Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chic-Fil-A supports hate groups?

United States

Chic-Fil-A supports hate groups?

what's this bullshit that Chic-fil-a supports hate groups? Every article I have read about it says "hate groups" and won't mention a specific group or name the groups....unless these "hate groups" are setting homosexuals on fire or assaulting homosexuals......I gotta call bullshit to these "hate group" claims when in reality it's just groups under an anti-gay banner.

Undisclosed
    Here is what I tell neocons when they scream against gay marriage: If you are against gay marriage, then don't marry a gay.

The whole chic-fil-a fiasco smacks of a publicity stunt to exploit the always gullible moral crusaders into buying their crap and it looks like it worked. When I heard about chic-fil-a I thought it was a women's clothing store, that is how insignificant it is around here.

I would rather go eat at Del Taco where they serve food and not some holier than thou crap from corporate.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Here is what I tell neocons when they scream against gay marriage: If you are against gay marriage, then don't marry a gay.

The whole chic-fil-a fiasco smacks of a publicity stunt to exploit the always gullible moral crusaders into buying their crap and it looks like it worked. When I heard about chic-fil-a I thought it was a women's clothing store, that is how insignificant it is around here.

I would rather go eat at Del Taco where they serve food and not some holier than thou crap from corporate.

This son of a bitch is quite tasty let me tell ya. Combined with a big pile of these....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm...........

-- -------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

oh yeah....forgot about the rot your teeth out sweet tea.....damn....now I'm hungry
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 04-Aug-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: ....

Dead

United States
    It's just another bullshit distraction to keep us from focusing on the real problems in the country. Sad part is, it's actually working. Alot of people actually care what the owner of a fast food joint thinks about gay marriage.
    They're turning cops into soldiers in CA, the economy is still crumbling, both presidential candidates are douche bag puppets, but the media is focusing in Chick-fil-A's stance on marriage.
    Meanwhile, in the real world.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    S. Truett Cathy could call my mother a whore or tell me he hates all white people and I would still eat Chic-Fil-A....
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Aug-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: .

ViP

United States
    I actually agree with this.

This is one case where ignorance is not bliss.

-- -------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    S. Truett Cathy could call my mother a whore or tell me he hates all white people and I would still eat Chic-Fil-A....
    He could pull off a mask and reveal that he is Hitler and I'd still order a number 1 with no pickle at least once a week.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Well naturally my first thought is "i dont give a fuck what you think about anyhting in the world, bitch get back in the kitchen and go back to cooking chicken", but then i suppose us buying food pays the money he donates to human rights- but only for straight whites- style groups in the long run.
    So yeah its valid to be pissed off by him, but only for where the money goes, who gives a fuck if you cant taste the homophobia yknow? i mean i worked at mcdonalds during uni and knew for a fact a few of the local regulars who were not white loved when their burgers got cooked by the BNP racist as fuck white guy.
    Last edited by Danny; 04-Aug-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: sdfdsf

United States
    I think everyone on both sides of the fight are nucking futs, the sad part is the ones against it now showing their asses by verbally attacking innocent employees and vandalizing the stores. Say what you want about the religious nutballs, but they seem to be acting a little more civil than the other side.
    I personally think that place sucks major donkeyballs. I had to lick a cat's butt to get the taste out of my mouth last time...
    But so what? The guy stated his beliefs. Eat there or don't. Stop clogging up the net with this crap.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    CFA has been an openly and overtly christian business since it was founded. If closing on sundays and not donating to causes that are against their core principles means they support hate groups. Then i guess they are guilty.........
    FYI, The raindbow gay community has boycotted CFA for years to no avail they just keep growing.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Waiting for a conspiracy theory.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Waiting for a conspiracy theory.....
    Chic-Fil-A supports Exodus International. They conspire to turn homosexuals into heterosexuals.

Kaos, there is hope.

-stray-

http://exodusinternational.org/

Super Moderator

Germany
    Exodus International is a consortium of retards. Never worked, never will.

Undisclosed
    The more I find out about the company, the more it repulses me.

Here is an article from Forbes in 2007.

The Cult of Chick-fil-A

Some excerpts:

The fast-food purveyor seeks loyal employees and operators who believe serving chicken is God's work. Careful screening of new hires keeps it out of trouble.

