Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cockneys vs Zombies (film) - UK zomcom

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    if the zombies chase these dudes anywhere near a Burberry factory/store/wharehouse, they are all human tartar.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    watching it as we speak as all i can say is this: my wife isn't a fan of our dear departed flesh eaters but she laughed her ass off at this. plus, as a cockney herself, she was giggling her backside off at dudley sutton getting his rhyming slang wrong.

and i just found this

Last edited by Cykotic; 24-Oct-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: forgot something

England
    Really enjoyed this. My brother didn't so it must have been the in jokes that worked for me.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Just finishing up watching this now. I saw that Rasmus Hardiker is in it, and I loved him in Your Highness. Overall, it is a pretty damn good movie. My kid claims I saw this in the past, and wasn't impressed. I recall watching it only long enough to see a really old lady from the nursing home hit on one of the young guys in a pretty blunt and disgusting manner. My luck, I probably trashed it elsewhere and it'll rear its ugly head and bite me on the rumpus. Thankfully, it's not to be had on this thread, if at all...
    Anyhoo, I'd definitely put it right up there with Shawn. In fact, if I see it again supercheap on blu-ray, which I vaguely recall possibly seeing somewhere, then that badboy is mein.
    Dug it immensely, and plan on looking up some of the actors to check out their other work. I do also somewhat recall the old geezer from the nursing home died semi recently. Can't remember his name, but I've seen him in alot of British crime movies, and he always brings it, or brought it, I guess.
    Silly, but very nicely done. I liked the apples and pears bit. I also love the way they talk. I'm surrounded by hillbillies, so it's a nice change of pace for a gal like me.
    Solid A.

Super Moderator

UK
    I rather enjoyed it too - but I wouldn't put it up there with Shaun of the Dead, personally - it's certainly not close to it, but out of the post-Shaun crop of zomcoms, it's one of the very best.

Norway
    I liked the movie, the best part where with the old folks trying to survive during the outbreak unfortunately there was this bank robbing plot and group that took up to much of the movie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    Having been in it I can tell you its a very fun film, doesn't take it's self too seriously as you can tell from the trailer but has some good zombie moments in. Plus it features that amazing actor Chris Knight *looks shifty* among other Brit icons.

Trailer rightly misses out some of the best comedy and gore/horror bits, which makes a change.

Loved the trailer, it was very funny. Looking forward to watching it.

Undisclosed
    Just Netflixed this flick last night. It was quite enjoyable. Would I go out and buy it? Not necessarily but it's certainly worth a watch. One thing I am grateful for is subtitles. Those Cockney accents can get a little thick at times.

England
    This looks hilarious. Can't beat a good bit of British humor.

Dying

United States
    Really good movie. The grandpa was clearly the best character, crazy old f*ck.