We're all adults here I believe so we should be able to decide for ourselves what we choose to read and discuss. Nobody is forced to read anything they aren't interested in reading.
    If it's that much of a problem, there is an ignore function. Most members tend not to use it as it isn't really necessary for the most part. I've never seen anyone being harassed or pursued around the boards where the ignore function is needed. I think everyone is mature enough to conduct themselves in an orderly manner where it's not an issue.
    Last edited by babomb; 07-Aug-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: ..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
    lol dude, some of the stuff you have been saying towards Sammich has been making me laugh my ass off so I'm not picking on you by saying this but take notice...

YOU are making yourself out to be the troll here. You've constantly been poking your finger in Sammich's eye socket in several threads here and I'm guessing he probably doesn't like you taking a dump on his freedom of speech. Sooooo how about cutting Sammich some slack and allow him to express his First Amendment rights? I'm not saying you can't debate with him but the "your stupid and/or crazy so shut up" arguement is lame.

Oh and yes, Zombie board discussions are held in the Dead Discussion section. Nearly anything is talked about in General Discussion as long as it isn't against the rules.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    You don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message....
    It is ironic that you say that, because "someone" who told me to take debate and philosophy classes has only dished out ad hominems.

Normalcy Bias

Last edited by Sammich; 07-Aug-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: a

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    lol dude, some of the stuff you have been saying towards Sammich has been making me laugh my ass off so I'm not picking on you by saying this but take notice...

YOU are making yourself out to be the troll here. You've constantly been poking your finger in Sammich's eye socket in several threads here and I'm guessing he probably doesn't like you taking a dump on his freedom of speech. Sooooo how about cutting Sammich some slack and allow him to express his First Amendment rights? I'm not saying you can't debate with him but the "your stupid and/or crazy so shut up" arguement is lame.

Oh and yes, Zombie board discussions are held in the Dead Discussion section. Nearly anything is talked about in General Discussion as long as it isn't against the rules.
    Exactly what I was trying to say. I just didn't want to start more shit so i tried to say it eloquently. Sammich could've really come undone about it, I know I probably would've if I were the one being targeted like that.
    Last edited by babomb; 08-Aug-2012 at 01:32 AM. Reason: ..