At a busy Chick-fil-A in Rome, Ga. Richard Yadkowski keeps a paternal eye on employees squeezing lemons and cooking chicken. Like seven teens who work in his restaurant, Yadkowski, 33, came to Chick-fil-A when he was living in a group foster home created by Chick-fil-A founder and chairman S. Truett Cathy. "I tell the kids, 'This is not just selling sandwiches; it pays for your upbringing,'" says Yadkowski, a hardworking, happily married Southern Baptist who plans to work with Chick-fil-A for life.
    "We tell applicants, 'If you don't intend to be here for life, you needn't apply,'" says Cathy, who opened his first restaurant in 1946.
    But Danielle Alderson, 30, a Baltimore operator, says some fellow franchisees find that Chick-fil-A butts into its workers' personal lives a bit much. She says she can't hire a good manager who, say, moonlights at a strip club because it would irk the company. "We are watched very closely by Chick-fil-A," she says. "It's very weird."
    Chick-fil-A, the corporate parent, has been sued at least 12 times since 1988 on charges of employment discrimination, according to records in U.S. District Courts. Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston, sued the company in 2002 after Latif, a Muslim, says he was fired a day after he didn't participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program in 2000. The suit was settled on undisclosed terms.
    Those who do say they like the member-of-the-club feel that goes along with working with Chick-fil-A. "It is very difficult to get in, but once you're in, you're in for life," says Donald Elam, a Chick-fil-A franchisee in Superstition Springs, Ariz.: "I tell all my people, 'I'm not working for Chick-fil-A; I'm working for the Lord.'

Man that is one creepy corporation and I thought the last place I worked at was bad when the pathological lying psychopath owner, in one of his many narcissistic outbursts, believed that all of his employees lived, slept, and breathed his company. I wonder if one day the head office is going to send an order out to all of the stores commanding the chikins doing god's work to drink the special kool-aid.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    No different than Apple, Ford, IBM, etc............... Corporations have cultures and cliques.
    Besides, 12 EO lawsuits in 23 years for a large corporation is a record low............
    You sir are not a true Ron Paul supporter. Just another troll.

The more I find out about the company, the more it repulses me.

Here is an article from Forbes in 2007.

The Cult of Chick-fil-A

Some excerpts:

The fast-food purveyor seeks loyal employees and operators who believe serving chicken is God's work. Careful screening of new hires keeps it out of trouble.

At a busy Chick-fil-A in Rome, Ga. Richard Yadkowski keeps a paternal eye on employees squeezing lemons and cooking chicken. Like seven teens who work in his restaurant, Yadkowski, 33, came to Chick-fil-A when he was living in a group foster home created by Chick-fil-A founder and chairman S. Truett Cathy. "I tell the kids, 'This is not just selling sandwiches; it pays for your upbringing,'" says Yadkowski, a hardworking, happily married Southern Baptist who plans to work with Chick-fil-A for life.
    "We tell applicants, 'If you don't intend to be here for life, you needn't apply,'" says Cathy, who opened his first restaurant in 1946.
    But Danielle Alderson, 30, a Baltimore operator, says some fellow franchisees find that Chick-fil-A butts into its workers' personal lives a bit much. She says she can't hire a good manager who, say, moonlights at a strip club because it would irk the company. "We are watched very closely by Chick-fil-A," she says. "It's very weird."
    Chick-fil-A, the corporate parent, has been sued at least 12 times since 1988 on charges of employment discrimination, according to records in U.S. District Courts. Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston, sued the company in 2002 after Latif, a Muslim, says he was fired a day after he didn't participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program in 2000. The suit was settled on undisclosed terms.
    Those who do say they like the member-of-the-club feel that goes along with working with Chick-fil-A. "It is very difficult to get in, but once you're in, you're in for life," says Donald Elam, a Chick-fil-A franchisee in Superstition Springs, Ariz.: "I tell all my people, 'I'm not working for Chick-fil-A; I'm working for the Lord.'

Man that is one creepy corporation and I thought the last place I worked at was bad when the pathological lying psychopath owner, in one of his many narcissistic outbursts, believed that all of his employees lived, slept, and breathed his company. I wonder if one day the head office is going to send an order out to all of the stores commanding the chikins doing god's work to drink the special kool-aid.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
    No different than Apple, Ford, IBM, etc............... Corporations have cultures and cliques.
    Besides, 12 EO lawsuits in 23 years for a large corporation is a record low............
    You sir are not a true Ron Paul supporter. Just another troll.
    Corporate culture and cliques are not the same as enforced company policy. I have done my time in corporations and experienced it all.

I want to hear proof of your accusation that I am not a "true Ron Paul supporter".