Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Domain Awareness System brought to you by NYC Mayor and Microsoft.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I would like to know too. It would be funny if someone set up a FB page that lists all intrusive companies like that so people can avoid doing business with them.
    That's a great idea.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Holy shit look at this comment-

This is the same as saying that if you aren't a non-thinking cookie cutter clone who has no opinions of their own, who doesn't value personal privacy, who shapes their entire life around the expectations of potential employers, don't bother applying here. We only hire fake people and lobotomized individuals...
    that sounds discriminatory as all fook. i don't know whether to laugh or cry at that kind of thinking. it sounds like a very, very, very childish version of "Gattaca".

myspace is for kids. facebook is for people that want to re-live high school everyday and tell you whent they are going to get milk in the process. twitter is for twats as far as i'm concerned. there is no greater threat to individualism and privacy in the world right now than social "networking" sites.

-- -------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    This is not surprising since I've already been called a "psychopath" because I don't have a facebook account.

So apparently, protecting my privacy has made me a nutcase. Wonderful.
    ditto here. people look at me like an i'm the one that is fucking ignorant when i tell them i don't use that kind of crap. those kinds of articles are about as insulting as it gets to people who don't possess the "big shot" gene and need to feel/look like the big man. that is what social networking is really all about: it is yet another way that people can engage in dick sizing contests over their careers, their cars, their houses, etc. people that are addicted to places like facebook are the ones to really worry about. i've cut way, way back on my internet time as whole anyway (guess that makes me even more "suspicious") because there is a giant and interesting world out there filled with great things to do. none of which can be done in front of a computer monitor.

fuckwits that want to waste their time on facebook can go ahead. i'll be kayaking or hiking or volunteering at the VA - in short, i'll be interacting with the real world.

-- -------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I think that one might piss me off more than "better safe that sorry"
    yeah. every SINGLE person who ever lets the asinine sentence "If you aren't doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide." slip from between their foolish lips should receive a full face pimp slap from someone the size of a sumo wrestler.

that kind of thinking and this preoccupation with "safety" that lead straight to totalitarianism. No police cameras in public places. anyone that thinks that is a good idea is nothing but a fool and child, who doesn't deserve to be discoursed with as an adult. so, if you think things like that are ok, i hope you don't choke on your basic freedoms as they go down.
    Last edited by Mike70; 17-Aug-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    people look at me like an i'm the one that is fucking ignorant when i tell them i don't use that kind of crap.
    That happens to me ALL the time. You should see the looks I get when people say "What's your facebook page?" and I say, "Don't have one, never will." I get a look like I just murdered their children!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 17-Aug-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: ..

Dead

United States
    ruh roh.....